“New location”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Ramsey, New Jersey
“New location”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

As before the food and service are excellent, the new location is very nice. However, it is so noisy it is hard to enjoy the excellent food and almost impossible to hold a normal conversation. In some ways we liked the old ambiance much better.

3 Thank robert s

“very impressed !!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

my husband and I have been going to Andrea's for almost 10 years. when we heard they were going to be moving a few places down we were very excited!! we went there a few times already sinced they open about a month ago and I most say we have had such a great experience. I was shocked reading some if these other reviews and how critical are about things. The place literally just opened the doors a few weeks ago, give the owner and staff some time to get things going. I love the new bar and how we can have a drink before and after dinner, the bartender they hired is great!!!! We even chose to dine at the bar last week and as usual the food was amazing. The prices are very comparable to food in the area - the only difference is the food at Andreas never ever seems to let us down. I'm pleasantly pleased with the new place and wish the owner and all involved tons of success !!

Naples
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Andreas for over 30 years, ever since moving to the area.

We had dinner reservations and when we walked into the "new" location, we were rudely treated by the 2 hostesses. I speciafically asked to sit at our favorite waiter's table. We followed the 1 hostess and she pointed to a table and told us to sit there she started walking toward the back. We did not sit but instead waited to see our waiter. He was nowhere in site. The noise level was horrendous. We walked out. Sorry to say, we probably won't ever go back to this wonderful restaurant we once knew. I tried to contact the waiter several times by phone. Either he wasn't in, or when they transferred the call, all I heard was a low static voice. The restuarant is completely disorganized. They should have stayed in the old location.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank tishad
Surprise, Arizona
“Great improvement to an already great experience!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Andrea's has recently relocated within the same strip mall and although it's only a few doors away from it's old location it's like being in another world! The new facility is spacious and wonderfully decorated. A unique feature they have added is a full bar however they wisely still allow you to bring your own wine without any corkage fee!!! The food and service remain excellent as ever. We were there on a Monday night and every table was taken and the bar was full. They also now have a party room upstairs which can be used for any overflow regular service. I wish them continued success and keep up the great food and service.

New Jersey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I would like to say I seldom write a negative review. However, I went with my friends for dinner and was disappointed and felt I needed to comment . I did try to note some positive things too. We go out once a month for dinner for the past 13 years and are always looking for a new place to try. We had not been to Andrea's for years and decided to give it a try again. I have to add that the last time I had been here, even with a reservation, it was not honored and my husband and I were with a friend who was undergoing Chemo. Since they were visiting, I felt so bad tacking on an additional hour standing out front waiting to be seated for dinner for this friend when she was obviously not at her best.
Back to this visit-I did not feel welcomed by the hostess. When I go to a restaurant and am about to spend my hard earned money, I would like to not feel like I am bothering the person up front. That is exactly what I felt like we were doing. Sorry, but the woman there needs to smile and be nicer. I will compliment a change in Andrea's policy- they did seat us without 2of the people in our party being there yet. I know in the past when I was there they did not do that and I did appreciate it last night. However then, after our party had been seated for quite a while, we were not approached by our waiter with the specials. In fact two other tables were given the specials much earlier. Also, one of us had brought Champagne and it was taken for granted that it was for everyone without asking. The Champagne and White Wine were put into an ice bucket behind the table in an awkward space but NO ONE ever came back to ask if we wanted more and it was up to the only person who could reach it ( with difficulty ) to pour for the ones who wanted it and she did not drink those kinds of wine. When the salads came out, one person got hers at least 5 minutes before all the others. Also, the waiters all leaned over me to put things down and clear never once saying "excuse me". The food itself- all of the entrees that my fellow diners got were fine. I got Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli. It was bland and tasteless. I almost think they forgot to put garlic in this dish. I brought home some leftovers (which leaked) and my husband tasted the shrimp. He said "whatever you paid for this was too much-you could have thrown some shrimp in a pot of boiling water and it would have been the same".
The atmosphere here is lovely though, but very crowded but a comfortable feel. The Napolean that people were having for dessert looked fabulous and people said it was great.

• Visited May 2013