“A Restaurant with a Track Record”
Review of Coriander

Coriander
Reserve with OpenTable
Coriander is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Voorhees
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Haddonfield-berlin Rd and Laurel Oak Rd.
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have been dining at Coriander for at least 5 years and, in fact, am a "grandfathered" member of a dining club it started back in its beginning and since closed to additional members. I dine and have dined there, on average, once per month. This is a very reliable kitchen that consistently turns out food with robust flavors and distinctive tastes. I can not say that I am an expert on Indian food as I have only eaten Indian at this restaurant, but I know food that tastes good and this restaurant provides that. Fish peri-peri, its soup offerings, and the flash-fried salad are some very good starters. The tandori chicken is delicious as well as the other chicken and lamb dishes. There is a full array of vegetarian options. There are combination meals centered around a single category such as chicken, lamb, vegetarian although I have never tried them.

The staff is congenial and this is a BYOB so you can bring whatever wine/beer that suits you best with Indian food. I particularly enjoy their Chai tea. Pricing is fair and although the entre portions almost always look small to me upon arrival, they never cease to amaze me in that there is plenty to eat and I typically leave stuffed.

There are newer reviews for Coriander

Reviewed January 9, 2012

As soon as you enter, you find a different decor than the usual Indian restaurants, earth tones with one side of the hall sectioned off into separate 'rooms', decorated beautifully with colors. Music was good and we loved the ambiance. The hostess is a beautiful lady and came to our table a number to times to ensure that we are having a good time. The food, is one of the best we have ever had, and we're Indians. My kids are fussy eaters, but even they acknowledged that they 'loved' the paneer makhani. All the dishes we ordered were wonderful, my husband ordered a chicken dish, the chaat was fabulous. We have no space left for dessert. Although we live more than an hour away from Voorhees, I wouldn't mind travelling down there once a month to have a taste of heaven!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went here for the first time to try the lunch buffet and I was so pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty and there was plenty of it. I might have to return sometime to try it for dinner.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Beware! I visited coriander today and this restaurant is manifested with flies and other insects. On inquiry with the staff, they said that these are fruit flies and they cannot do anything about it. Horrible how they can still happily run the restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stopped by for lunch and everything was delicious. The menu explains what everything is so you can easily make selections. Service was excellent! They also have a buffet sometimes.