“Hosted my wife's 40th Surprise Birthday Party”

The Mansion on Main Street
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mansion on Main Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Voorhees
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As the premier event venue in South New Jersey, The Mansion on Main Street can host parties of up to 500 guests with unlimited seating options. Not only will our flexible event space accommodate occasions of all sizes, but the service will remain seamless — whether we’re serving a small business meeting or a large private gala. Our elite staff delivers precision and ingenuity to produce unforgettable events. The Mansion on Main Street offers exquisite ballrooms, an all-glass ceremony pavilion, picture-perfect gazebos, lovely outdoor venue space, full service catering, an award winning culinary team and easy accessibility from the entire Greater Philadelphia and South New Jersey area. The Mansion on Main Street hosts the longest running Sunday Brunch in the Philadelphia and South Jersey region. Popular is an understatement. Set in one of our beautiful ballrooms, this culinary display will certainly please the entire family! Also, check out our special events throughout the year!
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This past Sunday I booked a room in the Mansion for my wife's 40th Surprise Birthday Party. From my very first call, I was blown away by the professionalism, kindness and thoroughness of Samantha Ridge-Daly. I cannot say enough good things about Sam. She was there for me every step of the way. Whether it was menu selection, room selection and coming up with other ideas, she could not have been more helpful. She heard what I wanted for the party and make the ideas I had in my head a reality. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious, the wait staff was friendly and efficient and the maitre' d Kim ran the event with precision. The day was exactly what I had hoped for and I cannot thank the entire staff of the Mansion enough. Thank you again Sam for helping my give my wife a day that neither of us will ever forget!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to the Mansion for brunch on Easter Sunday. I have been to this venue about 10 -15 times in the last ten years for various events. Most times I had been disappointed in the quality of the food but we had recently been to a small wedding there and the food was surprisingly good so I decided to give it another chance.
The best part about this place is the setting. It is an elegant building with a lovely view of a pond. We were seated on the third floor which is the least attractive of all three floors but still is a pleasant environment. This could be a wonderful catering venue were it not for two major problems. First, the food is consistently mediocre to poor. At Easter both the sirloin (I would have expected prime rib) and lamb were dry and overdone. There was a very limited selection of entrees. None of the desserts were homemade and they were not at all tasty. For $48 per person it was definitely not worth the money. The second big problem is that this place is poorly managed. They require you to pay for your meal in advance with a 21 percent gratuity included. They made a mistake and double charged me for one of our meals. It has taken 2 weeks and several phone calls to get it straightened out.
That is the last chance - I will not be going back to the Mansion.

3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Entertained family for a special ocassion...at it was most impressive.
Not cheap...but great for special celebrations.

1  Thank ALAN D
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I loved the beauty of the mansion. Went for a Ladies Night Out - school fundraiser. The food was good, drinks were also good. I felt the staff was knowledgeable & friendly. Can't wait to return for brunch with my family.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Heck, it was the worst restaurant experience in my life. First, the food was fine and the staff was fine. The male singer was too loud and I couldn't hear my waitress.

But, what ruined the entire brunch, which isn't cheap, were two items:
1. My table was defective and spun about 45 degrees arc. When you cut your food, the table would spin and the liquids would spill. I complained to both the waiter and waitress, and no offer to move. I already had our food and drinks, and thought I could handle it. I had to hold the table still while my daughter cut her food, and she had to return the favor while I cut mine. Like I said, I brought it up to both wait staff.

2. But even worse was the ear-piercing, shrill, shrieking baby that totally took over the entire room--so much so that a newly seated table heard the screech, and immediately requested a new table. This child's ear piercing screech disrupted everyone's meal--each time she did it, everyone looked. It was unbelievable. I complained again, twice, to my wait staff, and they even remarked how annoying the child was and they apologized. I still cannot believe a parent would make an entire restaurant suffer like this, and the restaurant would permit it. I am positive I am not the only person who complained, having seen a table of 6 or 8 move. Management would remove a drunk patron and management should've handled this horrible sound. This was not your typical baby whining or crying--that I've handled in restaurants, church, whatever--this was ear piercing and 100% disruptive, especially having it right behind you.

When the mother finally did remove the child, about an hour into my meal, the remainder of her table stayed. When they left, they waved goodbye to the chef at the waffle station and another employee, so they were obviously known there and not be offended--that was reserved for the rest of us schmucks.

Never will I host an event there or attend a brunch. It is over 24 hours later and I'm still mad--at both them and more at myself for not being ignorant and demanding a new table far from the screecher and far from the spinning table. I may have even been able to handle one of the two obstacles, but not both combined.

Jackie E.

4  Thank Jackie E
David L, General Manager at The Mansion on Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Jackie E-

I am saddened to see that our Sunday Brunch did not live up to your expectations and sincerely apologize for the environment around your table that caused you not to enjoy the food and service to its fullest extent.

In regards to the table, it appears that this table was not correctly locked into place and I am very sorry to hear that it was not fixed by our staff. I have taken this concern up with my staff and talked in detail about the full dining experience that our guests expect. A table that is not correctly locked in place is not acceptable and I sincerely apologize for creating this discomfort.

Secondly, in regards to your experience with the family with a noisy child, I apologize for your frustration. We want to ensure that The Mansion is known as family friendly and I want every single guest to bring their children of all ages to our Sunday Brunch and feel comfortable to do so. I trust in that same manner that these guests observe respect and politeness but we all know that small children can be unpredictable and I am happy to move any guest that is not comfortable near a family of small children that are noisy so that everyone involved has a wonderful experience.

I have alrady reached out to you privately to help make this experience up to you. We will ensure that if you choose to return to The Mansion that we will do everything we can to make sure that your surrounding environment meets your expectations.

David Leffew