“It's the Brunch”

The Mansion on Main Street
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mansion on Main Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Voorhees
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Weekly Sunday Brunch Breakfast with Santa Dickens Brunch Thanksgiving Mothers Day Easter Fathers Day Seders
Voorhees, New Jersey
“It's the Brunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Entertained family for a special ocassion...at it was most impressive.
Not cheap...but great for special celebrations.

1 Thank ALAN D

New Jersey
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I loved the beauty of the mansion. Went for a Ladies Night Out - school fundraiser. The food was good, drinks were also good. I felt the staff was knowledgeable & friendly. Can't wait to return for brunch with my family.

Blackwood, New Jersey
“Worst brunch experience in my life”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Heck, it was the worst restaurant experience in my life. First, the food was fine and the staff was fine. The male singer was too loud and I couldn't hear my waitress.

But, what ruined the entire brunch, which isn't cheap, were two items:
1. My table was defective and spun about 45 degrees arc. When you cut your food, the table would spin and the liquids would spill. I complained to both the waiter and waitress, and no offer to move. I already had our food and drinks, and thought I could handle it. I had to hold the table still while my daughter cut her food, and she had to return the favor while I cut mine. Like I said, I brought it up to both wait staff.

2. But even worse was the ear-piercing, shrill, shrieking baby that totally took over the entire room--so much so that a newly seated table heard the screech, and immediately requested a new table. This child's ear piercing screech disrupted everyone's meal--each time she did it, everyone looked. It was unbelievable. I complained again, twice, to my wait staff, and they even remarked how annoying the child was and they apologized. I still cannot believe a parent would make an entire restaurant suffer like this, and the restaurant would permit it. I am positive I am not the only person who complained, having seen a table of 6 or 8 move. Management would remove a drunk patron and management should've handled this horrible sound. This was not your typical baby whining or crying--that I've handled in restaurants, church, whatever--this was ear piercing and 100% disruptive, especially having it right behind you.

When the mother finally did remove the child, about an hour into my meal, the remainder of her table stayed. When they left, they waved goodbye to the chef at the waffle station and another employee, so they were obviously known there and not be offended--that was reserved for the rest of us schmucks.

Never will I host an event there or attend a brunch. It is over 24 hours later and I'm still mad--at both them and more at myself for not being ignorant and demanding a new table far from the screecher and far from the spinning table. I may have even been able to handle one of the two obstacles, but not both combined.

Jackie E.

4 Thank Jackie E
David L, General Manager at The Mansion on Main Street, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Jackie E-

I am saddened to see that our Sunday Brunch did not live up to your expectations and sincerely apologize for the environment around your table that caused you not to enjoy the food and service to its fullest extent.

In regards to the table, it appears that this table was not correctly locked into place and I am very sorry to hear that it was not fixed by our staff. I have taken this concern up with my staff and talked in detail about the full dining experience that our guests expect. A table that is not correctly locked in place is not acceptable and I sincerely apologize for creating this discomfort.

Secondly, in regards to your experience with the family with a noisy child, I apologize for your frustration. We want to ensure that The Mansion is known as family friendly and I want every single guest to bring their children of all ages to our Sunday Brunch and feel comfortable to do so. I trust in that same manner that these guests observe respect and politeness but we all know that small children can be unpredictable and I am happy to move any guest that is not comfortable near a family of small children that are noisy so that everyone involved has a wonderful experience.

I have alrady reached out to you privately to help make this experience up to you. We will ensure that if you choose to return to The Mansion that we will do everything we can to make sure that your surrounding environment meets your expectations.

David Leffew
marlton
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there on Saturday for a 50th anniversary for work party. Excellent food! Excellent atmosphere. But I think which was most excellent was our server Heather. She did an amazing job making sure we had water and coffee. She was polite and had a great personality! Always had a smile on her face. She even went out of her way to help one guest who didn't like her meal to get her something she like! The Maitre d' even helped Heather by bringing it out so that Heather made sure the other guest had there food. The Maitre d' also did an amazing job. Thank you for a wonderful experience! Great Staff!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Bat Mitzvah at The Mansion”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The entire staff at The Mansion did an EXCELLENT job for our daughter's bat mitzvah. Jeff helped us plan a custom experience. He knew exactly what we wanted and made it easy for us. Our MC, John, went out of his way to ensure the logistics ran smoothly. Pasquale and the other waiters and waitresses were SO helpful and professional. The food was great. When compared with the price of lunch at restaurants, the price was quite reasonable. Nice job to all at The Mansion!