“It shall be missed!!!!”
Review of Carriage House Restaurant - CLOSED

Carriage House Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am in mourning -- I just found out that the Carriage House closed on 9/30/12. The website is gone and the phone number disconnected already -- even after serving dinner on Friday! We have been patrons for more than 30 years and we shall greatly miss our "go to" place for a relaxing and peaceful dinner with great views. I wish I knew what happened so quickly, but we wish Sue and her family many blessings and much luck in the future!

1  Thank CruisingRUs

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time at the carriage house and my last. The food was absolutely horrible. First it took our waitress 15 min just to bring us water. She kept saying I'll be right back. Other tables were seated way after us and their waitress took their order way before us. I ordered the devil crab. It was flour and water fried. With service and food this bad I do not know how they seem to have descent reviews on here. However for ambiance I will give it 4 stars bc it was quaint.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

My family went there for a luncheon after my mother-in-laws funeral. When I sat down I noticed that the place setting wasn't the cleanest, but not horrible. There were 3 waitresses serving around 45 people and their personalities ranged from put upon to downright rude. You would think that knowing where we had all just been they could have tried to be a little friendly. The water was gross, so of course the coffee and tea had funky tastes to them. If you asked for anything outside the realm of "normal" like a soda, they acted like you were inconveniencing them. I had the crab cake and it tasted like a Mrs. Paul's. My sons had the chicken parmesan and they were like frozen packaged chicken rondeles with sauce and cheese thrown on top. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were homemade and they were good. The dessert was a defrosted swiss roll with vanilla ice cream.
I wouldn't normally complain or write a bad review of a restaurant, but the attitude that these waitresses had compels me to write this.

7  Thank whodini0614
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We ate here on a Friday evening. We were the first to arrive for dinner. Two very pleasant women tended to us. The food was delicious. The service was prompt. The music was easy to listen to. The view of the pond was beautiful at dusk. Whoever is complaining about this place is missing something.

Also, they have TONS of coupons on their website we didn't know about prior to coming in and the prices are excellent.

1  Thank anomeric
Reviewed June 29, 2010

First of all lets start it off by i couldn't even say one good thing about this place. During the heatwave you think they will have their air on it was hot stuffy just completly horrible but good thing they didn't have the air on cause the dust in there was just nasty i don't think they ever dust in there since the place been open. AND THE SERVICE in there was so poor, one rude elderly women waiting on the whole resturant ask for soda couldn't get one and the water on the table i think there went out back to the pond and got a pitcher of water to put in the cups on the table. The buffet was nasty it was a weird combination of food. The stuff they was selling needed a good cleaning. It looked like I was eating inside a yard sale. Its very nice to feed the geese but come on now clean up after them, the walkway was very nasty fill of geese droppings.My overall opinion of the place is, it needs a good cleaning, new staff, and a new choice of food for the buffet.

2  Thank Jersey_Philly