“Very Good”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I love going here when we want good Italian close to home. I personally like the fact that you get smaller portions, but good tasting food. It is a little pricey and the service is good but not overly friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant when you want to stay local and don't have time to go to Philly.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My friends and I ate at this restaurant today (12/1/12) and it was a horrible experience. I had eaten at this restaurant once before, when the owner was on the premises and knew a person in my group. That turned out to be a good time, only because the owner was trying to impress his friend. I suggested to my family members that we try this place again, since our first experience was so good. I called very early today to make reservations for 4 people for lunch at 2 PM. I was rudely told that 2PM was dinner and not lunch ---what? It didn't matter since we were driving from Philly and really looking forward to a good meal. We arrived in time for our reservation and found the place totally empty. We were seated and given only dinner menus to choose from. When we placed an order for Bruchette - we were told that the ovens were OFF and they could not make it. We made our selections and after quite awhile, we were brought out a few pieces of bread and "A" slide of butter for all of us. When our food arrived, we were all shocked at the size of the dishes, which were huge, but the food in them was scarce. The food taste was okay, but not worth $25 for a dish of pasta. When we asked for desserts, we were told that the baker doesn't come in till 4PM and they only had bread pudding and fresh fruit. We ordered 3 bread puddings, but they only brought out 2, as this was all they had. This was quite embarrassing and over-priced. The dinner for 4 people - 4 pasta dishes & 2 bread pudding and no liquor came to $114.00 - never again! Beware of this rip off place!!!! It cost us more to drive from Philly and wasn't worth the trip.

1  Thank Rita S
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Without knowing much about the area I wandered into this establishment. I was immediately greeted and seated for a late lunch about 1:30p. The restaurant is not crowded and I had the crab amalfi appetizer which was really good. However, the chicken massimo with linguine, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes was delicious.

The only downside to my visit was the restaurant was preparing for a large party so during my meal. I was the last lunch customer and staff was busy moving tables, chairs and the d.j was also setting up equipment and testing the speakers.

The male waitstaff was awesome, however, the female server dressed in black was horribly unhelpful. The food was truly authentic Italian cuisine. I don't think I will be back because the do not have bar. So if you choose to dine here go for the food.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The quality and taste are second to none. Best in sj. The portions are more for a light eater.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Four of us went to La Locanda for dinner. It's located in a strip mall and the decor of the restaurant is very ordinary. The first turn-off was when I saw the a Caesar salad was $10 and the menu also stated there would be $1 per salad sharing charge. One of our party asked if the fresh oysters in the appetizer special of the day were "good size". The waiter said they were. (As the meal progressed we figured the waiter had no idea what we were saying as he could barely speak English. Whehen the oysters came, the only thing that was "good size" were the shells. The oysters were barely the size of a penny. Six of these miniatures were $15. One person ordered linguini with clams. The portion was tiny and he was still hungry when he finished it. All of our mashed potatoes were cold and the serving size about 1/2 a small scoop of ice cream. The waiter was inattentive and we had to continually ask for water and bread/butter refills. (We needed mor bread to fill us up). My veal chop was advertised on the menu as 14 oz. Even before it was cooked, I don't think it came close to that weight.. On our way out we did speak to the manager, Luigi, who listened and offered us a 20% discount on our next visit. We nicely declined his offer as we have no intention of returning there.