“Perfection!”
Review of Catelli Duo

Catelli Duo
Reserve with OpenTable
Catelli Duo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Voorhees
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I visited Catelli Duo yesterday for Fall Restaurant week. Everything was perfect! For the four courses I enjoyed the delicious Crab /Butternutnut Squash bisque. The fall flatbread was yummy, with the cranberries,Gorgonzola & balsamic glaze. The duck entree was outstanding! The duck was a nice medium-rare with a delicious orange cranberry demi-glacé . The triple dessert combo was a perfect ending. The Caramel appletini tasted great with the apple purée, butterscotch & vanilla vodka. Love this restaurant. The service was awesome, along with the food , and atmosphere.

1  Thank Linleedo
Chevas6366, General Manager at Catelli Duo, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Linleedo,

We really appreciate all the nice things you said about the restaurant. I certainly wish every critic was as accepting and friendly as you are. Please come back and try some of Chef Lou's creations in the near future. Thanks again,

Cameron Cote

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The atmosphere and the style of the restaurant area great. The bartenders were friendly both times I went here. It seems to be a bar for attractive and well off single middle aged women. Both times I was here there were multiple groups of them. So if thats your thing, this would be a good place for you. The food is very good and they have a bunch of unique options. I had the Barramundi fish the first time I went. It was very good. I got Oysters as an app both times and they were pretty good. I live on the coast of CT so we are spoiled with great oysters. I also had the Tuna Cannelloni app which was awesome but very small. I suggest the double but that will cost you $20. As I said the place is pricey but I think that whole area is. Its also in a nice plaza and has a great outdoor bar that is heated.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We'd heard good reviews about the "new" Catelli restaurant in Voorhees, so we decided to try it. My wife and I were in the mood for pizza, so I ordered the Margherita, and my wife selected the Fig-tastic.

While the Fig-tastic, with gorgonzola dolce, walnut pesto, and speck, was irresistibly savory with rich, slightly sweet flavors, the Margherita was a disappointment. Supposedly made with San Marzano tomatoes, it was bland, without the extraordinary taste of authentic Margherita.

Dessert was hot chocolate soufflé, rich, molten Belgian chocolate baked-to-order and served with pistachio gelato on a pizzelle. A tasty treat, it didn't have the light, fluffy texture of my favorite souffle in Paris, but, what it lacked in texture, it made up for in luscious, dark chocolate. The delectable pistachio gelato was a perfect complement to the souffle. It's a dessert I'll definitely order again!

The Margherita pizza would have made the meal four stars, but the elegance of the Fig-tastic pizza, the chocolate soufflé, and the elegant interior of the restaurant elevated the review to five stars.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The place is very attractive but the food doesn't quite measure up. It's a great concept but a little pricey and I object to the specials being up to 50% more than the menu items. The only way you would know is to ask because they, like so many other restaurnats, don't volunteeer that information. The bill for 2 with one drink each, one appitizer, 2 main courses and only one side dish was $100 with tip. Way too much for this place!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Catelli Duo as a group of 4 for Farm to Fork Week. Having been here 3 times prior, we knew that the food would be good, but we were blown away on this trip. Most restaurants have just a few choices for each of the 4 courses for this special week - Catelli's had at least 8 choices for each course. Samples of the food we had were : Crab cake with crab & corn chowder (served table side and probably one of the most delicious dishes I have ever eaten), fried green tomatoes with shrimp & lobster salad, jersey long hots stuffed with short ribs, seafood ravioli (to die for), lamb chops perfectly cooked, duck, and salmon. Service was EXCELLENT! I just hope that some of these dishes make it on to their regular menu. Awesome night!