“Food excellent!”

Dining options: Reservations
Glassboro, New Jersey
“Food excellent!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Service was a little slow, but the sushi is Grade A.
Would love to go back sometime and try some other specialty dishes.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Anthony S

Southern NJ
“Some Interesting Special Rolls”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I previously wrote a review of Akira about a year ago. Akira still has the same interesting decor. However, I am upgrading my rating from 3 stars to 4.

My husband and I have been going to the movies late afternoons/early evenings on Mondays and then getting dinner afterwards. We have been to Akira four times in the last 6 weeks. It's just across the plaza from the Ritz/Rave and not too far from Cinemark either.

Mondays and Tuesdays, some of the sushi selections are 30% off. We have enjoyed the Crazy Tuna Roll, the Diga Roll, and the Samurai Roll from the special sushi section. (The Treasure Island Roll was a bit too sweet for our tastes.) Last night, we really enjoyed a simple smooth avocado roll as part of our meal, and the spicy tuna roll was also very good. Akira does not load up the sushi rolls with rice. At 30% off, dinner is very affordable.

Service is very good. Last night, one of the main servers noticed us at the restaurant again on a Monday night and asked our hames. We in turn asked hers.

Will we go to Akira on a Saturday night? Probably not. But for after the movies on a Monday, Akira is an excellent choice for us.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank GreenUnicorn
Cherry Hill
“Customer Unfriendly”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My family recently family to this restaurant for the first time and although the food was good, the waitress was very unfriendly when she delivered the wrong item. It is not an inexpensive place and to have to argue over a mistake made by the waitress is not right. The waitress could have had the manager over to amend the problem but she chose to "duke it out" so to speak with us. With about a half dozen or more Japenese fusion restaurants recently opened withen a mile ot two..to this one I say so long....no sense getting a nervous stomach over a rude waitress.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank GodFather24
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Decent byob sushi”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

It's conveniently located in a stripmall near a liquor store and an Office Depot if you have a business supplies need. I've only had the soup and sushi although they have a hibachi menu and a hibachi room. The food is fresh tasting with some interesting specialty rolls - try the ones with tempura shrimp. Very nice presentation and genteel service. Cheap saki from Roger Wilco's may enhance the fine dining experience. Moderately expensive for a restaurant in a strip mall near an Office Depot.

2 Thank mswunion1976
“We love Akira!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I love Akira! We go at least once every two weeks. It's a BYOB so whenever we go we bring beer and sake. They heat the sake up for you and give you an ice bucket for the beer. Sharon is our favorite waitress! She's so sweet! I see on some of the reviews people complain about the 'happy birthday' song. Yes they do play it throughout the restaurant for people's birthdays and it's a bit loud. But, the song lasts maybe 30 seconds.. Lighten up!! I would recommend anyone to go here! We love the rock roll and the voorhees roll. And the hibachi dinners are always good! The seaweed salad is delicious as well!

3 Thank Katiedoc2

Been to Akira? Share your experiences!