“Excellent hotel at a low price”

Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I went to the Ramada with my spouse and our daughter who is 9, and we loved it. The room was only US$71 for two queen-size beds and breakfast included. It was very clean, and the food was very good. But most of all, the service was just great.
We were looking for an affordable place to stay near Wildwood since it was too expensive to stay by the beach for us. I have to admit that it was actually a bit far from the beach, but there were lots of restaurants and a shopping mall in the area, and we got to see more than just Wildwood.
I would recommend it without hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Septhon

Reviewed May 9, 2010

After reading the reviews, I was a little hesitant, but I noticed that most of the average to negative reviews were placed months and even years before the new ownership and renovations were completed in late 2009. Most of the real positive reviews were placed after December 2009. After further investigation, I found the Ramada Inn of Vineland, NJ was recently sold to new owners, completely refurbished including total room makeovers with new carpeting, new bedding, flat panel TV's, a new restaurant (Dakota Prime Steakhouse and Sushi Bar) and a brand new attitude. They even installed one of the first solar energy fields to the rear of the property and power the entire complex from solar energy. I travel on business quite frequently and quite honestly was not expecting much in a small town such as Vineland which is half way between Philadelphia, PA and Atlantic City, NJ. Well, I have to say I was truly impressed. The room was awesome with the most comfortable bedding comparable to some of the highest end and most expensive hotels I've stayed in. The Steakhouse/Sushi Bar was excellent. According to some of the locals, this has become one of the best, most talked about restaurants in the area. The bar called Harry's Lounge reminded me of the TV show "Cheers" The atmosphere was very friendly and live music featuring different vocalist/musicians every Wed-Saturday kept an otherwise mundane business trip quite interesting. If you visit, Vineland, I highly recommend the Ramada Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Ramada in Vineland for a family event being held in the area. We were pleasantly surprised. The entire hotel had been renovated from top to bottom including the hotel rooms. They had all new furniture and bedding and the mattress was better than ours! They also had a new Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. The Steak was out-of-this-world delicious and the sushi was by far the best I ever had. Even my wife was very pleased with everything. And the prices were very reasonable. I would definately recommend this hotel and plan to stay there every time we visit the family. I can't wait to eat at the Steakhouse again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladypan
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The good part first: excellent location next to the highway and the price was right.
The complimentary breakfast was very very good. The ball room was beautiful and the food also was very very good.
The bad part: Carpet had huge spots, there was a cigarette hole in the comforter, the bathroom had rust all over the ceiling, the door mirrror had paint on it. The room was adequate but dull. We had requested a renovated room. If this was it, it needs to be renovated again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tuuts
ramadavineland, owner at Ramada Vineland Millville Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2010

You were correct about the carpet and as a result we have completely re carpeted the property and also we have completely renovated all parts of the property. We have put granate and marble in the lobbyand we have replaced all guestroom furnature, new 37inch flatscreen tvs and new walls and mattresses,curtains etc.Thank you for your remarks we hope we have adressed your concerns. John

Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel for a wedding we were attending. If you have a choice don't stay here, stay next door at the Wingate. When we entered our room we found it to be dingy. The comfortable had a hole in it, does not make you feel confident about the standards for cleanliness. When we went to check out the bathroom there was water in the tub. I would not walk barefoot in the room. The rest of the family at this hotel had the same experience. Also, our friends had problems with the toilet and had to have maintenance check it out, when she returned to her room after the maintenance crew left, her bottle of cologne was missing!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We just returned from a trip to the shore and we stayed for a night in Vineland so that we could visit a racetrack nearby. The staff was attentive and the room was great. We got the sense that there is new management and they put us into a nice room that appears to have recently been renovated. Looks like they'r going to re-work the whole place. Food was good. It was good value. We will return

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We had a miserable experience and hope never to return to this property. The "included" breakfast did us no good, since the kitchen and waitstaff could not manage even to ask us what we wanted to drink after waiting for 15 minutes. Hostess in coffee shop was extremely rude when we finally told her we were leaving to get breakfast elsewhere. "We're busy" seems like a lame excuse, especially since you know how many people you have staying in the hotel and getting a comp'd meal. Isn't "busy" what you want to be? The rude, obnoxious soccer teams staying in the hotel ran wild in the halls, and the only employee present could not leave the front desk to deal with it. That employee also lied and said he did not have the coaches' room numbers and therefore could not call them. Teenagers were in the pool after 11 pm, screaming, throwing furniture in the pool while the "responsible" adult coaches filmed them. Desk clerk said the manager was not present to deal with that problem; signs in each room, at desk, and by pool, said that the pool "must be closed if manager not present." I have never spent so much time waiting to get a working key for my room. Keys would randomly stop working after a few hours, or by the next morning. Had to trudge around building to enter front door, or go back downstairs to have yet another employee tell me about the new key machine they had not yet figured out. Previous guest's whiskers on shower stall wall (we don't shave in the shower) stayed there for all four days. Housekeeping only did a decent job on room on the days I left a tip--when they didn't dump the trash, I stopped leaving tips. By last day, I had to put trash can out in the hall, because I was tired of it overflowing on the floor in the room. Terrible stay, full of minor but relentless incompetence. Only one pleasant employee in four days. Hard to understand why the owner is putting so much money into paint and remodel, but won't get employees to take care of guests.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TonyMyob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland
Quality Inn & Suites Millville
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville

Been to Ramada Vineland Millville Area? Share your experiences!