“Paid more than I should have”

Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel last week. We chose this hotel because it wasn't too far from Atlantic City and reasonably priced. It was about a 40 minute drive to AC and much cheaper than the beachfront hotels. The hotel definitely appeared to be the nicest in Vineland, NJ. I have to say, it was nicer than I expected. We didn't get an opportunity to enjoy the amenities such as the pool and restaurants. We were told a cook-to-order breakfast was included - were given 4 great meal options at check-in. Some of the options included meat but we didn't get up in time the next morning to take advantage of the free breakfast. The room was very spacious and the ac worked extremely well. I noticed a few things that were not as clean as they should be, but nothing I couldn't deal with. For example, spider webs in the corners near the ceiling and dust on some of the furniture. I always spray the entire hotel room with Lysol to kill germs left by previous guests, so I was okay. The hotel appeared to be very secure. I didn't notice any elevators, so I believe you have to take the stairs if your room is on the 2nd floor. Fortunately, our room was on the 1st floor. I would probably stay at one of the AC beachfront hotels the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New London
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was clean, however the non-smoking room did smell of smoke. The front desk staff was relatively unpleasant and the housekeeper mentioned that she needed to get drunk upon my saying hello to her. I though that was an odd bit of information to offer up to a guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada of Vineland over night on July 6th. I was visiting the drive-in and didn't want to make the 2 hour drive home in the middle of the night. I have previously stayed at the Hampton Inn for the same reason, and found it much nicer and more enjoyable. I arrived at the Ramada at 4pm, an hour after check in. The woman at the counter seemed very unorganized. There was another couple in front of me checking in. It was at least a half hour before I made it to my room. She couldn't answer any of the other couple's questions, escpecially about rewards points. I had to wait quite awhile for her to radio to maintenace to find out if my room was clean. It wasn't, so I had to wait for them to discover a room that was clean. When I finally did arrive at my room I was disappointed. The Ramada boasted about having been completed remodeled and updated. I didn't see it. The hallways smelled strongly of smoke, even though we had a nonsmoking room. The bathroom, and especially the shower, were gross. The bed was very hard to sleep on. The only real light in the room is provided by 2 small bedside lamps. The only positives about this hotel were the pool and the diner that is on the premises. The pool is large and clean with a few lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. I thought the hours were strange, 10-10. When we got up in the morning we had to wait around for a long time before we could use the pool. You receive a free cook to order breakfast in the morning at the diner in the lobby. There are 4 choices. I was surprised by the quality of their food. We had eaten there the previous night for dinner also. I had a crabcake sandwich, and was happy to see that it was lump crab meat and not a frozen, breaded patty. The wait staff seemed very unknowledgable though. You also have the option of eating in a smelly bar or a VERY overpriced steak house. If you need to stay in Vineland, spend your money at the Hampton Inn which is right next door. They are only 20 or 30 dollars more a night, and have a much nicer, and cleaner facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SMarie1986

Travelers are raving about these Vineland hotels

New Providence
Reviewed July 8, 2013

1. I booked non-smoking two queen bed room since I have two little kids. The receptionist confirmed that I needed non-smoking room which I said yes. She let me wait for few minutes and assigned Room 155, which was freshly sprayed heavily with air freshner. After few hours, the room smelled smoke badly. There was even ashtray and matched on the table. They shouldn't lie about health!! They know I have kids
2. The bath-room flush is semi-broken. You need to flush it in a special way to make it happen.
3. Pay extra for microwave and fridge
4. The key stops working frequently
5. Pay extra for more than two in a room. for a family with kids, you pay for kids for breakfast.
6. Could be cleaner. Check room 155, I could see dust on walls clearly.
7. No towels on swimming pool.

Plus points
1. The 6-pack carry out beer in the bar is cool. Bar is nice.
2. Breakfast is good, though you have to pay for more than two packs.
3. Lots of parking space

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland
Quality Inn & Suites Millville
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville

Been to Ramada Vineland Millville Area? Share your experiences!