“Converted convenience store”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Converted convenience store”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a nice Italian trattoria that also has some really delicious brick oven pizza. The menu is a traditional Italian style dishes prepared to fill you up. This is a BYOB eatery.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gonzini127

“Lunch with my wife.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I suprised my wife with an invite to have lunch.The place is very nice ,waitress was very good and the food was great.Will do it again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Been coming here for Lunch close to 10 years”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I usually do business in the Atlantic City/Vineland area and stop here for lunch at least once a week. I have to say, I really never had a bad meal. Prices are reasonably fair and to put things into perspective their lunch portions are the size of olive gardens and other places dinner portions. The wood fired pizza is spectacular with fresh buffalo mozzarella and crispy (really well done cooked in a flame).They usually are always busy. The trick is to pick the right waitress/waiter and the food comes out on time. I usually pick Tish, Corie, or Pete(but haven't seen him there lately).Definitely don't pick Theresa she always complains and not worth the hassle. I also have to call "bull" on the review below.Having to do business in Vineland regularly, It always seems people in this area expect you to owe them something for nothing,expect some kind of discount, or never want to pay anything and lie.
I regular order the Italian sub and it does include sopressata and capicola and even goes as far as to add Prosciutto which no other place puts.So big deal you spent 24 dollars, go order a shortie from Wawa and Subway where they use imitation turkey byproducts and cost more for every little condiment but, wait they may be to expensive for you try mcdonalds dollar menu. Yea It makes a whole lot of sense the food was so bad you where gonna throw up but still were gonna eat the other Italian hoagie for lunch tommorow. If i bought a televison from best buy and for what ever reason was dissatisfied with it, I wouldn't call the manager and say give me credit or my money back and i'll keep the tv.Get real. That manger would say( like this one said) bring it back and he'll fix it or give your money back. I really hate doing business in this town. DON'T COME IN AND RUIN MY DINING EXPERIENCE.

“Never again”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ok- You ever eat something, look at it, and keep eating it HOPING it's somehow going to get better? Yep- I ordered (3) hoagies tonight for take out. 2 Italian Hoagies and one Roast Beef Hoagie. $ 24.62 for three sandwiches !! Got them home, and my Wife almost threw up. There was a little Prosciutto on it, and a "smidgeon" of Salami. No sopressata, no capicola. And to make matters worse-she said that the meat tasted "funny" and made her queasy. My Roast Beef Hoagie could not have had more than 2-3 ounces of beef on it-the roll was so chewy it could have been used as a dog's pull toy. I waited over 25 minutes to get 3 nasty sandwiches, so I called back to talk to the manager. I got the owner, who proceeded to give me a 10 minute explanation as to why he puts 8 oz of meat in every sandwich, which I kept telling him NO there wasn't. He says that all meat is portioned out to 8 oz. Well these WEREN'T even 3-4 oz. He also told me that he's not raised prices in 5 years, and that if he put more meat in the sandwiches he'd have to raise prices. He asked me if I ate the hoagies, and I told him that I still had one Italian left to have for lunch tomorrow. He asked me if I could bring back the sandwich. Why should I have to bring back a sandwich for the owner to inspect? I expect a sandwich/hoagie/grinder/whatever to be more meat than fixings.. I asked for no spices on my Roast beef hoagie, and got them anyway. They do have ok pizzas, but nothing exceptional. I won't be back for anything if the owner can't even offer a discount on 3 nasty sandwiches..He could have offered to credit some money to the bill since I was dissatisfied. But he didn't even offer that. Didn't even offer me ANYTHING to make me satisfied with the order. Come on- Almost $25 for 3 sandwiches, and they are more bread and fixings than meat? Never again.. I didn't need a 10 minute explanation as to how he does his business. He just won't get mine anymore..

Millville, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We (a party of 3) went to Martinos for dinner this past Friday (5/2) and what a disappointment! The restaurant was busy but we were seated immediately. It was an extremely noisy crowd...we could not even have a conversation due to the other patrons rowdiness. Our server was pleasant but obviously rushed and not overly attentive. We placed our order at 7:00 p.m. and our meal arrived at 8:15! During our LONG wait not once did our server stop by our table to check on us or apologize for the delay. Our meals, stuffed shells/veal parm/risotto with spinach & chicken arrived hot and were large portions. The stuffed shells & veal parm meals were mediocre and the risotto dish was positively tasteless. Upon serving our table our server apologized for the long wait....this would have been better received had she checked on us occasionally during our wait. Also, the maître d' was watching all the tables that hadn't been served & going into the kitchen but never approached the tables to check on her patrons or apologize for the delay! Our last trip to Martinos, for sure!!!!

1 Thank Sharon L

Been to Martino's Trattoria and Pizzeria? Share your experiences!