“Good value/Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went around 3 pm for late lunch. Clean and well lit. Salad bar was awesome. Very fresh. Food was very good, a little too salty for some items, but overall well seasoned and tasty. Desserts were great. You don't see bread pudding too often, and I was thrilled since its one of my favorites. The atmosphere is buffet. If you're looking for ambiance you won't find it here, but if you want good food and reasonable prices this is a must.

1  Thank Barbara B

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food was fresh and the restaurant was clean and well managed. The cashiers could have been more friendly but the food overshadowed their rude behavior.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Place is disgusting. Horrible tasting food. Rude people. Don't bother to waste your money. Surprised they are in buisness!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm not big on cheaper buffets b/c you get what you pay for. We have never been for dinner, but I don't think we ever will. Breakfast there was just ok. The coffee, HORRIBLE! It was like dishwater went into the pot.

I don't understand nor like that you get your drinks before even paying. I didn't know if that meant you can't get refills? Not sure.

The food was average. I've had and made much better at home for cheaper. It seems quickly made. Also it seems/tastes as though they use prepackaged foods.

I wasn't at all impressed, but I can see it's allure for lower budget families such as ourselves. We agreed we could have gotten better food and more on our plates that we actually liked for the same price if we went to nearby Denny's or Bob Evans.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been here several times since it's opened, and also the GC in Voorhees. I prefer the Voorhees location to this one. I love Cumberland County, but we have some no-home training people in this area. And with that comes chaos in a communal setting. It's really not GC's fault that many of the customers simply don't know how to behave. They do have a rule that children cannot serve themselves unattended, but people do it anyway. And you know how kids with no home training are: all over the place, making random/customized demands, dropping food, cutting in line, etc.

As for the food, it's incredibly salty. I understand it serves as a preservative, but that can't be good for anyone's health. There is a difference in food quality based on whether you are dining on the weekend or weekday. I think that's really terrible. Just so you can charge more, you cook the food better on weekends? Bad business in my opinion. Not to get me wrong. Most of the food is tasty, but salty or sweet appeals to most palates, which is pretty much what most offerings fall under. It's not based on any particular skill in developing beautiful, healthful flavors.

My husband likes this place a lot because of the simple premise: great variety for very cheap. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're like me: one to two plates of food is sufficient. I feel I waste my money here because I eat so little and believe in portion control. When I go somewhere to eat, I like to feel good about the food and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, with GC, the sheer number of overweight/morbidly obese diners makes me not want to eat at all. It makes me feel sad quite honestly, and why should I pay for that feeling? Of course, a simple solution would be not to get bogged down in that, but it's hard to overlook in a cafeteria-like environment.

As for the staff, I've never had an issue (at any location). They are very quiet, pleasant, and unassuming. Everybody seems into their work and I can appreciate that. Managers make the rounds fairly regularly and ask how everything is, which is lovely. Like I said, it's really just the diners. I can eat here once in awhile, that's all. It serves its purpose for those instances where you're hungry, but don't know what to eat. However, if you have the option, I would go to a GC in a quiet location where diners are respectful.

1  Thank AfricanVenus

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!