“A Great Hotel and an AMAZING Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Kingsport, Tennessee
“A Great Hotel and an AMAZING Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff at this hotel provided world class customer service. The first night I had difficulty with the heating/air unit. The front desk clerk came up immediately to assist with the problem. With prompt speedy service, I was able to get a good night's rest in a very comfortable bed at a very comfortable room temperature. This location is better then many others I have stayed in. Every morning I was greeted by Vaughn in the dining room by name. He was very personable. I normally do not receive this kind of service. Since I travel 75% of the time, this was a nice change from the norm. I look forward staying at this location in the future. I have even told my coworkers how awesome this place is. Thanks again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TNCatsie
Jim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear TNCatsie, How awesome is it for the business traveler such as yourself to experience such awesome service as you mentioned in your review. Vaughn is by far an invaluable asset to our hotel & guests which keeps them returning all the time. Our location, quality & attentiveness being recognized by travelers like you are paramount to our success - without our loyal guests we wouldn't be here to serve. Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share the great 5 Star review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is very clean and the service is excellent. I would come back here the next time. The shining faces that greet you every morning on your way to work is the best part. The hotel is centered in town with everything you would need.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mreed720
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed here for close to a month in total now and I have to say I am very impressed by the hotel itself and especially the employees, especially Vaughn who goes out of his way to assist customers including myself and my co-workers. They recently remodeled the hotel and the rooms are the nicest I've seen at a Holiday Inn Express and made it very comfortable to stay in for two weeks at a time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean M
Dear Sean M, So glad you took the time to share with Tripadvisor readers your experience with us here. Without a doubt, I'm proud to have such an awesome staff, especially Vaughn who continually goes out of his way to deliver outstanding service! The comfort of the hotel here is top rated and with our beautiful fully renovated hotel there is no other place to stay but here. Thank you for the great recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to the area.
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I plan to go nowhere else. This is by far the best hotel in the Vineland/Millville area. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. I plan to come back in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnbiggs87
Dear johnbiggs87, We're thrilled to hear that you consider us "the best hotel in Vineland/Millville area." Our staff strives to show this to be true to every guest that walks in our doors and glad you're our loyal guest. Hopefully on your next return visit will fall on a Wednesday evening where you can enjoy some other great perks such as our Managers Reception. Looking forward to having you back soon!
Jamison, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

When checking inn there was a couple complaining about the noise. They said they didn't get to sleep until 5:00 am because of people shouting yelling and doors slamming. Their must have been a party going on. I questioned this right away and was told this was a rare event. So off to bed I went I was so exhausted. Now I know what the complaining couple was talking about. You could hear every noise around you. People talking, yelling, laughing. Street cars drag racing. Horns blowing it was horrible. Sure enough It calmed down around 5:00 am. I had to be up by 7:00am. When I complained to the front dest the explanation I received was.. "Oh, it was because it was a Saturday night and they can rent rooms to eighteen year olds."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Valecia V
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent two nights here in a king suite. The hotel is attractive and seems well-run. Unfortunately the walls are thin and on the weekend we stayed here, other guests were very noisy.

We booked a non-smoking suite but the first one we were assigned had a strong smell of tobacco. I called the front desk and a nice young man came up, agreed with my assessment of the odor, and located another room. It was smoke-free although the air was stale and there was no way to increase ventilation. The stale smell stayed for all three days. I did not want to have it sprayed because air fresheners contain neurotoxins. I wish hotels would have windows that open at least a little bit.

The suite has what they call a privacy wall which is only about 30 inches tall. It is next to the sofa bed so you have a suggestion of separation from the king-size bed, but not much. The kitchen part of the suite is a tiny refrigerator with a small sink and counter over it and a small microwave. A cupboard had a bowl in it and a couple of napkins. I'm sure we could have gotten more utensils if we had asked, but I had some with me anyway.

The sofa bed had a single sheet on the mattress which was very wrinkled. There was a pillow in a cupboard but no pillow case. I asked for a sheet set at the front desk and was given an incomplete set by mistake, which was another inconvenience. In spite of all this, the overall quality of the room was good. The decor was stylish and serene. The king-size bed was comfortable. My husband really liked the reading lights. (Few hotels provide really good lighting for reading.)

The bathroom was nice except for a little area of peeling paint on the ceiling. The shower was in a tub which at least had a grab bar.

The breakfast bar was more varied them some, although I was glad I brought my own gluten-free items. There was wireless internet and the hotel gives you a password.

The hotel is next to the Cumberland Mall and behind a Friendly's Restaurant. I would consider staying here again although my first choice would probably be a different hotel which I saw over by the Wheaton Arts Center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here Sept 15th after the NJ Mud Run. The hotel looks fairly new. Front desk are is clean and so is the sitting area.

Rooms were nice, big and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom very clean.

Staff was friendly and informed. We saw some issues with other hotel guests that were yelling and fighting. We told the front desk and they took care of it immediately and got the police there. This was not reflective of the hotel, but rather crazy guest.

Breakfast was very good and free. Nice range of food with eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, cereal and much more.

Location was great. Walking distance to many businesses and places to eat.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!