“Not bad at all”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
New Jersey
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I got this hotel from Priceline when I bid for the Vineland area. Based on the reviews I was pretty nervous but this place exceeded my expectations, especially for the price I paid.

First of all, the staff was EXCELLENT. The two people we dealt with at the front desk were beyond friendly. The lady working at the continental breakfast was the best. She kept everything well stocked and clean, and if we needed anything else all we had to do was ask. Another thing that impressed me was how the staff interacted with each other in front of the guests. They were friendly and professional toward each other. You don't always see this, as even in some of the nicest places I've stayed at I've seen staff complaining to each other about something or arguing.

We were given a room on the first floor with two queen beds. I believe they're in the process of renovating because it seems like the carpet was brand new. The room was clean, the bathroom was fine, no mold or mildew. Yes the shower drain was slow, but only at first. After a minute or two it worked fine. The beds were extremely comfortable and I slept great. The furniture in the room was a little worn but nothng was falling apart. It was also pretty dark and could use some brighter lighting. The only negatives were the thin walls, which is a problem everywhere lately. I could hear the people above us as well as every door in our vicinity slamming in the morning. I had the same problem at another Holiday Inn Express recently and I just don't understand why they have such loud slamming doors. It literally sounds like it's your door that's slamming.

We did use the hot tub at the pool and that was clean and relaxing as well. The "towels" there are hilarious though. They were slightly bigger than dish towels.

In summary, this place wasn't nearly as bad as most of the reviews here make it seem and I'd stay there again if in the area. If you do stay here, be sure to check out a double feature at the Delsea Drive In, just a couple minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NJDevil
HolidayInnVineland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind words and for staying at our hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback at the next employee meeting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boston
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This Holiday Inn was just OK. The bathroom floor tiles were badly cracked and it was fairly clean but not sparkling. Walls were thin. Some rather dubious looking fellow guests, and as another reviewer mentioned, the not v comfortable mattresses seemed to be covered with plastic sheeting. I would not choose to stay here again. On the plus side, the staff were really helpful and the lobby area was nice; the free internet was efficient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travelwriterBoston
Thank you for your stay with us. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations. I am hoping that you visit us in the future. We have several improvements planned in the future months. Including new furniture, new bathroom tiles, new flat screen televisions and new mattresses after the summer is over.
Fripp Island, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2011

If you need to stay in the Vineland / Millville area, The Holiday Inn is located conveniently next to Route 55, Millville Arts District and Adjacent to shopping at the Cumberland Mall.
The Hotel Staff was Wonderful and Accomadating! The Hotel itself was clean and offered an Indoor Pool and Free Breakfast Served up by a Server That Cares! This Guy takes pride in his work and ensures that your satisfied. This is a notch above a Continental Breakfast made good by the Caring Staff. Free Wifi is a plus. Floors and Rooms could use updating, and the Suite with the convenient Whirlpool in the bedroom Could use another interior decorator! This is Status Quo for all of the Holiday Inns. BEWARE!! When booking a room at ANY HOLIDAY INN or International Hotel Brands, ALWAYS confirm your reservations, room type, and rates with the local hotel! I have NOTHING but miscommunication problems with this chain. Bait and Switch is their M.O. Always VERIFY with the actual hotel you're staying at! Fortunately, the staff at this hotel is customer friendly unlike their main booking customer service!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Brick, NJ
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay here for the night so that we could go to the Delsea Drive Inn. (Normally we camp near Cape May and drive the Hour, but the weather said it was going to storm.) First they advertised on the sign a discounted rate, but when we checked in they said that was only based on availability. As a result, we paid 2 x's the amount. NOT WORTH IT!!
Then walking down the hall to our "NonSmoking Room", smelled smoke and saw stains everywhere on the messed up carpeting. Once in the room, it was gross. The room STUNK of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the carpet and furniture. I didnt sleep a wink thanks to the people running up and down the halls at 2am who slammed their heavy doors. The Continental Breakfast was ok, but not worth the money we paid. I would highly recommend trying another NICER hotel in the area!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I've stayed at the Vineland HIE at least five times over the last few years. I was unpleasantly surprised to see how shabby it has become since my last stay. Maybe it was the difference between a single room and a "suite." Since I was traveling with family this time, I reserved a suite--a boxcar room that offered two queen beds and a hide-away. I have a queen bed at home; I can't believe the beds in the suite were queens. Whatever the size, they were the most uncomfortable rock slabs I have ever encountered. The sofa bed was equally miserable for my adult daughter who tossed and turned for two nights. We actually left the evening of our third night to return home early rather than spend another night on the rack.

The carpet and upholstery were stained, which gave me a creepy feeling like the room overall was dirty. No dust balls or bugs, but not up to par. The airconditioning unit under-performed and a bare-foot search for a missing toy revealed wet carpet under the unit. A section of the "kitchen" baseboard was ripped away, leaving another impression of shabbiness that I'd never encountered in this hotel. It's way overdue for an update, and until I see that it's been recently renovated, I'll Priceline a hotel in Vineland and to heck with my Priority rewards.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2010

A spur of the moment trip brought us to Atlantic City and required that we stay overnight. Of course, during Memorial Day weekend, all hotels were booked or were over $400, for a SMOKING room.

The closest hotel around $100 was the Holiday Inn Vineland. Not only was well over an hour away from Atlantic City on country roads, but the hotel was just gross.

We were promised a suite and got a room with two queen beds, which wasn't awful. The bathroom sink kept clogging, the toilet needed to be flushed very firmly, the shower barely worked, so a friend who showered told me to not even bother!

The icing on the cake was when we received a late-checkout, yet housekeeping attempted to break into our room at 11:30am (checkout was at 11 and we were granted a 1pm checkout). Not even a knock, totally disregarding most hotels' policy regarding entering a room and ignoring the do not disturb. The only reason they didn't get into the room was because we had the latch on - whew!

While the room was clean, except for stained chairs, it wasn't worth it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I will say that the staff were friendly and nice. The rooms, however, have paper thin walls, the beds sound like they have plastic sheeting under them, the TV is small and old, the sofa bed had stained pillows and unsleepable springs, the AC did not seem to work well, and the floor was dirty and stained. We will not stay here again. Oh and yes, it was conveniently close to a burned down bowling alley.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!