I got this hotel from Priceline when I bid for the Vineland area. Based on the reviews I was pretty nervous but this place exceeded my expectations, especially for the price I paid.
First of all, the staff was EXCELLENT. The two people we dealt with at the front desk were beyond friendly. The lady working at the continental breakfast was the best. She kept everything well stocked and clean, and if we needed anything else all we had to do was ask. Another thing that impressed me was how the staff interacted with each other in front of the guests. They were friendly and professional toward each other. You don't always see this, as even in some of the nicest places I've stayed at I've seen staff complaining to each other about something or arguing.
We were given a room on the first floor with two queen beds. I believe they're in the process of renovating because it seems like the carpet was brand new. The room was clean, the bathroom was fine, no mold or mildew. Yes the shower drain was slow, but only at first. After a minute or two it worked fine. The beds were extremely comfortable and I slept great. The furniture in the room was a little worn but nothng was falling apart. It was also pretty dark and could use some brighter lighting. The only negatives were the thin walls, which is a problem everywhere lately. I could hear the people above us as well as every door in our vicinity slamming in the morning. I had the same problem at another Holiday Inn Express recently and I just don't understand why they have such loud slamming doors. It literally sounds like it's your door that's slamming.
We did use the hot tub at the pool and that was clean and relaxing as well. The "towels" there are hilarious though. They were slightly bigger than dish towels.
In summary, this place wasn't nearly as bad as most of the reviews here make it seem and I'd stay there again if in the area. If you do stay here, be sure to check out a double feature at the Delsea Drive In, just a couple minutes from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vineland/Millville, located in the heart of Vineland's business district and adjacent to the Cumberland Mall. The hotel has recently been renovated inside and out including; all new carpeting, wall & window coverings, top of the line bedding, upgraded furniture and 42" HDTV's. The Holiday Inn Express is off of exit 27, Rte 55,and is the "Official Hotel" of New Jersey Motorsports Park. It is minutes away from South Jersey Regional Medical Center, Wheaton Village, General Mills, ARC International, Siemen's, Amcor/Nipro, Cumberland County College, T-Fal, Hanover Foods, Leone Industries, Rich Products and the city of Millville's Art District. We are also south of the Philadelphia and Camden area, and just a half an hour from most Jersey shore points, Atlantic City, Wildwood, and Ocean City. The hotel features include: complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, business center, free local phone calls, fitness center, meeting room, indoor pool and spa. Our oversized parking lot offers state-of-the-art security cameras for your safety. Visit Vineland/Millville, NJ and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vineland
- Holiday Inn Vineland
- Vineland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Vineland