“What a big improvement from last stay - Will Return”

Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Arrived at hotel expecting based on past experiences cold business atmosphere. Arrived to find friendly check in, clean updated hotel with no bad odors. Room was updated and great. Will return. Room very roomy, beds comfortable, breakfast good and well stock, staff friendly and accomodating. Could not understand previous bad reviews

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nylisa2010
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Vineland

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We had concert tickets in Atlantic City to see Santana, but the casino hotels are outrageous. Vineland is an easy 1 hr. drive (+ or - depending on summer weekend traffic) to Atlantic City. Also, an easy hour drive to Philadelphia/Delaware which we also did. Hotel staff was professional and courteous and answered all our questions. Rooms were clean & breakfast was free and plentiful. There's several restaurants nearby, plus Walmart & other types of shopping nearby. There's plenty of farms in the area. We didn't have time to stop, but I recommend a stop to pick your own fresh fruit to take home. What we enjoyed most was gas prices. Practicaly $1.00 cheaper than New York City. Also, the hotel's swimming pool is heated so no need to spend 10 minutes to get used to the water.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The hotel was clean, quiet and well staffed. The breakfast was plentiful: hot waffles, eggs and sausage/bacon. Plenty of fresh fruit , yogurt and juices.

The room was lovely too. Good products supplied (Neutrogena) and makeup mirror also appreciated. They have a fitness room and outdoor pool. Will definitely return

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank czechmateNewYork
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I had high hopes for this hotel, and overall it is acceptable, I got a good rate, and it was convenient to my work. The room was clean and comfortable, although the pillows are too firm. The staff was friendly and helpful. The third floor smells like it used to be a smoking floor, but the room smelled OK. The breakfast is about average for this type of hotel - standard continental with an omelet and bacon/sausage upgrade. There is a "spa" (looks like a whirlpool) that was never open. My major complaint is that I had three items to report to maintenance that were never fixed. I did not even get a call from the manager or from maintenance to tell me why they didn't or couldn't fix the problems. The most annoying was that the light on the night stand did not work, and the clock radio had not been changed to daylight savings time. I reported this in writing at the front desk the first morning I was there, where I was assured that it would be given to the maintenance man as soon as he arrived. I found in the afternoon that nothing had been done. I again reported it at the front desk, where the staff entered the request into the computer. Next day, still nothing. This in spite of the fact that the room has a sign on the desk indicating that the management is dedicated to making you "extremely satisfied" so you can report same on the survey you will be receiving, and they want to make things right before you leave. Needless to say, they will not be getting an "extremely satisfied" rating from me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Growing up in this neck of the woods, I knew my choices for a hotel in the area were limited when I decided to visit and not stay with family. The Wingate is a fairly new hotel (looks like a Hampton Inn is going up next door) next to the Ramada Inn on Landis Ave. The lobby and breakfast area were spacious. The elevators were small. The hallways on our floor looked stained from dirty cleaning cart wheels trekking over them every day. The room was big with a comfy king-sized bed. It was quiet. The one major complaint was that there was a B.O. smell the whole time--from the minute we opened the door to our room on the first day to when we checked out. You could smell it in the bathroom too. I don't know if it was coming from the A/C (the HVAC did nothing to remove the smell) or another room but was definitely the biggest impression the hotel made on us.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The hallway carpets are filthy and the complimentary breakfast was staffed by only one person on the weekend. Food was always running out and people were waiting around for it to be replenished. Hopefully the next time we have to be in this area there will be some new hotels to choose from.
The staff was nice but apparently have no control over what the owner chooses to do or not to do.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Our room was immaculate every day! The front desk staff was courteous and helpful including the manager who personally fixed our air conditioner. We will stay at the Wingate every time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhileman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Quality Inn & Suites Millville

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Vineland? Share your experiences!