“Horrible customer service”

Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I had a two night stay at this hotel last week. The hotel itself was fine, room was clean which is always important. Bedside lamp did not work. The breakfast was microwaved and poor by the usual Wingate standards.
However this is not our complaint with our stay. Our 2nd night we had a storm and the hotel lost power. We had no AC all night and it was HOT, no shower, no breakfast and they charged full price for this, in fact they charged more than we were quoted on the phone when booking. Of course they did not give an invoice. The manager was not available to speak to and we were told he would call us back. He did not call back and when we again tried to get to him the receptionist said she would give us his voicemail but she then cut us off. Tried calling back and now the phone line is constantly busy (off the hook?)
We always try to stay at Wingate by Wyndham hotels as we like them a lot. We are now in the process of speaking to Corporate about this situation. I am also disputing the charge through Amex. This customer service has been appalling and I've noticed the manager likes to respond to good reviews yet he does not respond to a customer with a concern. Our contract with the hotel included ac, shower, breakfast, internet. We got none of this, obviously it was beyond their control ( and they had no backup generators) but we should not have to pay the price for this.

So if you want to have contact with this manager say only good things.....

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Netski11

Hello,

We deeply apologize for the fact that we lost our power due to a severe storm on your second night with us. The entire area was without power for several days. In fact, there are many people that are still without power. We fortunantly received power back 13 hours later. Our team members were working under very difficult conditions. Most of them did not have power themselves. I apologize if it seemed that we were uncaring. In fact, I assure you it's the exact opposite. I certaintly understand how you feel, however, it was a very difficult time for everyone. I wish you would have a chance to stay with us again under different conditions. I'm sure you would feel differently.

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Locked out (card readers not working)
Air conditioners not working
Terrible service (no manager on site)
After tracking down a manager wich was like pooling teeth. He said he would take care of my issues to no avail and was never seen or herd from again. Now it in corporates hands. Would rather sleep in a car.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MnR2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for your honesty!

We strive each and everyday to improve every aspect of our hotel. We will certainly act on each item you mentioned. Please be reassured what you experienced is NOT what we are about here at the Wingate Vineland NJ. I welcome the chance to have you as our guest again.

Mark

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed with my family for a one night stay for a local family wedding. Very new feeling property, staff basically helpful. Beds were very comfortable with a decent continental breakfast with additional eggs, etc.

Only one complaint....Requested a non-smoking room...and was assigned one upon check-in. However, when we entered the room it smelled like smoke. When I call the front desk they said they were completely booked and could not give me another room. The manager offered to febreze the room, but we declined since it was late and thought it would not help.

All in all a nice property, and worth a second chance, even considering the smoking issue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We look forward to having another chance to make up for the quality of the guest room. Feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Wingate during for my wedding. The staff especially Stephanie (front desk) where awesome!! The hotel was clean, the breakfast was yummy and they allowed me to have a late check out!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!! Did I mention the rates were great also!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank Autumn T

Hello,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback. I will be sure to let my team member know of your kind words. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The front desk clerks were very helpful. They even allowed me to check out late. Decent breakfast. Easy to find.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lockpak
WingateVineland, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vineland, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Hello,

Thank you very much for the great comment. We really do appreciate the time you took to talk about us like you did. We look forward to having to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Nothing to complain. It is typical Hampton grade and the price is right. There is a whirlpool and outdoor pool. Plenty of parking space surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
WingateVineland, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vineland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Hello,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel and your recent stay with us. It's feed back such as your's that bring positive awareness to our hotel and Vineland NJ. We look forward to you staying with us agin.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here at least twice now while visiting our family & friends all around the area.
The Front Desk Staff are outstanding and most helpful and the morning breakfast servers are most helpful as well. The rooms are wonderful, (maybe not the newest)quiet and comfortable.
They are clean and the House Service people were always there to help as well and cleaned up for us whenever we needed them to. We would highly recommend the Wingate to anyone looking for quiet, peaceful, safe and comfortable beds for a good nights rest. The Staff at the Front Desk are very helpful with recommendations if you are not familiar with the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you!

"Wonderful Staff - Wonderful Place" That just about say's it all!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
0 mi away
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Vineland? Share your experiences!