“Great Food but crowded”

Esposito's Maplewood III
Reserve with OpenTable
Esposito's Maplewood III is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Vineland
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an Italian Seafood restaurant, family owed, serving the Vineland Cumberland County are for over 30 years.
Cape Coral
“Great Food but crowded”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is a great place with good food, but it does get very crowded.
If you can get past the wait to get a table, it is well worth it.

Visited October 2011

New Jersey
“RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL HOSTESS”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was told there was a 1 hour wait..which is fine..I completely understand....b/c its a Saturday....however, while I was discussing the wait time with my family...the unclassy hostess, said "You can eat your chocolates while you wait," ???? I had a Godiva bag with me...in it I had hid a gift for my husband which I was going to give him when he arrived....Thanks to her unclassy and straight up rude comment ...I simple said "no thank you" and walked out of the restaurant... Thanks to her stupid comment and tone of voice. The restaurant lost 4 customers.....I will never go back there.....

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank solanor22
New Jersey
“Why are we waiting so long for dinner?”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Visited Maplewood last night for dinner and really enjoyed the food overall. We didn't enjoy waiting for a long time for it. We arrived about 5:20pm and were asked to wait about 20-25minutes at the bar area and so we did. We were seated about 6pm at a smallish table for the 4 of us. The bread and dip were delicious and our dinners were too except for the green beans I ordered. The waitress didn't mention that they come smothered in a garlic teriyaki sauce and something else. Would have been nice to know about how they come BEFORE I ordered them. We waited an extremely long time for our dinners and noticed that the people seated after us were served before us. We were on our way home at 7:36pm. Even for a really great restaurant, I am not happy to wait - it is just not worth it.
We also visited on a Sunday night evening in February and experience the same LONG wait for dinner.

• Visited March 2012
Southern New Jersey
“Average at Best”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We moved to the area and heard how great this place was so we tried it the weekend after Valentines day. The wait is horrible, the bar serves second rate alcohol, and the entire place is in desperate need of a make over.
After a two hour wait we were taken to our table where we could hear every conversation from all the tables in the room. Your packed in here folks, no other way to put it. I felt bad for the servers it's difficult for them to carry food trays in such a crowed space.
My wife tried Chicken Escarole soup, the Filet, Baked Potato and String Beans I had the Lobster Bisque, the Fried Seafood Combination, Baked Potato and String Beans. My wife loved her dinner. I was not impressed with mine. The Lobster Bisque was good, all four spoon fulls of it. The Seafood Combination was a large piece of flounder, a few scallops, two shrimp and the worlds smallest crab cake. The crab cake was mostly filler, the flounder was good but everything tasted as though it sat in oil for ten minutes after it was done. The string beans were exellent.
The mens room featured a thin, cheap plastic toliet seat, rusty vents and was wore out. This place does not warrant a second try, dont waste your money. The crab cakes are far better at Larrys accross town.

• Visited February 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“THINGS USED TO BE BETTER”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The Maplewood used to be our favorite place to go but the "taste" has changed. The portions have decreased and the wait staff seem a little stressed.

We have been going to the Maplewood for approx. 10 years. There wasnt a better place around that could beat them, but in recent years the quality of the food went from scrumptious to ok. The olive oil dip for the bread is the most drastic change. I can not define what the differance is but they cut back somewhere. We mostly have seafood when we order and we always order stuffed mushrooms but the portions have been cut almost by half and we are feeling kind of ripped off now. The lobster bisque is still the same though and it is still DELICIOUS! We only go there now when invited by someone because we will not pay for lesser food or service then we used to get.

Visited February 2012