“Awesome Steakhouse”

Ranked #30 of 147 Restaurants in Vineland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Hidden inside the Ramada Inn, Vineland, NJ is a gem of a restaurant, Dakota Prime Steakhouse and Sushi Restaurant. I can only speak for the steaks. Each time I go I find myself impressed by the 5 Star Restaurant steaks and the delicious sides. Located just off exit 32 on Route 55, this hidden gem never fails to amaze. The beautifully designed restaurant with an intimate atmosphere is a must go for anyone who loves good food. Take a small group or just that special someone, you won't be disappointed. Note: Prices are representative of an excellent Steakhouse.

RamadaVinelandGM, Public Relations Manager at Dakota Prime Steak House and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear: Timothy R,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience about our Dakota Prime Steak House and Sushi Bar located at our Ramada Vineland NJ. We are very happy to hear that you really do enjoy our steaks. We take pride in exceeding our customer's expectations by providing quality steaks and service. Our focus is our customers we know you have many options, we are not about prices but service.

Public Relations

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

I spent an hour and a half at Dakota prime last night waiting for dinner. In the entire time i was there I was only served a drink and half of my appetizer order. Another couple was there when I got there I also witnessed them send their dinner back because it was cold and they hadn't received their appetizers yet either.
I've eaten at Dakota several times and the food is good but the last two times within the last two months the service has been terrible.
Even the service at the bar next door is sub par and on one occasion last month when the bar was less than half full it took an extremely long time to place my order.
The manager did offer to buy my drinks after expressing my displeasure during the last two visits but I wasn't interested in getting something for nothing. All I wanted was reasonable service.

Dear: Jromerjr,
I would like to apologize for our shortcomings during your experience at our Dakota Prime Steak House and Sushi Bar. We thank you for your feedback, it's customers like you that allows us to grow. Since your last visit we have made several changes not only with our food options but mainly our service. We have had some changes with our staff members and management teams. We have really focused on our overall customer service experience. We hope you will visit us next time you are in our area.

Public Relations

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Our recent visit to Dakota Prime Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in the Ramada Inn of Vineland, New Jersey was indeed disappointing. In fact, there's something disconcerting about being the only table in a restaurant. That was clearly a harbinger for evening.

The service was below average at best. After being greeted by a most amiable host, we were seated at what appeared to be one of the more preferred tables in the empty restaurant. Easy questions about the menu were met with unrest by our inarticulate and unknowledgeable server.

Our salad was nothing more than iceberg lettuce covered in bottled dressing. On a bright note or bread was warm and delicious – the inside was soft and hot and the crust was golden brown and enjoyable. Our chicken dish consisted of two breasts which lacked flavor and fresh ingredients. Or filet was ordered medium, and came out well done. For a steakhouse this is unacceptable. Although the meet was indeed a good quality, the manner in which it was prepared took away from our enjoyment and the value for our hard-earned dollar. Equally disappointing was the expensive macaroni and cheese side dish which was served lukewarm at best. The description of the dish on the menu was nothing like that which was served. Our vegetable medly and fresh baked potato were the highlight of our meal.

Unfortunately, we wanted to enjoy our experience as we have heard many good things about this restaurant, however, we cannot recommend it based on our experience. If you find your stuffs staying at the remodel in Vineland, select Harris pub which is right next-door to Dakota prime. The menu is more diverse, more reasonably priced, and more enjoyable.

Reviewed January 21, 2017

We recently had dinner at the Dakota Prime Steak and Sushi Bar. It has been awhile since we last had dinner there. They advised us that their menu had changed but still contained many interesting entrees. The service was impeccable! We ordered the 10 oz Sirloin, the Petite Filet, Seafood Feast and Crab Cakes. The Seafood Feast and Crab Cakes were excellent as well as the mixed vegetables that came with the dinner. Unfortunately the two steak items failed to meet expectations. The Filet was not made to order whihc was medium. Instead it was more medium well. As for the sirloin, it was requested to be medium rare but was received medium well to well done. The steak was very tough and not very good. Other than the 2 steak entrees we enjoyed a very pleasant evening there.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Nice restaurant in an unlikely place.....came for lunch at Harry's Pub.......didn't expect it to be as good as it was! Would recommend eating here any time!