“Ok”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Ok”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed one night. This was our 2nd time at this hotel. 1st time was amazing! This time, not so much. Pink mold on shower walls. Lots of little black hairs all over the tub. Gross. Slimy soap scum on soap holder in tub. Little hole in ceiling above shower. Tub plug did not work so my kids couldn't take a bath. 1st time we went staff was so friendly. This time staff could care less. Didn't tell us anything about the pool, breakfast, nothing. Not friendly at check in. Two years ago this place was totally flawless from staff, check in and room. This year, don't know what happened. New management?? Also over charged for room. Receipt and paper I signed stated $136.85. My visa statement says $157.38. They NEVER said anything about some extra charge to me at all. My receipt upon check out says my visa will be charged $136.85 not $157.38!! I don't know if we're coming back here. I am going to look elsewhere because we come down to Vineland NJ once a year. What a disappointment from 2 years ago.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Behtah1220
mark l, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello valued guest!

Let me first start by saying we apologize for the experience on your recent stay. None of what you experienced should have happened. We are an amazing hotel with amazing team members. Please allow us another chance to show you just that. We look forward to having you as a guest once again.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hamptons are pretty much my go-to when I’m traveling because the chain is a ridiculously good value within the hotel industry. They meet all of the Hampton Inn standards you’d expect – clean room, comfortable bed, fully stocked breakfast – so I find it’s often difficult to find things to comment on with these reviews.

Good stuff: Coffee was fresh in the lobby. Lots of parking. Quick check in, considering I got there at the same time as a soccer team. Bennigan’s located out front.

Bad stuff: I never find bad stuff, so I have to seriously dig to find anything wrong. Here it is: I went down for a coffee at about 2030 hrs, and while there was a fresh pot on, they were out of coffee cups. I had to turn my head at a 45 degree angle and ask the front desk for more, which took an extra 30 seconds to get my drink. Oh the humanity!

Seriously though – you can’t go wrong at a Hampton Inn. I’ve never had a bad stay at one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hootbag
mark l, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
thank you very much for your wonderful compliments. I really found your humor quit entertaining. Next time you stay with us I hope you have an equally dificult time finding something wrong. Good luck!

New Egypt, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn on a Saturday night in July because our "usual" place in Vineland (the Wingate next door) was fully booked. The hotel seems to be brand new. It is a spotlessly clean and well maintained facility, even if the decor is the usual generic corporate style. Our Queen suite room was spacious and nicely furnished., The beds were heavenly! The only minor quibble I have is that the free breakfast is not very good, which is kind of typical for these types of places. But we really come to Vineland for the drive-in movie around the corner, and the hotel is merely a place for us to flop afterwards, instead of making that long drive home in the middle of the night. So for our purposes, it is nice enough, definately above average in furnishings and cleanliness, and we were very satisfied with the value (we had a nice AAA discount). Thanks for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

Vineland is home to one of a few drive in theaters left in the country. It is historic and rich with old town charm. Our hotel is brand new and gorgious! Pretty good combination if you ask me. We look forward to your return and thank you!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Everthing is new looking, carpets look good. I found the Staff to be helpful and friendly, especially Constance and Autumn. The rooms are spacious, with microwave and fridge.
very nice hotel and would stay there again

Room Tip: all rooms seem to great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello special guest!

Thank you for your very nice compliment on your recent stay. We really do love having you! I will make sure I share your comments with my team.

Oswego, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days--the staff could not have been nicer right from the cleaning staff to the manager--and they could not do enough for us-the hotel was one of the cleanist I have been in.-would go to Vineland again just to stay at the hotel--it was a vacation in itself.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen suite and it was huge and the air condition worked great--as the temperatures w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
"BEST HOTEL EVER!"

Kinda says it all doesn't it! Come see for yourself!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Hampton Inn is the perfect hotel for business. Staff is very kind and at your disposal every time. The rooms are clean and confortable. For breakfast you'll have at your disposal a good and various self service, sweet and salt. For business discussions there are confortable areas, pc , desk, wifi ecc like in your office . I'd like to be back at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank for commenting on how great our hotel is for business. In addition to catering to the business traveler we also have outstanding amenities that the leisure guest can really enjoy. Please visit our website to find out more.

Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Very new and up to date. We stayed here for 1 night using our Hilton honors points. Our room was a suite located on the 5th floor (top floor)..... perfect for my husband and our three children. However, the room temperature was warm (as would be expected on the top floor). The room size is LARGE (size of two rooms) and should contain two air-conditioning units, but only had one. I am assuming that this the new design of all Hampton Inns now. Years ago, we stayed in another suite at a different location (older design) and there was an actual wall separating the two rooms in the suite (thus having two AC units). I can see the new design as being beneficial with one open room, but we were never able to get the room temperature down to a comfortable level. In the middle of June, with very high temps outside!! My husband set the thermostat down to 60 (the lowest it would go). But the thermostat did not show the actual room temp... just what it was set to... wasn't till the next morning that we felt cool enough. More of a hotel design issue. If you're going to have all the suites on the upper level, then you should have two AC units per room. Otherwise, the suites should be on the lower levels where the heat is not as intense. The pool seemed to be overrun with a possible family reunion... very busy. The downstairs hallway leading to the pool area was always wet and very scary to walk on (even though a caution sign was placed, appropriately so!) My boys loved the outdoor putting area located right next to the indoor pool. The breakfast area and lobby is beautiful... nice selection of food. Omelets and ham... waffles, fresh fruit, etc. Overall, I would recommend this hotel. You can't beat Hampton Inn quality! Just wish we were able to beat the heat during our stay! :-)

Room Tip: During the Summer months, as for a lower level room if you're picky about temps.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you!

We appreciate your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We will certainly take your suggestion with regards to the AC unit and look into it. Otherwise, I'm so happy your stay with us was outstanding. We look forward to having you stay witb us again.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ramada Vineland Millville Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland? Share your experiences!