“Seafood Awesomeness!”
Review of Fish & Fancy

Fish & Fancy
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Villas
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are dubbed the local's favorite for fresh impeccable seafood takeout . you will get the best available seafood for the lowest price possible. we have been in our locations for over 25 years and only getting better !
Reviewed September 4, 2012

What is not to like about this local favorite. Great seafood cooked to perfection at agreat price! Venture off the island to Villas, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went here for take out on a recent visit to the shore. They have a nice menu with great prices. The place is spotless and everything is prepared when you order. You can take out or dine on the little patio that is attached to the building. Give this place a try if you want fresh cooked to order seafood at the jersey shore.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Found this one with the locals help. Best ever seafood and with prices so afforable

1  Thank JoAnnfromsouthjersey
Reviewed May 15, 2012

awsome cream of crab soup. seafood prices look good. always friendly people.

1  Thank justal0cal
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Fish and Fancy is primarily a take out seafood restaurant. They do have a small cement patio with a covered roof. Basic plastic chairs and tables are provided. There is no view or ambiance, so it's not a place to impress.
Their menu is huge - Cod, Flounder, Grouper, Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Deviled crab and Deviled Clam. Platters are available fried or broiled.
They also have a munchie menu - chicken tenders, fries, mushrooms, onion rings, Broccoli Bites, ect.
In August I had Baltimore Crab Cake's . Two good sized cakes. Sweet crab ( claw ? ) with very little flller. The spices did not over power the delicate meat, and the filler did not crowd out the crab. Thank god, green pepper was not added to the recipe. That is a crab cake killer !
O.K., maybe you have to be a crab afficano to know what I'm talking about. But I've seen what some restaurants do to crab cakes and crab imperial, and it should be illegal.
These were not the best crab cakes I've had, but they were very, very good.
I also enjoyed the fresh creamed cabbage and golden french fries. A small roll is included, but no butter. I'm sure there is some in the kitchen, just ask. Maybe they will get the message.
On my second visit, I enjoyed flounder stuffed with Baltimore crab. Fresh fish, again crab was very good. My little test was a baked potato. Many places bake them and they sit out 6 hours or so- becoming rancid and brown. This baked potato was fine, again, not the best I've had, but a good flavor. I was asked and recieved sour cream, but again no butter ? Strange.
A cod fish cake on the side was basically tasteless- I discerned no fish taste or meat. Maybe they waved a fish over the batter.
I've tried their Cream of Crab soup. Not terrible, more like disappointing. Maybe the New England clam will be better, one of my personal favorites.
If you want good seafood platters for about 10:00 dollars and up to take home, or maybe a picnic lunch at a local park, you won't go wrong with the quality or price.

1  Thank Clammerdave7728