“decent place for dining in very touristic place” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Mixing Bowl
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“decent place for dining in very touristic place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

went there for lunch and it was very busy but service was efficient and friendly anyway. which is huge plus for the ski resort area.
food is really average, ordinary diner fare. burger was decent, tuna melt was eatable, fried chicken was too greasy.
chicken noodle soup wasn't good at all though :(
they have really good variety of pancakes. so I guess it's really a breakfast place. I regret we couldn't take more than 2 pancakes :)
cinnamon banana pancake wasn't impressive, but cranberry nuts one we all really liked.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NYC_photography

Orlando
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Tough to find a good breakfast restaurant, let alone this little gem! Every time I'm in the area I make a point to stop at the mixing bowl restaurant......the Chef Owner "Kenny" makes the best pancakes I have ever had!

1 Thank bluewhite22
warwick, new york
“Eggs&muffians without the Clown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you're tired of paying for your meal before you eat it, sitting in a plastic seat or not having a table cloth while eating microwave corporate food then this is the place to go. They have real food at reasonable prices.Nicely decorated old fashioned breakfast spot. Stay for lunch and get a burger that doesn't have a Mc in front of its name.

• Visited April 2013
Vernon, New Jersey
“AWESOME cinnamon pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This establishment is a cute little breakfast joint. I go here with my boyfriend and my girlfriend every once in awhile. The prices aren't expensive. You get a lot for what you pay. The cinnamon pancakes are my favorite! I get them every time I go. The next day I end up craving them again. The service is good and I always end up going back.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“LOVE IT! Can't Wait to Take The Family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Mixing Bowl is nothing short of adorable. The food is delicious and the service is fast. PERFECT for families. It's an old farm home that has been converted into a restaurant. Nothing fancy, but incredibly charming. The breakfast my friends and I had was terrific. I can't wait to take my husband and kids!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Brittny817

Been to The Mixing Bowl? Share your experiences!