“Only get Pizza”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Pizza is pretty good. However, every other meal is just average. It's not cheap either. Stick to the brick oven pizza and you can't go wrong.

There are newer reviews for Smokey's Brick Oven Tavern

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Most people I've talked to think Smokey's is over priced for the food you receive. The service seems to be inconsistent. My salad was good, but had a high price even though it did not have any meat in it. The other people I went with were not happy with the value of their food either. Although they enjoyed their burgers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We hadnt been to Smokeys in over a year and the quality of food and service has gone downhill. The garganzola salad was awful. Sour apples, stale cheese and over priced. The pizza was OK. but not worth 10.50 for a personal pizza. The waitress was rude and slow the whole meal forgetting our rolls and then messing up our checks (and blaming it on us). Ended up being charged three times for the meal so paying 96 dollars for a meal. Will not go again and have been telling others not to either.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Smokey's Brick Oven Tavern provides a pleasant alternative to the many traditional pizzerias in the Vernon area. The tavern has a diverse menu that is complimented by tasty food. The environment is clean and tastefully decorated. Smokey's is a nice place to get something to eat & drink after an exhausting day on the slopes. Since the pizzas are cooked in a brick oven, there is a bit more of a wait then your average pizzeria pizza. However, the pizza's thin crust, mild sauce, and hot bubbling cheese made it worth it. Keep in mind that prices are a little higher then your average restaurant, but given the remote location and lack of competition it is understandable.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm from the NYC-NJ area where there's a million great pizza joints. This is probably #2 on my list now for best pizza. This place was recommended to us to have their pizza only (apparently everything else for entrees isn't good). Definitely did not disappoint. Also ordered a salad and calamari which my wife and I both shared. Calamari was really good and the salad fresh. Will definitely be going back for more pizza when I'm in the area. We had an excellent attentive waiter and the prices are reasonable.