1,600 results
All reviewskites restaurantluxury roomoutdoor poolsteam roomcrystal springselements spafamily resorttennis courtsgreat weekendfitness centerhorseback ridingcrystal tavernpoolsamenitiestubsfireplacenorman
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The Minerals Resort has one great advantage - the pools are enough to keep my young children entertained for hours! However, the service is so bad that I will definitely not return nor will I recommend it to anyone. We booked a condo on the phone, but when we arrived we found that the furnishings were of a far lower standard that those suggested by the pictures on their website. When we arrived at the restaurant for dinner at 8, there were only about 4 tables of guests and yet we were kept waiting for 20 min for a table. Reception and member services staff were not friendly at all. Very disappointing for a "luxury" resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MumsAndDads
GCLManager, Public Relations Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

Dear MumsAndDads,

Thank you for your recent stay at Minerals. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our amenities such as the pools and resort-planned family activities. We are sorry you were not pleased with the condo accomodations, the condos are handled through a third party management company, not the Resort and we have passed along your feedback to them so they may address.

Thank you for your review and comments about Kites service, we are currently restructuring and your feedback will be very helpful. Please know we are constantly working towards improving the resort on all levels and will make sure your comments are addressed and improved upon. We hope you visit us again and believe you will find the accomodations at our othe properties exceed your expectations.

Best,

Crystal Springs Resort Management Team

Reviewed September 9, 2010

I had been researching for a while for a place for me and my girlfriends to get away and relax. When I came across this resort, I found it hard to argue with. When we arrived, we went to the spa and received the massages we had anxiously been awaiting. They were magnificent, the service from the front desk at the spa, to the massage themselves is wonderful and first class. The check in period was also very nice, although we arrived early, they allowed us to store our bags and enjoy the great indoor pool and snack bar. Our room was great, with a magnificent view of the garden and the comforters, beds and pillows were super comfortable and everything was clean. We had dinner at Kites Restaurant and the food was just ok, we had hoped for a little better. Room service was great and very affordable! The staff was very nice and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2010

**My Standard Disclaimer: I am not a snob who demands everything be five-star all of the time. I am not a cheapskate who refuses to pay for anything decent and then complains about the quality of the service and facilities. I am an ordinary person who only asks that my room is clean and the service and amenities offered by the hotel are consistent with the cost. I write my impressions of my stay and the value of it.**

Minerals has a lot going for it. I have stayed there several times and have had some nice visits, but there are some problems with it.

The location is beautiful. One would think that a resort as overdeveloped as Crystal Springs would be ruined by the constant construction of new condos and developments, but the view of the mountains remain surprisingly intact and unobstructed.

Pool and gym are great. It's one of the biggest hotel gyms I have ever seen and also the biggest indoor pool. Granted, it's almost always filled with kids, but if you're a morning lap swimmer, you will find space to really swim. Just don't go late at night when the kids come out in full force.

Also, don't think that there are actually "7" pools. There is one large indoor pool. There is one large outdoor pool (and it's FREEZING COLD). The indoor pool has a cool cave with a waterfall and another waterfall that falls into a small pool below it. The outdoor pool has a cliff jump. There is also a long, skinny pool behind the main outdoor pool. I'm not sure what its purpose was (lap pool?) but guests' room decks look right out onto it from a few feet away, so no one swims in it because they would feel too self-conscious. The other "pools" consist of two jacuzzis (indoors) and the "catch pool" mentioned earlier for the waterfall in the indoor pool. There is also a tiny, very cold plunge pool that I assume is meant for people using the sauna. It's about 3' in diameter, so I'm not sure how it qualifies as a pool.

Most of the restaurants at the resorts are at Grand Cascades and not at Minerals. Minerals is home to a juice bar and Kites. I have only ever had breakfast at Kites. The buffet is adequate (unchanging selection scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, standard breakfast breads, cold cereal, fuirt, and standard breakfast pastries) and included in the buffet price are eggs and omlets cooked to order and fresh waffles. Service is not great. I was there this past weekend and while the restaurant wasn't close to full, the staff was just scattered everywhere. It took a few minutes for us to be seated. Once we were seated, we never had a server come and take coffee or juice orders or fill water glasses. We got our food from the buffet. Someone came over and asked if anyone had visited our table yet. We said no and then our water glasses were filled. We knew we weren't getting juice or coffee. We finally just flagged down our server and asked for the bill. She was nice enough to comp our breakfast and bring us some OJ, and we appreciated that they made the effort to remedy that. However, we opted to eat breakfast elsewhere the rest of the weekend. Diners can save money and headaches by going to the Vernon Diner, the George Inn, or Granny's Pancake House. If those are too crowded, you can drive a little farther down Route 23 to the Sussex Queen diner or the Double S Diner.

The hotel is not a shining example of construction. If you're familiar with the Crystal Springs area, you will see just how quickly buildings go up on the resort. I don't think Minerals is much of an exception. Walls are thin and so are floors. Just walking in front of my TV armoire would make the doors swing open. You can hear the hollow sound of your footsteps banging on the floor. During our last stay, we requested a room change as soon as we checked in as we clearly heard a screaming baby in the room next door.

The worst was the evening. We were there for Labor Day and there was entertainment at the Tiki Bar. My husband and I had both spent very long days outside on Saturday and Sunday and were looking forward to a good night's rest. That was not to be. Saturday night there was this awful band that the Tiki Bar. It was so loud you could hear it all over the resort. Remember what I said about the shoddy construction? NO SOUNDPROOFING! Although the band only played till 11, it was so loud that no one could go to bed any earlier. I was forced to listen to this terrible band I couldn't even read. It got under my skin just that much. The next night there was a DJ. Again, I had had a long day and just wanted to relax in my room, but I was forced to hear this loud loud music. It got so hard to sit and relax that I ended up taking my pillows into the bathroom and shutting the door just for some quiet. My husband called the front desk and asked if anything could be done. They had no solution other than to transfer him to the Tiki Bar, but they weren't picking up the phone. Finally, he actually got dressed and went out there himself. He saw FIVE people sitting at that bar. The DJ was blasting this music ot FIVE people and making everyone else at the resort hear it. To their credit, they did get the DJ to stop playing (although I didn't want him to stop, just stop blasting it to everyone in the hotel).

This was the first time I ever spent an extended weekend at this hotel. Most of the time I am only stopping there for one night. It is fine for a night. You will get a comfortable room, a swim, a workout, and a nice view. I'm not sure I will have any more extended trips here again. I will certainly avoid any "party weekends" like Labor Day.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Taz_maniac70

Dear Taz_maniac70,

Thank you for your recent stay and thorough review. We appreciate all of our customer feedback so that we may incorporate it into our operations to continually improve our guests' experiences with us.

We are happy you enjoyed the location, views, pools and fitness facilities. We try to offer our guests top notch amenities and on site activities throughout their stay. We are sorry about your experience at Kites but glad that our team addressed and remedied the situation. We are currently addressing soundproofing issues arising from the outdoor noise. Holiday weekends are certainly more lively due to guest requests for events, parties, etc. We hope to welcoming you back again.

Natasha

Reviewed August 28, 2010

we expected a low key relaxing stay but there was one small thing after another that made our stay less than what we expected. We arrived to a packed, child filled pool woth no towels or chairs available. We decided to get drinks and the bartender ignored us for several minutes before taking our order. We decided to go in the hot tub before dinner and there were several children in diapers in the tub although it was posted that no one under the age of 12 should be in there. No one came by to ask the parents of these children to remove them. I find it disgusting to have children in diapers in a hot tub. We went to dinner at Kites and sat for 20 minutes without anyone ackowledging us being there. We finally asked someone to take our drink order. This wasn't a problem since we weren't in a rush but several minutes later we heard the table next to us ask the same thing. Later in the evening I called the front desk to get a wine bottle opener and I was told I had to go to the front desk to pick it up. At $300 a night I think this is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Our experience wasn't horrible but I would never pay that kind of money for nothing again. We could have gone to a hotel in NYC for the same price and much better service and experience. The place left such a bad taste in our mouths we cancelled our spa appts. for Sunday and just went home. It's HIGHLY overpriced, i really expected so much more for that price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosieRose11
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have stayed at this resort more than a dozen times as i have family and friends that own there. Usually we change in the room but this time we decided to use the locker rooms . After spending a couple of hours at the pools we decided to head back to the lockers to get changed.
Needless to say i was shocked when one of my male guests came out of the mens locker room to tell me that many of the items in his LOCKED locker were stolen. This included his cell phone, sneakers, shorts and money. They did leave his backpack there. I immediately went to the front desk to report this to them and asked them to call the police. They were surprised that i wanted to call the police but did for it for me. They arranged for ME to go to the police station.
Before i left i asked to speak to the manager on duty. I was told there was NO manager on duty and maybe try the desk located downstairs near the gym. I immediately went down there to be greeted by 2 female employees who were surprised that i was sent to them as there was NO manager down there. I proceeded to tell them what happened and they did say there was another gentleman that had the locker key for that shift. When speaking with him he was very nice and accommodating. I asked him to please go check that particular locker again to make sure it was indeed the right locker and how they broke into it since being a woman i could not enter the mens locker room. He checked it with my son and the boy that had the items stolen. He came and reported to me that the locker was not broken into but that it was just one of the lockers that does not work. He proceeded to tell me that there are MANY lockers that are broken like that. The other two female employees said that they were also aware of that and the fact that there are many broken lockers and thefts in they would not even use the lockers themselves. I stated that a simple "broken" note on them would inform the guests that they were indeed broken and not use them. It would of been that simple.
We then proceeded to the police department where they were not surprised at all that this happened. They suggested we head back to the resort as there must be a manager to discuss this with. So i headed back to the resort again. This time to the front desk. I again inquired about ANY manager that could help me. They again stated there was none.
I then proceeded back downstairs to find the gentleman employee to thank him and the female employees and inform them to contact the police if they find any of the belongings. They were very nice and agreed and he did tell us that around the time this happened he did notice a group of teenage boys hanging in the locker room but has not seen them since.
The next morning i contacted the resort to speak to a manager. I was put into the extension of the woman that i was directed to and left a message. I waited two days and she never called me back. On the third day i called the resort again and spoke to the manager who again told me i had to speak to this woman. Funny thing is the manager also told me that she spoke with her directly about this and she is fully aware of the situation and she knows that i would like to speak to her. She also told me that the woman WAS there the afternoon this happened. She has never tried to contact me to date.
I would never stay there again and cannot believe that a Hotel and Spa would handle this in such a manner. Obviously if the locker was physically broken into the resort could not prevent the theft but this could of been easily prevented by a note on the locker or repair of the lock itself. There is no regard for the loss of $310 worth of items of a guest of an owner in the resort or that the teenager had to leave with no shoes, dry clothes, phone or cash. Ironically two different guests came up to me before i left and told me they overheard what was happening and was shocked by how it was being handled!
I am sharing this with everyone because i do not want this to happen to you too. What should be a nice time at the resort turned into a nightmare!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family