“Had a wonderful and relaxing weekend”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
NYNY
“Had a wonderful and relaxing weekend”
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I had a wonderful time at Crystal Springs. I went for one weekend with 24 other women. We were going away for a relaxing mommy getaway. We all made appointments for spa treatments and afterwards we relaxed by the pool. Everything was wonderful!! The spa is exceptional, and I have been to some spas in NYC that charge much more and are not as accomodating. The staff was helpful, especially with the size of our party. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. We had a king size bed and a sleeper sofa, enough for 4 of us to sleep. Everything was very clean. A couple of things to know when you get there:

1. The food at Kites was good. However the appetizer portions are TINY!!! For the money, they should give you more.
2. The beds were a little uncomfortable.
3. Do not waste your money on "body treatments". They scrub you, rinse you off, and wipe cream on you. Not worth the money. The theraputic massages and the facials are glorious and worth the money. I wish I would have gotten a second massage and not gotten the body treatment.

All in all I had an excellent time. We are planning on going back next year and making this mommy weekend an annual event!!!

PS I have no idea why people are saying this place is not kid friendly. I saw many kids there having a wonderful time and everyone was extremely accomodating to families. I would bring my daughter in a heartbeat!!!

• Liked — The spa and the pool
  • Disliked — The restaurant portions
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank lbdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
denver
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I just just returned from a bachelorette weekend at the Minerals Hotel. The hotel is magnificent and I have never indulged myself and felt so satisfied with everytyhing, from the food, to the gym, to the
pool, to the spa.....all the staff members were sweet and accomodating (I needed a new room key almost twice a day).

The rooms all had fireplaces and balconies, it was a very peaceful retreat.

The pool is lovely, you can swim to/from the out door pool to the indoor pool!

The Elements Spa is out of this world. Try the hot stone massage!!

And if you want to really spoil yourself, check out the wine cellar at Crystal Spring Country Club. Set up a tour to view the impressive collection. The food was better than amazing. Be careful, the wine and food are so delicious you will find yourself not being able to stop. Plan ahead and assign a sober driver ;)

• Liked — the numerous options for activities
  • Disliked — I wish there were steam rooms and saunas in the locker rooms
1 Thank crawfoan
new york
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I went for the weekend to the minerals hotel with a bunch of my girlfriends. There is so much to do! We went hiking and swimming and had incredible messages. We also went to the wine cellar for dinner. I have never seen anything like this! The atmosphere and food were equally amazing!

• Liked — Everyone was so nice. It was so relaxing and fun.
1 Thank janieod
New York
Reviewed April 26, 2007

My five girlfriends and I picked Mineral's Spa to celebrate our 40th birthdays. Overall, the experience at the spa and hotel facility was great. We started off on the wrong foot because the first condo they checked us into smelled horrible...like cigarette smoke. It took about an hour to find us a more suitable condo but they obliged us by providing a few free drinks at the bar. The second condo was very clean and comfortable and perfect for our group. Dinner that evening was just ok and a bit over-priced if you ask me. The bar-scene on Friday was very quiet. On Saturday wE enjoyed the gym, pools and jacuzzis as well as pampering at the spa and found all of those to be top-notch. The nightlift on Saturday was much more livelier because of the band and crowd. There is a very good mix of people, and service was friendly and we felt taken care of. We would definitely go back to this resort.

2 Thank JoanellenJ
Union, NJ
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We have just completed our 2nd offiste strategic meeting at the Minerals Hotel. This is our second of many more meetings we planned to conduct and we will hold them at this place.

The place is very condusive for meetings since the facilities are well equiped with the things we need. Aside from the Boardrooms, the sports facilities are fantastic. After a long day of meetings, it truly helped unwind at the indoor pool. The hotel serves great food and awesome atmosphere. The morning excercise the gyms is a great way to start your day. It was an overall positive and amazing experience.

I would definitely recommedn this hotel to all my friends. Two times in a row, everyone in my group has a very positive experience in this place.

• Liked — service and sports facility/ swimm pool
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank caamical
New Jersey
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My husband, myself and our 6 year old son spent the past weekend at Minerals Hotel and had a wonderful time. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and wanted to find somewhere that my son could celebrate with us. We loved the pool, especially the outdoor pool at night. For a six year old, thats extra fun..We all enjoyed watching the movie "Happy Feet" in the pool too. It was just a wonderful weekend together and perfect for couples and families as well. We live very close by, in West Milford, NJ, and have already decided to return again..
Keep up the good work! What a wonderful addition to Vernon, and the nearby towns.
Marianne and Robert Stillman
Hewitt, New Jersey

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank still06
New York
Reviewed April 1, 2007

My stay at the mineral hotel crystal springs was marvellous.
Everything was exellent: the service, the room, the food, I mean everything.
I was there for 6 days (for work), an I enjoyed every minute in that place.
My advise: great place to go with sweetheart.
I`ll definitely be back.

• Liked — SERVICES
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank NewYorkLabs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!