Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,892 results
All reviews kites restaurant sports club luxury room steam room outdoor pool basketball court crystal springs elements spa great weekend wedding weekend mountain creek fitness center horseback riding crystal tavern pools tennis tubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went with my family for Martin Luther King weekend. We stayed for two nights at the Minerals Hotel. I want to praise the staff because they were all incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was ready right away and the resort was very clean. I didn’t know prior to going that they had basketball courts and you can check out a basketball under your room number but you can also bring your own. The hotel has lots of fun activities for kids: balloon twisting, paint your own piggy bank, movie night, free pony rides, s’mores by the fire pit ($10 per bag), animal educators, laser tag games ($10 per person), magic show, etc. Also, it’s right by mountain creek so the location is great for winter activities. The rooms do need a little bit of updating, there are no mini fridges and no drawers to put clothes in other than the closet with a few hangers. My main and major complaint was the pool area. It was beautiful and the outdoor jacuzzi was amazing. However, it was freezing. Since the jacuzzi has an opening to go from the inside to the outside, there is a constant draft inside the indoor pool area. It’s all enclosed with glass and because it snowed you could feel water dripping from the ceiling. The pool water is not hot enough to make it comfortable so we were shivering the entire time. We were only comfortable in the outdoor jacuzzi because the water was hot but my kids could not reach the bottom and I had to hold them the whole time were in it. And once we got out of the pool we were extremely cold. Instead of looking forward to relaxing by the pool, I was actually dreading it because I knew my kids wanted to go regardless. Also, the setup does not make sense. To access the pool, you have to go through the lobby which is FREEZING because the sliding doors are constantly opening. So going to the pool is bad enough but coming out all wet into the cold lobby is torture. I feel like this resort would probably have been better in the summer time but I was very disappointed with the pool area. I would have given it more stars if it wasn’t for this because I was looking to spend way more time in the pool and had to cut it short both days because it was so incredibly uncomfortable. I would probably try it again in the summer but never in the winter.

Trip type: Traveled with family
crystalspringssussex, Guest Relations Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Skylavy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I would like to discuss this further, would you mind reaching out to me directly? My email is nsisco@csresort.com I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We (family of three - 2 adult, 7 yr. Old) booked a luxury corner suite for 2 nights. The room was lovely. It had a king bed, fireplace, sleeper sofa, and kitchenette. We got to experience the outdoor hot pool while it was snowing, which was quite a treat! Our daughter loved the indoor pool as well, especially viewing the underwater aquarium and hiding in the cave. We took the shuttle to snow tubing at mountain creek on our first day. We didnt have to wait very long on our to or from trip. We also took part in dinner and a show at the lodge and saw the mentalist - very entertaining! Lastly we tried goat yoga. We enjoyed our stay so much that we inquired into extending an extra night. Vinny from management helped us do that even though it was an extremely busy weekend. Our daughter was thrilled and so were we :) Advice to anyone staying here would be to book things like activities, spa treatments, and reservations a week or 2 in advance as these things fill up. If you cant get a reservation anywhere- highly recommend the George Inn for dinner!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Sjmenzano,
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay so much to extend it another night :) Hope to see you and your family again soon!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pump with Nancy, Wendy and Betty are the best. They are fun, upbeat and motivating. Love Tabata boot camp with Barbara on Tuesdays and Butt and Gut too. Great music and great for all levels! I would recommend checking out a class.

Trip type: Traveled solo

c2329SGkristinw,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so thrilled that you are enjoying our fitness classes :) Here's to a happy and healthy 2020!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I am a faithful member of minerals. For the first 1 and a half, I only took Zumba. I danced so it just made sense. One weekend,I was restless in the morning and decided to try a few high intensity classes and never turned back. I loved them. I logged them into my fitness app and saw the calories burned and was instantly inspired. I set a stretch goal to lose 20 lbs and freaking did. I start at 7:30 in Saturdays with spin and stay all the way until 11:30 taking class after class and it is AWESOME! Then repeat Sunday. I can’t always go during the week but it’s still impactful. I am burning a to of calories and having fun doing it!
It’s all because of Nancy. She is a fitness beast! Her endurance and energy is insane and inspiring. I place myself right in front of her to stay inspired and keep from slacking off and she never disappoints. She’s like a fitness energizer bunny lol.
Then to dial up the fun sometimes there are special engagement events where everyone will wear the same color, meet up early for coffee or they have raffle prizes.
30 lbs lost later.....I am hooked. Taking Nancy’s classes have literally changed my life! I have before and after pics to prove it.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

jetaunc2020,
Thank you for writing a 5 star review! We are thrilled that you enjoy taking classes with Nancy and that you chose the Minerals Sports Club to help you with your fitness journey. Here is to a happy and healthy 2020 :)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I joined the sports club a little over 2 years ago. My husband was already a member using the weight room and playing basketball. I was skeptical about joining because I have had memberships to other gyms in the past, paying but not attending. I came to an open house and took the Zumba class in the big gym with Peggy. instantly I remembered how much I love to dance. Her energy and spirit was everything I missed about dancing throughout my childhood. I used all of my husbands guest passes to take the class every week then bit the bullet and joined (only because of Peggys class). It’s so much fun. I would literally only come on Saturdays for that class. She makes it so much fun. So fun, that I have celebrated birthdays in class. When Peggy found out of my bday plan, she created a play list of my favorite routines, I invited friends local and from my hometown over 50 mls away and got coordinated outfits. The day of was everything I wanted it to be. We took loads of pics, turned up at the tiki bar, then had girl talk in the hot tub. It was a blast :).

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Crocker2015,
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review :) We are so glad you decided to join 2 years and here's to many more years!