“perfect family reunion”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed March 30, 2007

We have a family gathering around thanksgiving every year,and like most familys as we contiued to grow our homes could no longer hold all of our members. We tried several different locations like resturants, halls and even a theme park,but ultimately the venue that was choosen wasnt right for everyone. Two years ago we made arrangements to stay at MINERALS HOTEL in Vernon NJ , and what had started several years ago as a simple family get together has turned into a reunion-minivaction thanks to the staff who helped with all the arrangements, the very comfortable rooms,and the many activitys for every member of my family, which happens to be over sixty that stayed at the hotel. The meal we had was delicous, the service from check-in to the time we left was first rate ,and the fun we had, especially the kids, makes it an easy choice to go back to Minerals a third time! I`d like to add that my personal favorite thing at the hotel was the outdoor heated pool and the indoor tennis courts.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank mountaincreep
Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed March 25, 2007

My boyfriend & I needed a weekend away from NYC for some R&R but were not interested in flying anywhere. A friend of ours suggested driving to Vernon, NY for a weekend stay at Minerals Spa & Hotel, we are so happy we did.
Minerals is a wonderful place to spend your weekend whether it is to ski, horseback ride, play golf, racquet ball, basketball, work out at the gym, relax by the pool or just get away to do nothing. Minerals has it all!
The staff was delightful, brunch, lunch or dinner at their bar/restaurant, Kites, was better than expected and a massage for two at Elements Spa was the perfect way to end the weekend.
I am looking forward to spending more time this summer at Minerals when I head back to Crystal Springs for a golf weekend.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bepper529
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My husband and I were looking for a nice relaxing place to go to for a weekend that would not be too far away from our daughter and we found this great place. The hotel had everything you could ask for,a wonderful heated indoor and outdoor pool, a restaurant with a friendly staff and great food, a spa and great views. It was just what we needed. The spa was beautiful and we can't wait to go back for more! Even the entertainment at the restaurant was great. We had such a wonderful time. There are many things to do near by, from skiing to shopping. It was just what we needed before our new baby arrives.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy R
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My husband and I and another couple went for primarily a restful, rejuvenating experience at the end of winter. We spent long days by the pool, swimming indoors and outdoors in the warm water. In between swims, we soaked in the hot tub, breathed in the steam room, and took in the sauna. The exercise room and the indoor track were also very good. I had an excellent massage in the beautiful Elements spa. We ate most of our meals at the on-site restaurant, Kites, and the food was delicious. What a wonderful place for a quick getaway.

2  Thank purplekate
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
We have stayed in this resort a few times, always enjoyed all the activities. My son can ski all day in and out of the resort, my husband and daughter enjoy the basketball court and swimming, and I like the spa and relaxing. Everyone has fun.
A perfect spot for families or friends that enjoy a variety of things to do.

3  Thank resources
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Spent a wonderful weekend at Minerals. Loved the heated outside pool! What a view! The staff was excellent... the room well appointed. The food at the restaurant (Kites) is superb... enjoy!

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank pmc_home
Reviewed March 11, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at Minerals for a long weekend of skiing but spent as much time in the hotel as we did on the mountain. The gym is modern, comprehensive and emaculate. The indoor pool is large and the heated outdoor pool (entered from inside) with it's steam rising into the winter night was the coolest experiance and romantic to boot. The hot tubs were blissfull after a day on the slopes and our massages at the spa ended our stay nicely. There is a ski lift 100 yards from the front door but you can't see it so it doesn't ruin the secluded feel of the place but it's there if you want to ski to or from your room. The Luxury room was huge, clean and very comfortable. The fireplace kept it toasty, and it cooled of quickly by opening the sliding door to the balcony.
Skiing, snow tubing down the block, horsback riding across the street and golf around every corner - you'll find something to do outside too.
Lastly, the staff was so helpful I felt like I was getting away with something the entire time. Every time I asked for something expecting to pay extra for the service, I was given what I needed and then some. Internet use, late checkout, restaurant suggestions and reservations, wine glasses from the restaurant all seemed to come with my stay. I was treated as if I owned the place.
STAY HERE!!! You wont regret it!

2  Thank Avigoes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 6 in Milford
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!