“Best Part of Condo: NO bugs!!”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
east coast
“Best Part of Condo: NO bugs!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Seriously, the condo was so dirty and dilapidated, I was thrilled not to find any roaches or ants. They must spray more than they clean. Oh where to start with this "resort".
CONDO: we rented a 2 bdrm. condo through a timeshare. Arrived after dark and could barely find the unit b/c all of the lights were out on the dark brown buildings and the numbers are so faded, they blend into the background.
After traipsing up and down and up and down more steep steps, we finally found our destination and wished we hadn't. The place is really in a state of disrepair. Doorknob to entrance is barely attached to door, the overpowering smell hits you in the face as you enter. It was so bad, we thought it was a gas leak and called maintenance. (also to replace the lightbulbs that were broken or missing) Maintenance declared all clear, a little too quickly I thought but we survived so the odor must have come from something else yet undiscovered.
Bathroom was filthy. They actually painted touch ups around the pictures on the walls and mirrors. The towels have seen better days (like in the 80's) Shower curtain had mold on it, toilet plunger covered in some unimaginable filth was next to the toilet. Just gross, gross gross. Dirt is just so ground in, it will never come out. No one takes any pride in this place. Paint drippings from the "touch Up" just dried where ever they landed.
Kitchen was usuable at best, the dishwasher was clean but the dryer had dead spiders in it. Eww. Couch and mattresses desperately need to be replaced. Blinds were missing pieces and drafts were coming through windows. Pilows were so flat, it was a joke. Loft Room upstairs was hot while downstairs was cold. Door knobs fell off closet doors. (I can't make this stuff up)! The mattresses were ripped as were the blankets that also had funk on them.
When we saw the outside staircase in the light I thought it is a matter of months before it collapses. Nails are popping out, wood is chipping and cracking. Hazardous.

Residents live along side vacationers, our lovely neighbor allowed her dog to relieve itself all week right on the sidewalk that our toddler and son had to walk on to get to our little corner of heaven! Real classy place.
I could go on and on about how bad it was and I have not even touched on the "resort".

Game room obviously still has the same broken change machine and foos ball table that have been there for years. They had a clown and family bingo activity but they changed the times around so much, we ended up missing them. The lockers in the changing room had to be opened by staff constantly b/c they were not working properly. It was really just a hassle.
One good spot: My 6 yr old loved the pool. I thought it could have been warmer but who am I to complain? :}
Bottom line: No, I would never go back and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Skiing was good, but alas not affiliated with this place. :(

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank tropicanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
new york
Reviewed February 15, 2010

positivly the worst hotel experience ever. the rooms are shabby. the pools are old and dirty looking. but the worst thing is the people. seems all the staff chew gum, have big hair, have disdain for the guests or just sem to care less. my feeling was also if you seem a little more manhattan class or refinement the workers seem to dislike you more.

the guests were pretty bad too. loud noises all night. plenty of beer guzzling and tattoos at the pool.

this makes vermont look like st. moritz.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ellen444
New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2010

First let me start by saying I am originally a New Yorker, work in Manhattan, dine out constantly, and well traveled. This was our 2nd trip...pricey pricey for what you get!! Hotels lay out not easy with little ones...my biggest peeve is the pools, honestly gross to say the least, they have not been updated since the 70s, everything is corroded, beware with little little ones, pool equipment area left open all weekend, I dont think they ever clean walls of the pool, mold everywhere, the cave appears to be collapsing, the best is after checking in you must walk through the pool are to get to all of the rooms so you are overcome by the smell of chlorine constantly. The whole pool area is in need of a complete overhaul, I smiled and dealt with becuase my 8 year old was in heaven. Make SURE TO BRING FLIP FLOPS (YUCK), and towels. The rooms, musty to say the least, stained carpets, and the worst most uncomfortable beds and pillows you will ever sleep on, Blankets with holes in them....The resort falls short on everything! Kites resturant, booked dinner a month prior, when first calling the young man answering couldnt understand why I wanted to reserve a month ahead, with knowledge of how busy they are Pres Weekend, the mgr told him to do it, at arrival they had no record of our reservations, the manager squeezed us in for a sub par dinner...$150 for a family of 4 (kids 8 &11), 1 glass of wine, nothing at all to brag about, the waiter appeared to have just walked off of the set of Jersey Shore, the manager snapping and chewing her gum through the whole conversation!! Dine off property, drive into Warwick, some great pubs and resturants closer to 4 star quality and closer to less than $100 for all four with cocktails! One positive thing, the spa was lovely, new, modern they spent a lot of money and the massage I had was wonderful. Location is good for skiing at Mt. Creek, free shuttle ease with kids. Look for deals if you are forced to stay here, the kids love the indoor basketball courts, and the yucky pools! Beware room service, 18% understood, but an addl $5 delivery charge????

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank jjmn31
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate your comments, although this week is the busiest week all year round, we try our best to be on top of everything. We receive constant rave reviews on our facility and amenities, we are sorry it didn't all appeal to you. However we are in the midst of revamping our bed linens with toppers/down pillows and a look/feel comparable to that of a 4 star resort. We hope you will give us another trip, since your kids loved it.

Maryland
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I have only one complaint. It is regarding being culturally sensitive. I checked in on the evening of January 23rd. The agent and I were discussing the policy on charging for incidentals and the use of a debit card. She further explained to me "..you guys might get rowdy and break a television or something." I was really offended- not because of the policy, which I know is standard across the hotel industry, but it was her tone, her delivery of the information, and her choice of words. Whether or not it was her intention be insenstive, I perceived it as such. In this day and age, communication skills are so important. Other than that, we enjoyed the quality of the room, the ambiance, and the food at Kites restaurant. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. I received a message shortly after I checked in, inquiring if everything was alright. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank dgirldst
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your business.

We apologize profusely on the wording of the security deposit, it was not her intention to offend, it was a poor choice of words, and it will be addressed.

We are VERY happy that you are looking forward to a return stay and that despite that hiccup, you didn't want to leave.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon,
New York
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We are frequent visitors to Minerals Hotel and this time we celebrated New Year's. There was a New Year's Eve party that was incredible. It was as spectacular as a wedding, only better. The staff worked really hard to make sure everyone was catered to. There were different events for kids and teens. Everyone had a great time. A special thanks to Kim, who magically manages to keep her guests happy while keeping everything running smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to have my next special event there. After all the partying, I had a relaxing massage at the Spa, my husband worked out at the Fitness Center and my son found a pick-up basketball game and then went swimming with his new friends. We can't wait to come back..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara034
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review!

We are so happy you rang in the New Year with us!
It was a wonderful opening to the new year.

We look forward to your return and we thank you for your loyalty,

Best,
home
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Great Place to relax The room service was great. The desk people helpful & friendly.
The rooms clean and heat was great with all the comforts you could want

• Stayed January 2010
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review~!

We have it decorating our employee board for all to see and enjoy!

We look forward to your return visit.

Best,

New York City
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Recently to Minerals for a weekend ski trip and had a fantastic time. The shuttle to and from the base of the mountain was so convenient but the best part of the weekend bar none was relaxing in the outdoor heated pools after a long day on the slopes - especially cool when it started snowing! Can't wait for a return trip next month!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Dear Great Ski Getaway guests!

Thank you so much for your review!

We will be sharing it with the staff.

Happy New Year.

Hope to see you soon

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!