Minerals Hotel
  • Pool
$99
$93
$110
Sleep Inn & Suites(Middletown)
$124
$107
SleepInn
$103
$116
$112
Agoda.com
1,555 results
All reviewskites restaurantluxury roomoutdoor poolsteam roomsports clubelements spagreat weekendtennis courtswedding weekendmountain creekfitness centermineral springshorseback ridingcrystal tavernpoolsmineralsamenities
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband, my 2 tween daughters had a lovely time. The room was clean and well maintained, housekeeping was prompt and efficient. The grounds were simply amazing, and the pools were more fun than you can imagine. My children had a better time here than at the "famous" water-park down the road.

Most of the staff is young (high school/ college) but we found them to be friendly and sincere. The only issue was at the Tiki bar. We were served hot dogs that were both waterlogged and burned (pretty tasteless) and a soft pretzel that was burned; They heat them using the grill and the grill flared up. I actually say the cook trying to take the burned part off. My daughter asked for a new pretzel and the young cashier rolled his eyes, but put the order in for her. These are young people working unsupervised but they need to be taught "if you wouldn't eat it, don't serve it" If the equipment is faulty, management has to figure out a new procedure.
well I didn't mean to go on about that for so long, we enjoyed our trip very much, we just didn't eat at the Tiki Bar after the first time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We appreciate and value all guests' comments, as we learn what our guests expect, this puts on the path of improvement.

We look forward to your future visit.

Management

Reviewed August 21, 2009

My sister and I went to Mineral Springs. From the moment we got there, the attitude of the front desk was unacceptable, not friendly at all. Their website does not match their services. The information in the room was not even correct, indicating live entertainment when there was none. DO NOT GO TO THE KITES RESTAURANT. The staff there are just ignorant. We were told we could not have reservations until 9 pm, however when we got there at 8:30, the restaurant was half empty and we still sat at the bar. Finally, when we asked to be seated early since no one else was there, we were completely ignored until we said something (after the table next to us who was seated after us had food) We did not even have a menu!!!!!! The food was not even that good. Also beware, they charge you more on your bill if you use a debit card and its a battle to get the money back. Nasty people, overpriced and definately would not go back if they paid me!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank twosisters2
Reviewed August 20, 2009

was on a golf package problem was that the first round on the package was on a golf course that was under construction we could only play 9 holes,so i drove 4 hours to only play 9 holes on the premier course and was told that they would deduct the green fee from the package cost ($327) but have to charge me the full price of the room,when i told them that if they would have told me before i drove up that the course was under construction or even told me in the pro shop before i teed off or even at the starters position that only half the golf course is playable I would have decided that i did not want to stay there under those conditions ,had they told prior to my departure i would not have even left my home and would not have incurred any room expense,since my golf package incentive was bogus i felt that they should have deducted the face value of the entire golf portion from my stay--$220 and only charge me the the discounted nightly rate $100, the manager said that the hotel didn't screw anything up that the golf people screwed up so i would have to pay the full single night rate of $228,so we packed our stuff up and left the place and drove 4 hours back home on the same day...The staff is extremely unprofessional and poorly trained,they don't measure up to the exterior elegance of the hotel,the heart of the operation (the people) are totally inept.....additional little things would have been overlooked,ie the bell hop lost our golf clubs for an hour,when they finally found them a bellman brought them to the pro shop and physically handed them to us and told us to carry them ourselves thru the shop out to the cart area and find a cart and load the bags ourselves...real class huh? additionaly when the controversy occurred the manager promised to have a solution within 15 minutes and would call me in my room, one hour later i finally called her back and was told i would still be paying the full price, when i asked to speak to the head manager that person told me that i had been adequaitly compensated and that now, at 5pm, she could get me on a golf course,what a dummy of course i could get on a course at 5pm nobody tees off at 5pm because it takes almost 4hrs to play a round of golf,clueless....never going back to this place!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pa_Golfdog
Reviewed August 17, 2009

For about the last 20 years, we have owned 4 weeks of Marriott timeshares. Although we know that many resorts are not nearly as nice or well equipped as Marriotts, that hasn’t stopped us from exchanging into others. However, we have NEVER stayed in one that was as ill-equipped as The Minerals Resort, nor one as unconcerned with responding to maintenance / housekeeping requests as they are!
This review pertains to the condominium-type units only. I’m not sure how many types of time-share units they have, but we had a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo. I would STRONGLY recommend that you find out exactly what your unit would be like before you go there!
We arrived LATE at night, and were told how to find the building where we were to stay. We found the building without a problem, but it took more than a half hour for us AND A SECURITY GUARD (who we had to call) to locate #7! (We had to borrow one of the residents’ phones, since our cell phone had no reception.) The light outside the door had a burned out bulb, and the neighborhood itself was very dark. When we FINALLY located our door, we saw that the (small) number was corroded metal, and virtually invisible on the siding!
There were NO parking places available in our assigned lot, but the security guard let us park in a lot nearby. This was VERY INCONVENIENT!!!
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH STAIRS, DON’T EVER STAY THERE!!! There were 10 steps down to the sidewalk, then a walk of about 40 yards, followed by 9 more steps up to our deck. Once inside, there were 14 more steps up to the master bedroom! Since you are basically in a condominium complex, rather than a hotel-type building, there were NO luggage carts for us to use. Since we had driven there, and planned to stay a week, I had packed liberally, and we both almost had heart attacks from carrying LOTS of luggage and vacation paraphernalia up all of those steps!!!
If we go to a “drive-to” resort, I take most of our clothes on hangers, hung in the back of the van. Then, when we get to the resort, we just transfer them to the rack on the luggage cart, wheel them into the unit, and hang them in a closet, immediately. It usually works like a charm! Given the configuration of this place, along with the lack of carts, it turned out to be a BAD idea. The problem got worse when we climbed the 14 steps to the master bedroom, and found that THERE WAS NO PLACE TO HANG CLOTHES!!!! The bedroom is a loft, with a sloped ceiling. Down at the base of the slope, there were two closets, about 3 feet high, and neither had a clothes bar in it! It became the place where we stashed the empty suitcases, but was USELESS for clothes! We had to hang all of those items in one of the downstairs bedrooms. NOT CONVENIENT IF YOU WERE DRESSING UPSTAIRS AND HADN’T THOUGHT TO BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES WITH YOU!!! Also not convenient if the downstairs bedrooms are occupied by other people! There were only 3 small drawers under a TV in each bedroom.
The master bedroom had a whirlpool tub, separate shower, and small enclosure for the toilet. UNFORTUNATELY, THE DESIGNER DIDN’T ALLOW ENOUGH SPACE FOR A PERSON’S KNEES WHEN USING THE TOILET!!! I AM 5’8” AND COULDN’T CLOSE THE DOOR! BIZARRE!!!
On our first day, we had to request more teaspoons. We only had one. They brought them quickly. (None of them matched, not that that was important…) Then I saw that the non-stick surface of the only frying pan had been mostly scraped off (a health hazard) and one of the coffee mugs had PAINT RESIDUE in it (looked like someone’s child had used it for arts and crafts). They brought replacements after 2 days.
One missing TV remote control was replaced quickly.
The light switch at the base of the 14 steps didn’t work, and, not wanting to walk up all of those steps in the dark every night, we reported it. It took FIVE DAYS and at least 5 calls for a maintenance person to respond. When he finished his work (we had left the condo) we found that the ceiling fan light over the bed had been wired in such a way that you could NOT use the fan without the light being on! Not good if you wanted to sleep while using the fan! Even after the light worked, it still didn’t illuminate the stairway.
When I broke a small bottle, I looked in the utility closet for a broom. There wasn’t one. There was a “Dustbuster-on-a stick”, but IT DIDN’T WORK EITHER! We had to borrow a broom from one of the residents to clean up the glass. I reported it that morning, (Wednesday) but when we checked out (Friday) they had still not replaced it.
There is apparently no mid-week linen exchange.
The bedspread in the master bedroom was stained, as was the blanket.
There were 8 different “light” switches that didn’t work.
The door frame around the front door appeared to have been kicked in previously, and had been repaired in such a way that a good hip-bump could have easily caused the door to spring open. It didn’t make us feel very secure!
At least 3 of the ugly, wooden window shades didn’t have “wands” anymore, so they couldn’t be opened.
You didn’t have to complete an inventory when you moved in, and it was obvious when we found the lack of spoons, as well as the pots which had once been there. There were 7 lids for 4 pots. We only had 4 wine glasses and 4 juice glasses. Not enough for a 3 bedroom unit!
The ironing board was the tiny, tabletop kind that you’d see in a school dorm room!
There was only one phone in the unit, which was downstairs on the wall by the kitchen. It’s a LONG jog down the 14 stairs if someone calls while you’re upstairs in the loft!
Cell phone reception can be spotty or impossible at times.
There is no access to the internet in these units.
A late check out will cost you $100…no exceptions!
On a positive note, the exercise room and pool complex were impressive.
Although your first impression might be that you could use the facilities at the nearby Crystal Springs Resort, you can’t.
There is VERY little to do in the surrounding area if you’re not a golfer or skier. We DID discover an old fashioned drive-in movie theater in Warwick, NY. (The Warwick Drive In). Worth the 20 minute drive.
Because this is a residential condo community, you don’t get a “vacation atmosphere”. This was especially true for us when our next door neighbor decided to BLOW THE LEAVES OFF THE ENTIRE DECK SURROUNDING HIS UNIT AND OURS AT 6:30 a.m.! He was oblivious to the fact that we were on vacation and MIGHT want to “sleep in”!
We would never return to this resort!!! You should think twice about it, too!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JerseyGirl419
MineralsResort, Hotel Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Dear Timeshare guests,

We profusely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at the Timeshare resort.

We have forwarded this posting to the Timeshare Manager to address.

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all reviews.

If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to contact the Timeshare office at the resort.

Management

Reviewed August 16, 2009

stayed Nov 2008 for company function wanted to pay cash they took credit card up front when i went to leave paid cash for room and 1 month later saw charge on my card when i called to tell them they made a mistake they basically hung up multiple times i will never go back

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business