“A Most Enjoyable Short Term Vacation”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My family and I had a great few days here at Minerals Resort. There are many pools (indoor and out) with different activities for young but mostly adult /older aged children to keep them occupied. I called it an adult indoor / outdoor water park without slides. There are other activities to pass the time away right in the hotel. There is also horseback riding across the street from the resort and Mt. Creek Water Park 1/2 mile down the road. We ventured to both. There is plenty of golfing in the area and on the property if you are into that, and skiing in the winter of course. The staff here was nothing but courteous and very helpful to us. We stayed in the Deluxe Room w/ 2 queen sized beds; this is their smallest room but yet roomy enough for us. The room was very clean each and everyday and well maintained. My only recommendation at this point would be to repaint the pool surfaces because they are starting to not look the cleanest.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank NJpuppylove
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2009

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience/details of your stay.

We aim to please everyone, and we're happy that your stay was most enjoyable.

We look forward to your return visit.

Many thanks again,

Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We were looking for a quiet weekend away. This was not even close. We pull in at 11PM on Friday to club music blaring from the outdoor by the front entrance. When we go to check in, our room is not yet set-up, despite that we had called ahead for crib. We went to our room--which felt like a room at a Motel 6--and had to switch because of the party next door coupled with paper thin walls. After switching out of our next room, and finally getting a crib around 11:45PM, we went to sleep. The rest of the weekend was more of the same frustration, populated with rude, unhelpful and grumbling staff. Total disaster, and feel completely misled by the marketing. Bottom line is that it is fine if you have a large family and don't expect much in the way of service and just want a bed to sleep in and a pool to swim in, but otherwise, would not recommend this place. Certainly won't be coming back.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank mgordon43
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2009

Dear Family Gordon,

We apologize that the resort was not what you expected. We do have music to entertain our guests on the weekends, we apologize that this was not to your liking.
We supply cribs upon the guest check in, in case they prefer a different view/location we are up for moving them, which is why we wait.
Very sorry you didn't approach us during your two night stay, and even more sorry that you don't plan on coming back. We pride ourselves on our repeat business, families come here for the amenities and the summer is our outdoor/happy/ party time.
Our rooms are only 6 years old, the decor is very tasteful, not sure why you would do that comparison.

Thank you for your review, we value all comments and will pass it on to all the staff.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

My 10 year old daughter slipped on old wooden steps, the wood was inbedded under her toe nail and had to have her big toe nail removed at the ER. The property at Minerals Springs is run down and dangerous. No one there will return my phone calls regarding the ER bill and additional medical treatment needed.
The photos of the property on the website are misleading.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank landmark007
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family and I have visited this resort several times each year for the last five years, Each summer my collegues and I have a "girls' get-away" at this hotel. Each visit has been a relaxing, enjoyable experience for many reasons. The staff is welcoming and accommodating. The room we get is the "deluxe" room, and is large enough that four grown women can share it with room to spare. It has a balcony, fireplace, at least one television, refrigerator, microwave, and a pull-out couch. Our favorite spot is the aquatic area. It has a large outdoor pool with a cave and a cliff, for those who choose to jump in, a well-heated outdoor pool, an indoor pool with a grotto, two jacuzzis, a cold pool, a cool pool with a waterfall, a steam room, and a sauna. There is a large locker room as well. Amazingly, this area is kept clean! The gym has enough equipment for a substantial workout. There is also an indoor track. This hotel is a truly relaxing, comfortable gem.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2009

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We truly appreciate reading all the nice things you said and how you enjoy our facility.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

I approached my mom's 75th birthday celebration at Minerals with trepidation, having read the negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I could not have been more suprised! The place is beautiful, clean, well-run, and a great deal of fun. Twenty members of our family, ranging from age 75 (the Birthday Girl) to 13 stayed two nights and everyone was pleased. The service was excellent...props to John for the Friday cocktail hour, and Saad and Katie for the Saturday Dinner. Swimming, golf, touring, everyone had something to do. The food was excellent, even out at the Tiki Bar. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us, even when we requested odd items (like an extension cord).
The hotel is also a swim/sports club, so you get a lot of the NJ locals on the weekend. Never saw so many tattoos in my life, but it was entertaining. By the end of the day the pools got a bit cloudy from all the activity. A few umbrellas would have been welcome, it was hard to find shade. Towels are skimpy, the locals knew to bring their own. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, with the nice addition of a ceiling fan; the teenagers got their own suites, which were very nice, incuded an efficiency kitchen, and remote control fireplace! So don't listen to the negative reviews!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2009

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We are all extremely happy that we fulfilled your requests and that you enjoyed our resort.

We look forward to your return and that of all your family!
Have a great summer!

Reviewed July 27, 2009

I went there with a friend for a weekday getaway. We had the spa package and it wasn't worth the money. All I know I wasted valuable money in this place. The front desk agent didn't make the right keys in the first place then she said to come back later and with an unfriendly attitude made the second set. Also, everything closes so early (I didn't get a chance to swin in the outdoor spa pool) in this place and the food is expensive. Since the restaurant closes at 9pm we asked the front desk if there were other places that were open. She told us we could drive either right or left and there would be a restaurant. Service wasn't great but the spa was ok. Plus, there is no wifi in the room. Still very expensive. It's my first time there and I wont go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank proem00

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Our pools are opened and manned (lifeguard on duty) from 7:00 am to 11pm, we believe that gives everyone a chance to swim, enjoy the pool and even some alone time.

Our Spa is an award winning Spa, ranked in the top 30 of New Jersey.

Best,

Reviewed July 23, 2009

Minerals is a family destination, but don't be afraid to book your relaxing weekend without the kids at the resort! If you are enjoying the weekend away from the kids (or you don't have children), work with the front desk staff - they can find you a private room in a quite area of the hotel.

Our trip to Minerals was a suprise trip for my husband. Grand Cascades (Minerals' sister property) was hosting its first Beer & Food Festival (wonderful, too, btw). We live 50 min. away, but I didn't want either of us driving after enjoying the alcoholic samplings. Because of price, we booked our overnight stay at Minerals and not the more adult Grand Cascades.

I am a corporate meeting planner and we've used both Minerals and Grand Cascades numerous times for corporate meetings during the week. Because of this, I didn't really realize how family friendly Minerals is on the weekends; during the week it is more quiet. So I didn't think to speak with the front desk about my desires for the weekend and we were reserving the room at a discounted rate that applied to Beer Fest attendees so I didn't want to be picky.

I checked in to our guest room. It overlooked the area of the pool where there is a diving board type structure, a bit high up, that people can jump off of in to the pool. I love children but we don't have any and all I could hear was young femaled high pitched screams, one after another, as they jumped. Not the relaxing, romantic weekend getaway I wanted. I pictured being woken up at 7 a.m. by kids having fun. I phoned the front desk and told them my story. (I have to add that I DID NOT let them know that I'm a meeting planner in order to gain favor; I was just a private citizen.) The hotel was sold out, especially of the rooms attached to the Beer Fest package. The front desk promised to try to do something - hopefully they could get someone to switch rooms with me. They called back 10 minutes later with a suprise - they couldn't find me a new room but they didn't want my weekend ruined either. They upgraded us to a suite on the 5th floor at the very end of the hotel. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I didn't hear a peep in the hallway. We slept in. We ordered Room Service (which was very affordable - the service fee is very reasonable so if you've never done it before, do it at Minerals). We played basketball. We sat by the pool - where it was fun watching the little children screech as they jumped from the ledge. It was the wonderful, relaxing evening I had hoped for. We didn't want to leave and we're already planning our trip back.

Grand Cascades is the more adult section of the two properties and it, too, is beautiful, but Minerals has a lot of fun amenities (the gym, pool, basketball courts, a game room...) that make it a cool destination for someone not wanted to sit by the pool all day. Don't be afraid to try it with or without kids.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your awesome review!

We love to be able to balance entire families and just couples or friends looking to getaway!

We have a little bit for everyone to enjoy and we pride ourselves in being a resort that gives what the guests need.

We look forward to your return visit!

Have a great summer

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hotel Fauchere
#1 of 6 in Milford
1 mi away
Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!