“Great resort!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Bryn Mawr, PA
“Great resort!”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I approached my mom's 75th birthday celebration at Minerals with trepidation, having read the negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I could not have been more suprised! The place is beautiful, clean, well-run, and a great deal of fun. Twenty members of our family, ranging from age 75 (the Birthday Girl) to 13 stayed two nights and everyone was pleased. The service was excellent...props to John for the Friday cocktail hour, and Saad and Katie for the Saturday Dinner. Swimming, golf, touring, everyone had something to do. The food was excellent, even out at the Tiki Bar. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us, even when we requested odd items (like an extension cord).
The hotel is also a swim/sports club, so you get a lot of the NJ locals on the weekend. Never saw so many tattoos in my life, but it was entertaining. By the end of the day the pools got a bit cloudy from all the activity. A few umbrellas would have been welcome, it was hard to find shade. Towels are skimpy, the locals knew to bring their own. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, with the nice addition of a ceiling fan; the teenagers got their own suites, which were very nice, incuded an efficiency kitchen, and remote control fireplace! So don't listen to the negative reviews!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2009
Thank you for your wonderful review!

We are all extremely happy that we fulfilled your requests and that you enjoyed our resort.

We look forward to your return and that of all your family!
Have a great summer!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
ny
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I went there with a friend for a weekday getaway. We had the spa package and it wasn't worth the money. All I know I wasted valuable money in this place. The front desk agent didn't make the right keys in the first place then she said to come back later and with an unfriendly attitude made the second set. Also, everything closes so early (I didn't get a chance to swin in the outdoor spa pool) in this place and the food is expensive. Since the restaurant closes at 9pm we asked the front desk if there were other places that were open. She told us we could drive either right or left and there would be a restaurant. Service wasn't great but the spa was ok. Plus, there is no wifi in the room. Still very expensive. It's my first time there and I wont go back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank proem00
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Our pools are opened and manned (lifeguard on duty) from 7:00 am to 11pm, we believe that gives everyone a chance to swim, enjoy the pool and even some alone time.

Our Spa is an award winning Spa, ranked in the top 30 of New Jersey.

Best,
New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Minerals is a family destination, but don't be afraid to book your relaxing weekend without the kids at the resort! If you are enjoying the weekend away from the kids (or you don't have children), work with the front desk staff - they can find you a private room in a quite area of the hotel.

Our trip to Minerals was a suprise trip for my husband. Grand Cascades (Minerals' sister property) was hosting its first Beer & Food Festival (wonderful, too, btw). We live 50 min. away, but I didn't want either of us driving after enjoying the alcoholic samplings. Because of price, we booked our overnight stay at Minerals and not the more adult Grand Cascades.

I am a corporate meeting planner and we've used both Minerals and Grand Cascades numerous times for corporate meetings during the week. Because of this, I didn't really realize how family friendly Minerals is on the weekends; during the week it is more quiet. So I didn't think to speak with the front desk about my desires for the weekend and we were reserving the room at a discounted rate that applied to Beer Fest attendees so I didn't want to be picky.

I checked in to our guest room. It overlooked the area of the pool where there is a diving board type structure, a bit high up, that people can jump off of in to the pool. I love children but we don't have any and all I could hear was young femaled high pitched screams, one after another, as they jumped. Not the relaxing, romantic weekend getaway I wanted. I pictured being woken up at 7 a.m. by kids having fun. I phoned the front desk and told them my story. (I have to add that I DID NOT let them know that I'm a meeting planner in order to gain favor; I was just a private citizen.) The hotel was sold out, especially of the rooms attached to the Beer Fest package. The front desk promised to try to do something - hopefully they could get someone to switch rooms with me. They called back 10 minutes later with a suprise - they couldn't find me a new room but they didn't want my weekend ruined either. They upgraded us to a suite on the 5th floor at the very end of the hotel. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I didn't hear a peep in the hallway. We slept in. We ordered Room Service (which was very affordable - the service fee is very reasonable so if you've never done it before, do it at Minerals). We played basketball. We sat by the pool - where it was fun watching the little children screech as they jumped from the ledge. It was the wonderful, relaxing evening I had hoped for. We didn't want to leave and we're already planning our trip back.

Grand Cascades is the more adult section of the two properties and it, too, is beautiful, but Minerals has a lot of fun amenities (the gym, pool, basketball courts, a game room...) that make it a cool destination for someone not wanted to sit by the pool all day. Don't be afraid to try it with or without kids.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your awesome review!

We love to be able to balance entire families and just couples or friends looking to getaway!

We have a little bit for everyone to enjoy and we pride ourselves in being a resort that gives what the guests need.

We look forward to your return visit!

Have a great summer

Dallas
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed at the Minerals Resort and Spa for a girl’s weekend away in May. Hotel itself seems like it could use a renovation. Our room smelled moldy and mildewy. Shower curtain was growing black stuff on the inside-disgusting.

Planned hiking activities were super. Really enjoyed the Appalachian Trail hike and a guided hike on resort property. Great exercise. Best to go with guide as there are bears at that time of year

Yoga was held in what looked like an old conference room, again smelling heavily of mold and mildew. My allergies got so bad that I could not complete the class. Instructor was good though.

The new Crystal Springs Spa called Reflections at the sister property was awesome. Just opened Feb. Services were great and amenities like the free champagne foot soak with truffles were perfect. The staff was a bit uptight though and there is almost no seating in the relaxation lounge-I sat on a side table in fact.

Ate at the at Crystal Tavern. Good food but HORRIBLY pricey for a "pub like” atmosphere so don't recommend. Better to go off property as there are several great "mom and Pop" restaurants with good Italian food or breakfast.

Overall, was a great weekend but the resort just could use some fixing up!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank letstravelwithtwins
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
Thank you for your review on the resort and your stay.
We strive to improve and learn from our guests through all the reviews.
We hope to see you soon again.

nj
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We have been to Minerals a few times over the last year, generally with small kids. The hotel is OK. The pool area is nice, but is starting to show it's age and could be cleaner.
The service throught the hotel is very poor. Many young kids working who are generally oblivious to what the customer wants. The management is no where to be seen when there are problems (broken gym equipment, running out of towels for the pool, no hot water at all one day, an hour wait for a burger, etc). I agree with the earlier comment on the rude lifeguards. It is almost comical, almost. It seems like the customers are a bother to most employees there.
The spa services are nice and fairly priced. The restaurant (Kites) has been very slow sometimes, but was fine the last time we are there for dinner and lunch. The summer weekends can be over crowded. Some days they run out of lounge chairs and towels. The crowd can be a little loud and obnoxious near the bar, have seen a few interesting altercations, very entertaining.
Minerals is fine for a quick break vacation (a hotel room and a pool). Don't expect luxury or good service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank njsnowboard
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the resort and your stay. We have taken note on everything and all depts. /areas involved are reviewing it.
We strive to improve and learn from our guests through all the reviews.

If you would like to further speak about your stay, please feel free to contact us.

brooklyn, NY
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my kids for long weekend. Room smelled like you stepped into a chemical factory and staff was generally unfriendly. however, worst part is there is a thief on the staff and hotel won't even investigate or call me back. They stole nearly $600 when my wife left her wallet in the safe and the hotel staff retrieved it after we checked out. So what do they do? They ask the person who retrieved the wallet whether he took the money and when he said "no" they didn't even investigate or give me any information as to who retrieved the wallet and where it was for 2 days before they sent it back to us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank brooklynheights11
Dear Guest,

We have responded in writing and via phone to your allegations. The hotel staff followed proper procedures and returned all the items you mentioned to have lost when you called upon checkout.
Even though no hotel is liable for anything left behind by a guest, we are diligent about returning anything, but we cannot
return items that were not left behind.

Managment
Connecticut
Reviewed May 31, 2009

The Minerals Resort and Spa was a great place to celebrate our 4th Anniversary.The staff at the hotel was wonderful.Very clean an the rooms are awsome!!I paid $450.00 for the room and spa money well spent.Element Spa made me feel at home.Great job Dana!!!!!We will be back!!!Oh yeah food was great at Kites!!!

Thanks
Mr.G .Wilson

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BabyWil
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We take all of our reviews very seriously.

We truly appreciate your decision to stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best,

The Minerals Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!