“Best breakfast service ever”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Best breakfast service ever”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This week I attended a wedding at Mineral Springs which was absolutely gorgeous. On Sunday morning my family and I went to breakfast at Kites. While looking around for our server, a woman in a suit approached us and asked us if she could be of any help. We told her our server had gone missing and we wanted to order something that wasn't on the menu. She immediately asked us what we would like and went into the kitchen. Upon her return she had brought more silverware, as ours had disappeared and a beautiful bowl of fruit. A few minutes later she had returned with my food just as my 3 teenage boys came in and were at the buffet. I had asked if they could be seated at the table next to us. It was dirty, but she said she would have the table cleared and set before they were done in the buffet line. In no time she welcomed my boys to a clean table and told me her name was Robyn, The Kites Restaurant Manager. All I can say is Awesome...She was a manager that did all she could, literally, to make my stay even more fantastic. This ones a keeper!

1 Thank Marcia L
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Marcia L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Minerals Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. I will share this review with everyone, specifically with our Kites Restaurant Manager who will be happy to read it as well. We look forward to your return to our resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

"Am I cheap?" I don't know. Once in awhile, like most people, but not really. Still, I found myself asking that question to my wife after our stay at the Minerals Spa and Resort.

Let's hit the good stuff first:

- one bedroom 'suite' with fireplace, kitchenette, and pull out couch: wonderful! The room was spacious, clean, and had all the needed conveniences for a family traveling with a four year old and nine month old, like ourselves. Maybe we lucked out with quiet neighbors, but I didn't hear through the walls, like so many reviews had claimed. The hallway could get a little loud depending on who was passing by, but given that a wedding reception apparently happened at a banquet room just down the hall (and we didn't realize it until the next morning- no complaints. I will say that the noise coming from outside could be an issue. A DJ set up by the tikki bar and played until about 8pm, which we could hear loud and clear with the balcony door shut. Considering they list having a DJ Friday and Saturday nights (we were there on Sunday- Memorial day weekend) from 9pm-1am, that could be a little concerning..

- Pools/Grounds - Great.. Like I said, we were there on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend with 85 degree Sunny weather, and while crowded, the place wasn't overly packed. Yes the beach chairs were just about all taken, but even with the big outdoor non-heated pool still too cold to use, the other pools were far from being too over run with people. It was a good mix of families with kids, couples and singles.

- Service - It was the first day of the season for the outside grill by the pool, and it showed. They seemed understaffed. There's really no explanation why two wraps, and a chicken tenders meal for my daughter should take 20 minutes to be ready... The tikki bar was hit or miss. I waited at an empty bar for drinks, and I got served immediately at a crowded bar. Not sure what gives..

- Kites - the onsite restaurant was surprisingly half empty when we arrived for breakfast at 930am. They were only servicing a buffet, so I didn't get the fortune (or misfortune) of dealing with the service that many others have written about. The food was standard. At $18 per adult and my 4 year old free, it was the only time all weekend I felt something was reasonably priced.

So here's my issue - the overall cost of a stay. The room we stayed in sets you back $400+ on a weekend night. The poolside grill lunch for 3 set us back another $50+. Beers are $6. Mixed drinks up to $13 if premium liquor is used. We pre-paid for a kids' 'festival' Sunday night ($37 per adult/$15 for kid) that ended up being catered summer BBQ food, a pony ride, a face painter, a balloon artist, and some small petting zoo animals. We ordered room service, and an app with a desert cost $35 after their taxes and gratuity. Even the 'arcade', which consisted of half a dozen racing games (and a few 'prize games straight outta 1985) charged $1 per game. All in all we dropped a lot of $$$ for an experience, while enjoyable, wouldn't be something we'd regularly do at those prices at a place in upstate New Jersey. Maybe we'll return mid week, when room prices are cut in half.. and use the kitchenette to bring up our own food/drinks..

1 Thank robmm22
Dear Robmm22,

Thank you for your review in regards to your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility as a whole. Your review will be shared with all staff/areas of the hotel. We appreciate all comments and hope you do return to visit with us again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hour and a half from NY, perfect location. Me and my husband enjoy this resort very much, as well as my kids and parents. There is little bit of everything for everybody, no matter what the age is. From indoor to heated outdoor pools, basketball, tennis, game room, saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzi, spa,grilling,ridding ponies, clean hotel rooms, friendly service, you will find it hard to resist not to come back. Highly recommend couples massages.

Dear Edisa R,

Thank you so much for your kind words and are overjoyed to read about your experiences with our property and staff. We work diligently to surpass and exceed our guest's expectations and are happy that you enjoyed yourself. Our golf season is in full effect and the Mountain Creek water park is soon to follow.

We hope you return to visit with us soon.

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed May 27, 2014

There were a lot of us traveling here from CA for a Memorial Day wedding weekend. Not only did I get to see my good friend get married but we got to stay at The Minerals Resort & Spa. The grounds were lush and green. There was a lot of fun had at the swimming pool and hot tub area. All of the staff that we interacted with were very helpful, nice and professional. All in all we had a very pleasant stay and I would recommend it to anyone else who is looking into going.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and I did not find it noisy or uncomfortable. If you do have children or fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Charmaine J,

Thank you for staying with us at The Minerals Hotel and for your review on your recent stay.
We want to thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor Community and we in turn will also share it with all staff at the hotel.
We look forward to your return to Crystal Springs.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding mid-May and the entire family was underwhelmed.
Kites restaurant was slow (my server disappeared for 15 minutes AFTER I asked for the bill from the breakfast buffet). We left a credit card at the desk to charge to our room, but some how the other family members we were staying with got charged for our "stuff", and we didn't find out until after check out.This should be fun getting re-jiggered.
Our rooms were the regular hotel rooms and were underwhelming. Nothing good, nothing bad. The walls seem paper thin, and the fan didn't work in the bathroom. Also the faucet dribbled all over the counter when on slow, as it didn't extend into the sink enough.
The pool area is nice, but seems over-chlorinated. The grotto area is missing big chunks of cement in the ceiling. The entire place seems like it may need a re-hab in the near future.
I think the biggest problem we had was the lifeguards at the pool. We have two young boys and were admonished when I threw one of our boys a bit in the air in the outdoor pool. I don't think he legs left the water, and it was only us in the pool. Every other resort I've ever stayed at has had no issues with us playing like this in the pool, but our little throws got us a stern warning. It seems like the gentlemen in the hottub smoking cigars with the dozen or so mickey's of alcohol were ok, but throwing is a definite no-no. Our bad.
I don't think we will ever return. Maybe we'll try the Grand Cascades if we're ever in the area.

2 Thank Mike P
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mike P,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay. I apologize for the missed opportunities you mentioned in your review, please be assured your review will be shared with all departments.
We strive to excel with our resort amenities and customer service, we apologize we fell short.
The resort policies are set across the board within all properties to ensure guest safety. We thank you again and do hope you return to Crystal Springs Resort. We would very much enjoy to have you visit with us again.
uberfilipi
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here for Thanksgiving week. We have 3 kids and staying with family is just not easy so a place of our own was important. This was great. The pool was a HUGE win for us. Since it was cold out we used Puddle Jumper floaties for our 3yr and 1 year olds and the baby slept in his stroller for us! The warm pool was so lovely. The kids enjoyed the snow coming down while we were swimming outside - the water was very much warm enough. We found that after a week of the pool here that we had to throw out my suit, my sons suit and my daughters swim suit. There must be a lot of chemical in the water. This year when we return I will make sure we all have our cheapest swim suits! There's a family change room and the dressing rooms were nice and clean though there was no changing table in the regular change rooms just the family one.

We had a upper level 2 bedroom w/ loft unit at first but the dish washer wouldn't work so they moved us into another unit. It was a lower level unit. The dish washer was still really bad and barely ran but now we know it's to do with the amount of minerals/scale in the water there. The lower unit had a LOT more room but the upper unit was kinda more fun with the great big window.

Room Tip: Lower level condo has more room and more beds but upper level condos are lovely if you really did on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear uberfilipi,

Thank you for your recent review and stay with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the mishaps encountered. Your review will be shared with all staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to our resort.
The Minerals Hotel
Reviewed May 10, 2014

A friend and I went for an overnight visit to have a night away. I'll start with the good. The property is beautiful and it was wonderful to lay out at a pool over looking the mountains. We went to kites for lunch and the food was decent as was the service. The room was ok....it was clean but needs updating. This is where the good ends.
We made reservations at elements spa that included massage, pedicure and manicure. The spa was crazy crowded! And loud! The services we're really good but the front desk people were complete idiots! They didn't have us checked in correctly, then when it came to check out they had two new people at the desk. It was like the blind leading the blind. We asked to split our services so we could each pay for them individually, she had no idea how. She just kept smiling at us and telling us she was new and was not sure what to do, but didn't ask for help. We then said ok no worries just put half on this card and half cash, still no idea. Finally we said fine, just put all on this card and we handed her the card. Figuring easier to settle amongst ourselves later, well she charged the wrong card! Now they say it will take 7 days to reverse the charge! Where do we live that it takes 7 days...nobody knew what they were doing. We found the same thing at the front desk. They must be training all new staff for the summer because everybody says something different.
Last but not least, the walls in the room are paper thin! Do yourself a favor, don't stay here! Go to grand cascades or a totally different property!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Htramaglini
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Htramaglini,

Thank you for your recent review and stay with us. We take all guest comments under consideration no matter the circumstance, and use them as training tools to further excel in customer satisfaction. Your review will be shared with the spa staff. Rest assured the service you received is not the norm. We strive to excel in guest service and our spa is ranked in the top 30 spas in American and # 1 in New Jersey.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to our resort.
The Minerals Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!