Minerals Hotel
  • Pool
$99
$93
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,555 results
All reviewskites restaurantluxury roomoutdoor poolsteam roomsports clubelements spagreat weekendtennis courtswedding weekendfitness centermineral springshorseback ridingcrystal tavernpoolsmineralsamenitiestubs
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed at minerals for a bday spa weekend. I was very excited because ive been wanting to try out the spa for some time now. The spa was great, but the hotel is very over priced! I would expect much better accommodations for what they are charging! They charge you 5 star prices for a 3.5 star hotel. Everything is really outdated, they need a serious renovation to justfy those prices. The the restaurant kites... we ordered room service from them, we ordered wings, stuffed mushrooms and two kids mac and cheese. the mushroom wasnt stuffed but layered, but it was good, better than expected, honestly. But the wings were dry and inedible. this is what confuses me, after i made the order they called me back to see what kind of sauce (bbq, honey, etc) i wanted and how hot i wanted it, i asked for mild and bbq. The wings came drier than the desert with no sauce on it. They were so hard they cut up my poor husbands mouth. I also asked for blue cheese dipping sauce that never made its way to my room either. the kids mac and cheese was ok, they need to rethink the type of cheese they use ( it wasnt just cheddar and/or american) it didnt pair well with the pasta. It gave it a chalky consistency. for dinner i had to go to the front desk and ask for something else in the area because i want going to put my family through that again. Overall i had a great time because of the spa experience. Rooms were clean and nice, you just expect more bells and whistles. I'll probably try another hotel if we go back

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank beautifulmount
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear BeautifulMount

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay. Rest assured that we take all guest comments very seriously no matter the circumstance, and upon reading your comments it is clear we fell short of an excellent experience.

I have personally forwarded your concerns to our Restaurant Managers and the Director of Food & Beverage; your comments have given us pause to think about our existing policies, and perhaps it is time to revisit them to make sure an incident like yours is not duplicated.

If you have any other comments you wish to make known to us, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The resort tries hard to mask the outdated ambience and overlooked maintenance that is apparent everywhere. The rooms are ok but need a good cleaning and new dressers, the drawers fall out when you move them. The restaurant was like a bad comedy show. Inexperienced staff with no supervision made every meal a disaster. We were told we could only have the buffet for breakfast one morning - 15 minute wait for plates to get to a buffet with half the chafing dishes empty and never refilled. Asked for milk for cereal and was handed a gallon of milk at the table - sorry have no time use this.

Went for dinner and there were 7 tables seated with a total of 22 people in the dining room. Was told to wait for 20 minutes because the four waiters and the kitchen were overwhelmed and my party of 1 adult and 4 kids couldn't sit at one of the other 20 tables that were empty. Sat after 20 minutes and got almost non existent service after 25 minutes. Ordered four courses for myself and 4 kids meals. The incredibly professional staff dropped my salad and soup together then 40 minutes later brought the kids meals which were 2 hot dogs, a pizza and pasta with marinara. Two of them had to be returned because they were cooked wrong. Then 2 minutes later they dropped my app and entree at the same time and couldn't understand why I was asking for them to hold the entree until I finished the app. Mind you they never even picked up my salad or soup plate yet. I ended up leaving with 4 kids meals and my entree in to go containers.

The hostess tried to tell me that the service was slow because of my soup and they were timing my meal. She could barely find the hostess stand never mind have the capability to even comprehend how to time a proper meal service. The table next to me ( a couple and one child) had to ask for butter 3 times for their bread and utensils for their meal twice. The table in front of me (5 young adults) had to send 3 of their meals back to be redone because the food was cold, the french fries weren't cooked and the other plate had uncooked chicken.

The place is a disaster!!!!!!! Since there are no other choices in the resort for food and we were traveling with 8 people and another family of 4 we ate in the restaurant by default not by choice. The food is priced ridiculously high for what you get - a hanger steak in Jersey for $29.00 that is like a pice of leather. $12.00 for a glass of sterling merlot - the bottle cost $12.00 in any liquor store. It isn't the price that gets me mad it is the horrible service that went along with it. By the way, the service was so bad and they know it that they discounted every single check by at least 25% every time - it was like the standard procedure, horrible operational experience. The kitchen staff sent out some good looking food and tasted good also. But without a competent front of the house the kitchen is doomed and will always be the excuse for the problems.

Whatever you do stay away - or just go for the comedy like experience. My kids asked me if this was a "punked" show and we we being recorded. That is how bad it was.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank bilbobeg
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Billobeg,

Thank you for reaching out to us and making us aware of the experience you had at the Kites Restaurant. It is very unfortunate that you experienced these series of events and on behalf of the restaurant I am sorry. I have already taken the liberty of reaching out to our Restaurant Managers and the Director of Food & Beverage about your issues. I understand how one bad mishap can totally turn an entire stay from good to poor, and we hope we can change that for you.

Please contact the Minerals Resort & Spa and we will be happy to entertain this subject in more detail and connect you to Restaurant Management.

We look forward to hearing from you, happy New Year!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at Minerals Resort and Spa from October 17th through October 19th for my sister's wedding at Ballyowen. I was not impressed with the floor that the wedding party was put in. We were placed on the ground level area and we could hear road noise from the bridal suite. Our room was fine and it was clean.The hotel only had 1 restaurant and it was fine. Overall, the gym and spa were great. The indoor and outdoor pools were wonderful. I plan to go back again in the summer, but I would request a room on a higher floor with views of the mountain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AnonKC

Dear AnonKC,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the wonderful time you had at the wedding! I apologize that the location of the rooms were not ideal for you, we try to keep all friends and groups together, sometimes resulting in blocking for an entire floor just for that particular group. I am glad to hear however that you will be joining us again in the summer, and please let us know that you request a higher floor in a much more secluded location.

Thank you and have a happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for New Years and the staff was extremely nice. I have stayed at the Grand cascades lodge before which is beautiful and upscale and I thought that Minerals Resort would be the same, boy was that a disappointment. Our room was on the ground floor and was not very clean. The wood on the desk was chipped all over, the shades on the window didn't work properly and the screen for the window was broken. While I know we paid more because it was a holiday I felt the room was more like a 2 star motel and not worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Derp4life,

Thank you for sharing your experience here with all of us fellow travelers! Thank you for being a loyal guest to the Crystal Springs Resorts. The Minerals Resort & Spa is the first of the hotels built and operated by Crystal Springs and has the most character. While the Grand Cascades is newer, each hotel has its strong suits. Families tend to stay with us due to our many amenities and scheduled activities geared just for children, while the Grand Cascades appeals more to Romantic couples or adult getaways.

Throughout the year, we undergo continuous renovations from rug replacements to furniture updates. Not a few months ago we revamped and replaced all our entertainment and television sets to new HDTV LCDs, and having wireless access to all rooms is next on the agenda.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at the Mineral Springs hotel, for a few days, after the holidays. The hotel was a bit better then average, but not necessarily worth the cost. The room was large & roomy. The fireplace was great. Room service was disappointing; food tasted like diner fare, when it actually arrived. We had the pleasure of experiencing a fire alarm, at 1:15am, during our stay. The hotel staff was unresponsive & not helpful, to us, during the confusion. The biosphere pool & jacuzzi area are fantastic. The gym, while a bit dated, did it's job. Our other cons are minor, but they add up... From the shuttle (supposed to transport us to the ski area) which hadn't arrived after 25 minutes of waiting (we finally took our own vehicle), to the cheap toilet paper & the funky drinking water (bring your own or pay $3 from vending, if they are stocked...) The staff was friendly, & they tried to be accommodating. We just expected more considering the cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Isabayta,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your stay. I understand your concerns and rest assured that I have already passed on this particular set of comments to our Director of Food & Beverage.

I also must personally apologize for the fire alarm cause by one of our other guests. We did rectify the problem from doing any further damage, but of course for your safety and under Fire codes the building must be evacuated to the lobby as stated on the backside of the entrance door. Only the Fire Department and call an all clear and disable all the alarm.

Best Wishes,