“Fun Family Trip”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Long Island, New York
“Fun Family Trip”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at the Minerals Resort & Spa from 8/12 to 8/14 for a quick family trip. Overall I thought that everything was great (did not give a 5 because there is always room for improvement). We requested the deluxe room with kitchenette, we needed the fridge becasue of the baby. The room was spacious (with plenty of room for a pack & play), clean and comfy.
The kids absolutely loved the pool (especially the rock jump), and the sprinkler section was perfect for the little ones. Yes, finding a chair was hard at times, but I do not think it is any different anywhere else.
The restaurant was a bit pricey for dinner, and we did not care for the dinner choices, but it was good for breakfast.
I think that we would go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JM726
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear JM726,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your stay. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves. We are always looking for more ways to further improve our customer service and quality of service, as you are absolutely correct; there is always room for improvement.

I have passed on your findings in regards to the restaurant to our Director of Food and Beverage, so rest assured that your voice has been heard.

We look forward to having you back with us soon, as summer comes to an end the fun doesn't stop there, Mountain Creek Ski resort is prepping for launch along with the Red Tail Lodge. Our heated pool areas will also remain open, and we hope to see you on the slopes.

Best wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this property in July for a girls weekend in honor of a friends bachelorette party. We booked the "girls getaway spa package" which included the cost of the room and one spa treatment. It was a good value.The layout of the property was lovely, sprawling and reminiscent of a Vermont ski resort. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and somewhat modern yet still had a ski lodge charm. There are lots of activities in the area that are advertised at the check in area such as wine tasting, archery, zip lining, and obviously skiing/snow activities in the winter.

The spa was lovely and I was impressed with the service and the treatments. Very relaxing, modern and what you would see in a high end spa resort. I could have stayed there all day.

I would go back and actually plan to in the Fall-WITH MY FAMILY. The property is PERFECT for families. Great indoor/outdoor pool, Lots of other children to play with and family friendly restaurants a stone's through from the hotel entrance. I highly recommend this resort for families and groups. It's not necessarily a quiet getaway spot for a couple seeking to getaway from their kids for a weekend or a bunch of mom's seeking the solace of a quiet spa resort. We definitely had a great time but as a travel professional I would recommend Minerals to families.

Side note...they have the BEST linens and pillows I've ever experienced in a hotel. I commented how great the pillows were at check out and they allowed me and some of the ladies in my party to purchase them at cost!

Room Tip: Ground floor was great which gives quick access to most amenities like the pool. Good area to stay w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brittny817
Dear Brittny817,

We are so happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves immensely! With all our amenities and facilities, we do tend to be more appealing to families. We have a plethora of activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, archery, and art classes just to name a few. Our staff will be delighted to hear that we were able to meet your needs, and we look forward to having you as our valued guest again in the fall.

See you soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at Minerals resort and spa for my bachelorette party. I really just wanted to relax with spa treatments and pool time, nothing crazy just quiet time with my girls.

Upon arrival I noticed that the pool was packed and there were children everywhere. I should have read the reviews before I booked. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and there were no chairs for us to sit around the pool so we had to sit by the little grill they had outside.

The grill was great – good food, but kind of pricey. The tiki bar was not what I pictured it to be, but not overpriced.

When we finally got to check into our rooms they were across the pool area; which the only way to get to them was to walk through the indoor pool catwalk, not good for a curly haired girl.
The rooms were really nice we had a connecting suite with kitchen which was perfect for some snacks and games.

The next morning we were awaken by screaming kids in the hallway at 7:30 am. The doors are so thin you would think they were in the room with you and the parents were no were to be found. This happened both mornings I was there and no parents to be found.
The maids did not make up our rooms and we had to ask for extra towels.

There was a funny smell coming from the air conditioner, and when we opened the window we had a lot of bugs. So we had to stick with the smell.

The Saturday at the pool was crazy we had to fight for chairs even though it says you cannot reserve chairs people were still reserving, one was being saved with two dirty diapers. When we spoke with the pool person they said nothing we can do – we could throw the towels off and just take the chairs.

The Spa was perfect though - I would highly recommend the massages, the pedicure probably not - it wasn't anything thrilling for $65 my paint chipped in less than a week and I thought it would be more about a massage and not about a mask.

It wasn’t until I got home when I realized that they offer pool passes to anyone that wants them for the summer. So not only are there hotel guests there are also townies using the pool. I really think for the money you spend here hotel guests should get special privileges.
I would come back to this place, but only when I have a family – never to just relax. I thought I would come back with my soon to be husband, but I won’t do it, it’s too loud and to many screaming children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Trish11679
Dear Trish11679,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. It is apparent that we as a resort have failed our primary focus of excellent quality of service during your stay. This has given us pause to think and look into further revamping our pool and lounge chair procedures. It is not true however, that we offer day passes to the public. Our facilities are only open to our guests, and members of the sportsclub; members of the sportsclub depending on membership, are not permitted to use the facilities on certain holidays and weekends to alleviate the crowding.

We do apologize for the noise, and although our resort is geared for families, it is still unacceptable, and we are further looking into this concern.

If you have any other comments please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you again for your time.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My boyfriend got me the "fall in love" package for my birthday. We spent two nights there. Overall the resort is beautiful and very classy/high end. The staff is friendly and helpful.
We had an 8 course wine pairing dinner at Latour..food was excellent and the staff was very knowledgeable of the food/wine, though we sat there for over 3 hours! Too much food and too much time between courses. The pool and area around it was great. Food bar at pool over priced. The pool table, foosball, and ping pong tables on the patio was fun.
Didn't like that the shower water was soft, though the room was amazing with stainless steel appliances in kitchen and washer/dryer unit in room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear JaneB,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay with the Trip Advisor Community.
We are honored to have been the place chosen to celebrate your birthday. Brilliant choice!
We hope to celebrate many more or your special days. We look forward to your return.
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the second time I've been to Minerals as a family vacation. The first time was in August 2011. Pros: Large outdoor pool; large indoor pool; moderately- sized all season outdoor pool; Cons: Large outdoor pool not heated; Kites restaurant mediocre, activities such as archery and fishing are scheduled; not much to do in afternoon or night. I'm not interested in exercise classes and my son is not interested in joining a kid's program. Kids are not the primary focus at this place. For example, only adults are allowed to use floats or noodles in the pools. Most of the outdoor pool was 5' deep. Only a small portion of it was 4' deep. There used to be a fun water jetway that the kids loved to play with in the indoor pool, but that was not operating this year. There used to be a ping pong table next to the indoor pool, but that was gone too. When I was here in 2011 I played in the gym with my son. Now the gym appears to be mostly for men's basketball. In all fairness, I did see the kid's program using the gym for some fun-looking games in the morning. We did not get to try the archery because we were here for only one night and missed the scheduled time slot (the shuttle takes you to the archery field). The same for the fishing-- we had to sign up the night before. The game room was pretty good for a hotel game room. I'd suggest they add a few simple things to the resort like shuffle board or bocce. I'm a little puzzled over how you are supposed to get to early morning activities like 8am fishing when the only restaurant opens at 8am for breakfast. The people are nice, but not a lot of service here. When I checked in no one offered to take my bags or get me a luggage cart and I was a woman traveling alone with a child. The pools have a bit of a town pool feel to them because of the large number of condo owners using these facilities. For example, there is a sign that sternly tells you that you may not reserve a chair by the pool with your stuff-- chairs must have people in them. (Where do they expect you to put your towel, on the floor?). There was a neat tunnel connecting two of the outdoor pools, but it was closed-- I suspect because of lack of staff during the week. I might come back if I plan more entertainment for my son.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ctraveler
Dear Ctrader,

Thank you for sharing your experiences here with us. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to take part of all of what Minerals Resort & Spa has to offer. While it is true that all activities and facilities are available on weekends and high occupancy days, we try to make available to our weekday guests what we feel the majority would take part in.

I am sorry to hear that your child was unable to bring his noodles or other floatation apparatuses, however, under Coast Guard policy in which we follow, only floatation devices that can be used as a life saving device appropriately, may be brought into the pool areas. The lifeguards are able to make that decision accordingly.

I have however, passed on your concerns to our event coordinator, so she may be made aware and be further mindful of the activities we plan in the future.

Thank you for your time, and we appreciate your review.

Best wishes,
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We exchange our Florida timeshare for a stay at this resort, and we had a wonderful time. The resort was excellent, the pool is amazing, our kids loved the waterfalls and hot tub. One of the nicest change rooms we have experienced in a resort. One word of caution, if you are exchanging to the time share part of the resort, the rooms are older and a bit worn out, but we had a two-level two bedroom unit and it did have plenty of space. Our kids loved the loft! Also there are lots of stairs and we had a snowstorm while we were there and it took a long time for them to clear the stairs and driveways. Coming from Canada we are used to snow, but the roads are very slopped and slippery! But the rest of of stay was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anniky99,

We are so happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed yourselves! Here at Minerals Resort & Spa we have much to offer, from our pools, fitness floor, the many workout classes, and the relaxing Elements Spa just to name a few.

I have however, passed on your experiences with the road upkeep to our Property Management team, so they may further evaluate an immediate plan of action to expedite their services.

Thank you so much for your review, and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Best Regards,
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I received a very generous gift certificate for Crystal Springs 4 years ago. We took a trip on our 2nd anniversary and had a wonderful time. We wanted to go back for our 4th anniversary. When I booked the trip, I didn't realize that my gift card had expired. Not only did they honor my expired card, but they sent champagne to our room to wish us a happy anniversary. In addition, there was a mistake with our tee times (which may have been my mistake), the staff re-scheduled our times with no problem. Finally, the last day of our visit, we were scheduled to golf and it rained. They refunded our green fees - no problem. We had 2 wonderful trips. In my opinion, the best part of this resort was the staff. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I look forward to spending many anniversaries at Crystal Springs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annmarie S
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Happy Anniversary!!

We are happy to hear that our staff assisted you in every turn of your trip! It is our greatest pleasure to hear of the wonderful experiences you and your family had, and your reviews are what keeps us going. We hope to have you here on every anniversary, letting us cater to your every need. Thank you for sharing this momentus occasion with us.

Best Wishes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!