1,599 results
All reviewskites restaurantluxury roomoutdoor poolsteam roomcrystal springselements spafamily resorttennis courtsgreat weekendfitness centerhorseback ridingcrystal tavernpoolsamenitiestubsfireplacenorman
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Just got back! My family and I really enjoyed the property. There was a large group there during our visit. Teenagers, lots of them, but they were very well behaved! The pool and gym were beautiful and spotless. I was so excited to be able to swim outdoors in 33 degree weather!
The property does have membership program for the locals. Because of this in order to gain access to the gym or pool you must show your guest pass. Little annoying that I had to wear a wristband to prove I belonged there! I wasn't in a water park, just a hotel/spa.
Sunday morning buffet breakfast was cancelled due to the group, even though they had tons of empty banquet rooms! We even asked about breakfast the night before and were not advised.
We went to the George Inn for dinner and breakfast ($2 mimosas) had a great time!
On the way home stopped for a horseback ride across the road!
All in all, we will return, not top notch. Has alot a room for improvement and it's because of customer relations! A smile goes a long way!

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Himreview
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Property is advertised as as spa, at the base of Mountain Creek, they also sell you lift tickets. We brought our three children for a few days of skiing, pool and other activities. We booked two adjoining rooms, one of which had a kitchenette.

Check In - Unfriendly Front Desk. Rooms were ready at 6PM, not at 4PM as promised, no apologies. After we got our lift tickets, we asked for a map of the mountain and where to go for the ski lift. No maps (not even of the facility itself). We were told to just go out the door and turn right to get on the mountain (not true). We just could not get any information about what is happening and where from anyone in the lobby. There was a person selling condos and spa memberships, but they recoiled when we approached them about hotel activities. There was no board posting activities of the day, either.

Room - Nice, well appointed and plenty of towels. But, we discovered that you can hear every noise from the adjoining rooms, no soundproofing. At times, I felt that I was actually in the rooms with our neighbors. I know know all my neighbors names and some of their kids ages, though I never actually saw them. It seems that noise complaints are very common at the hotel. That explains the notice we got at check-in telling us there would be no refunds for noise complaints.

"Spa" Amenities - Pool is very nice, though crowded in the evening, lots of chlorine. I do wish they would turn on the pool lights in the outdoor pool at night so I would not crash into the underwater steps. It was pitch black outside.

We discovered that the only way to find out what was going on, was to stumble on the activity. I found a yoga class, a spin class too! They had an indoor running track. I think all this stuff was really just for the locals who joined the spa, not really or the hotel guests. They already had our $600/night.

Skiing - we had to drive to the main entrance of the mountian ot get actual useful information about times, lessons, etc. We also discovered that to get to the lift for the from the hotel, you basically had to hike through the other side of the parking lot, behind some buildings, though a path that wasn't even marked or cleared. We followed someone. Not even the hotel staff new how to get there. By the way, skiing at Mountain Creek can be best described as chaotic.

Checkout- every bad stay deserves a bad ending. I guess the front desk regards the guests as the enemy. We're not. After finding overcharges on the bill, the attendant had me actually told me to the department that overcharged us. They were too lazy to even call! Finally, after a bit of discussion which became a bit more heated the charge was fixed to the proper amount. I never had to go through that sort of absurdity before for $15 overcharge on a $1300, two night stay.

It's unfortunate that the experience here was so negative. Mineral Resort is close to home and we could have popped in for quick weekend getaways.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank tiredofit
GCLManager, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of feedback and have investigated.

We are sorry you felt you could not find out what activities were going on throughout the resort. We have a fulltime Concierge/Resort Activities Coordinator who is located right in the lobby and there is a designated area filled with information on all of the weekend's activities including daily hikes, fitness classes, movie nights, etc. We also host all of this information on our website under "Calendar of Events".

In regards to the ski resort, we offer a complimentary shuttle daily to the base of the mountain as well as ski inclusive packages so you can pick up your passes at the front desk. We are sorry you were not aware of this.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience as it is very different than the experiences we hear from the majority of our guests who visit us for the friendly service, top notch amenities and resort-planned activities. We hope you will visit again or check out one of our sister properities, Grand Cascades Lodge or Appalachian Hotel.

Best,

Minerals Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stay in this Motel for 3 nights , Motel is most appropriate classification for this so call Mineral resort & Spa the level of amenities and service is just about right 2-3 star. This is not a resort name Mineral and spa is just a false advertisement it has nothing to do with resort and name mineral except the place does has a regular spa ( massage etc but nothing special) Place is quite wear out however if you looking to place to stay after day at the slope that is OK but little bit expensive for this purposes Anyway bottom line if you look for something special like to spend time with you woman quality time etc and find this so call Mineral Resort & Spa don't be caught the place is a regular Motel and there is nothing to do there except skiing plus one more thing, floor [plan of this place is horrible, just to get to your room you would need to go through indoor pool area (no other way around I asked) smell of chlorine and hot dampness supposedly very cool idea before dinner or any time you want to go anywhere plus that indoor pool is not very cool place to be I saw people in their outside footwear at the pool side ( one woman stroll i her UGGs right at the pool side that was gross) So be advised

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Nikolas888

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for staying at Minerals Resort & Spa. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We are extremely proud of our spa fascilities and just last month Elements Spa was rated the #1 spa in NJ for the 3rd year in a row as well as ranked in the top 100 Spas in America for the large array and high quality of our treatments offered as well as the expert service provided.

Additionally we provide dozens of resort planned activities every weekend, and are sorry you felt that there was nothing to do. Our guests love taking part in the cool and unique fitness classes we offer including aerial yoga, urban stride, aqua zumba and more as well as tons of hikes, indoor and outdoor movie nights, family games and crafts and more.

We hope you visit us again or try one of our sister properties, Grand Cascades Lodge or Minerals Resort & Spa.

Thanks,

Minerals Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have been to Minerals Resort and Elements spa, many, many times. I usually go with my fiance' when we need a nice "get-a-way" weekend. The indoor and outdoor pools are great. The service is great. The food and entertainment are fabulous. This is THE perfect place for a much needed treat. If you are strained for dollars, the budget is friendly, but the service is world class. I definitely would recommend, and have recommended this lovely resort to many of my friends and family. In the process of booking "another get-a-way" weekend soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I went on line and typed: skiing, spa, restaurant and hotel. The Minerals Resort seemed to offer it all. I went to the site and booked it without even looking into it too much. I needed a quick getaway and since my wife loves to ski, the choice was clear. After we landed, I typed into my GPS the address to the hotel. After about an hour of driving, I started to panic, so I called the hotel. The front desk agent gave me notes on how to get there, and after about another half hour we arrived. We checked in early which was a nice gesture at no extra charge, we went to our room and immediately realized I booked the standard room. I called down to the desk, and they sent up new keys to a luxury room. This room was more our style, a little more money, but worth it. We put our suits on and off to the pools. Once I dipped into that pool, I didn’t want to go anywhere, I liked it just fine out in the boonies, at night under the stars in my heated pool. The next morning we ordered room service. The wait was too long so we went to the restaurant and ate off the buffet. We left right after breakfast to go skiing, we had a great time and look forward to doing it again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple