“Great place for first time and beginning skiers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Valley - CLOSED

Hidden Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-oriented winter resort offers ski and snowboard terrain for all skill levels.
Hillsborough
“Great place for first time and beginning skiers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My children, 7 and 9 years old took lessons and picked it up immediately. The staff and guests were all very nice and patient. It is a very welcoming atmosphere. I went during Presidents day weekend and it wasn't crowded at all!
The negative is that its so very small for the seasoned skier, like myself. After my kids learned how to ski, I wish we could've gotten on a different slope but there wasn't more to chose from. There was only beginner or expert, no in between. But the intermediate slope could've been closed just that weekend. Still, great for beginners but very small mountain.

Visited February 2013

Cranbury, New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beginner and Advanced runs, Lessons, Music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited the ski area on a Saturday afternoon with a child under 5. Lift ticket was free for my child, and I received $10 off by turning in my lift ticket for another mountain. Staff was friendly at the ticket office, in the lodge, and on the hill. The mountain had more advanced runs than beginner runs. If you are a beginner or have skied less than 5 times, I would suggest sticking to Chicken Delight. The runs from the top of the triple chair are too challenging! Browse along was not open from the top of the triple which might be a nice option for those who graduated from Chicken Delight. My daughter did not take lessons but the instructors seemed enthusiastic, and the class sizes for boarding and skiing were ideal (5 or less). Cool factor-acoustic rock music could be heard throughout the lodge. Plenty of available space to sit and grab some hot chocolate. Enjoy.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kbobefun
Annandale, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great place for our beginner ski family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is definitely a more family-oriented ski area, and great for beginners. The group ski lesson program has been great for my 8- and 10-year old boys, with groups generally not exceeding 6 or so. The grownups have taken advantage of the good beginner and intermediate slopes to refresh our long lost skills without waiting in long lift lines. The lodge is decent, but the food upstairs is much better than in the main cafeteria (where the hot chocolate was a bit disappointing). As a smaller resort we appreciate the relatively short walk from our car and from the rental house to the lodge. Rental equipment seemed to be in good shape and met our needs. The slopes tend to have a friendly crowd of beginner and intermediate level skiiers, and a fair number of kids.

Visited January 2013
Highland Lakes, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not open until September 2012!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The place keeps trying to keep the business running, but they are having a really hard time. I wish them the best!

Visited March 2012
West Milford, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great times....Bands Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

They have daily specials! Weds. is wing night and te band are phenomenal. The staff is Awesome

Visited December 2011