“Excellent Food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A place you might not stop at from the outside looks - small and in a little strip mall - but well worth the food! Everything was great including the service. BYOB

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This restaurant has the best ever Italian food!! My husband was flipping out at how delicious everything was!!
This is a small, unassuming place that looks like a pizza place...but the owner Tony, cooks all to order..We had the family dinner..for $16.50 each. First choice of salad..the caesar was incredible..then an appetizer..we chose mozzarella sticks (yum) then a pasta..we had penne ala vodka..The best I ever had..and believe me I have eaten in some of the finest Italian restaurants..(I am a New Yorker!)..finally chicken parm...which was great!!
I wish this restaurant was around the corner...A++++

1  Thank bonniepearl
Reviewed May 30, 2012

If I was just rating the food and the value I would say excellent. However the 1 hour and 41 minute wait time between salad and entree is not acceptable. I know they were busy and I know the food is made to order and I know the food tastes great, but the wait was very painful. The saving grace is this is a bring your own bottle restaurant so at least we did not spend any money ordering drinks while we were waiting, as we had our own wine. After our long wait the server just dropped the food on the table and quickly left. I thought at least some type of apology would be in order. Maybe the server forgot to put in the order but no one ever said anything to us as to why it took so long to get the food. Normally I would never return to a restaurant in this situation but I'm leaning towards giving them one more shot to deliver the goods in a reasonable amount of time.

1  Thank AtomicReviewer
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Growing up in 1st generation Italian/ American household(BOTH my parents were born in Italy) I can honestly say that the food at Gianna's is first class, exactly like my grandmother and mother cooked for the family!
food bursts with flavor and portions are more than plentiful.
if you truly grew up in a REAL ITALIAN household you would know that when ever the family went to a restaurant it certainly wasn't for Italian food! why go to a restaurant to get food that you ate every day at home? come to think about it I can only recall go out for Chinnese otherwise we ate home.
If my parents and grandparents were still alive they would agree that Gianna's is the real thing!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went to a party at this restuarant. The food was great and plentiful and the atmosphere was fun. Had a great time.