“Great WAter Park for older good swimming Kids”

Mountain Creek Water Park
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Where will you spend your summer days? …In the natural surroundings of the mountains?...On the beach?...Poolside? Well how about all three! Mountain Creek's Waterpark awaits, with over 2 dozen unique rides, slides and pools set in the mountains of Vernon, New Jersey, just 47 miles from NY City. Experience the thrills of 1,600 feet of pure whitewater adrenaline on the infamous Colorado River Ride, the largest water ride in the region. Leap from the Canyon Cliff into endless blue water, or rocket down Thunder Run or The Gualey, the most supercharged whitewater tube rides you've seen! Drop 40 feet on our Vertigo and Vortex tube speed coasters...in the dark! Plummet 99 feet in just seconds on the H2Oh-No! speed slide. Swing into action on the Tarzan Swings, or race through the dark and shoot out 10 feet above the water on the daring Cannonball. High Anxiety begins with a 5 story drop before accelerating riders into the immense funnel that propels you to panic-inducing heights and a momentary Zero-G experience. It's the shore without the jelly fish! The Hightide Wavepool is one of the largest pools of it's kind, sculpting over 450,000 gallons of water into perfect sets of waves every 10 minutes! Kids World offers more than enough fun to keep the kids happy all summer long. Have a blast in The Spraygrounds, relax in the Lost Island River, zoom down The Hook, or play on our multilevel interactive water play fort, complete with water slides, spray cannons, water hoses, and a 'fishy' shower!
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have been to a few waterparks here in NJ, PA, VA, Fla, this is by far the best.
It is close to home.

Had I rated this when I went 9 years ago, it would defintely be a poor review.

Last time I went my two youngest children were 1 and 3 . My oldest son was 7 and not the best swimmer. We had a horrible experience, it is not kid friendly at all.

Now that my youngest is 10 and an excellent swimmer the experience was AWESOME.
We had so much fun we plan to go next year. The staff was wonderful, they allowed us to upgrade for next year's season pass using the admission entrance for that day.

I do have to say that meal tickets were not a good deal. We could have gotten a good deal without the souvenir cup, however the souvenir cup can be reused this summer.

If you need water shoes, do not buy them there they are mighty expensive.

The rides are pretty extreme!

My favorite was the Tarzan swing. I had more fun watching people make fools of themselves for an hour than the 5 seconds I spent making a fool out of my self. It was all good though.

Great park for older kids.

2  Thank Lindendad1972

Reviewed August 16, 2010

I traveled to Mountain Creek Waterpark on a warm July day. My best advice for travelers would be to wear water shoes or comfortable shoes due to the fact there is lots and lots of unsteady walking. The line to get in was long but went rather quickly. Discount coupons are available at Dunkin Donuts. Purchasing a small locker is also a good idea to put to towels, wallets, and coverups in. The park is huge and I would recommend to start out at one section and make your way over to the other sections of rides. Was not impressed by the wave pool. I recommend Colorado River (although the line is usually long) as well as High Anxiety. Both are very unique from any other water park rides that I have experienced. As for the water it is like swimming in the ARTIC ocean!!!! Extremely cold!!!
Overall I would go back to Mountain Creek !

2  Thank miniv
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The guest service was terrible. It seemed like the only people that worked there were lifeguards. My boyfriend and I bought our tickets online, he asked which line we needed to be in to just present our tickets. The woman just pointed to the right. When we got to the ticket window the employee just handed us writstbands, he did not say ONE WORD! We just joked about the whole situation. The rides were pretty good. Most of them had long lines which was annoying. It was really annoying having to wait in line for a tube and then waiting in line with the tube. The Tarzan swing only had one swing open, which was a bit ridiculous as you could see there were three swings. In general the park was average.

1  Thank vickkkk
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I took our kids for a mini vacation. We stayed at Black Creek which was nice. However our trip turned worse when we get to Mountain Creek Water park which is built on steep hills! Try and walk around that water park in bare feet! Seriously the hills are steep - good thing my parents stayed home. We all got on the Colorado River ride and proceed to get hurt. My husband fell off his tube twice resulting in cuts, abrasions and pulled muscles trying to retrieve the tube for the rest of the ride. On another slide as you go through it the joints and rivets for the tube can be felt also resulting in scratches!! Wave pool was a joke....

4  Thank adamsfamily_5
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Terrible customer service! Their policy is to close only when it thunders. We travelled 2 hours from Connecticut on a bus with 50 kids to find out they were closed! They made one lame attempt to contact a discontinued number. They were Totally unacceptibly unsympathetic and unapologetic about the cost incurred by our group to travel there. They even said it was not their job to make any further attempt to contact us.

2  Thank Shirleyujoke