“Great Restaurant Week Dinner”
Review of Sage

Sage
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weymouth Ave.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a lovely dinner here for Restaurant Week. My starter was a hummus plate that came with pita bread, olives, Greek salad skewers, & baba ghanoush. It was something that I totally enjoyed and was very tasty! For my entree I got the fish special of the day...Swordfish. It came with a light & tasty small round pasta with a tomato based sauce. The fish was delicate but firm and quite tasty. I enjoyed it. The Key Lime Pie was good too.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

nice,upscale restaurant,the owner came out to say hello(very classy) food was good,price was fair,service was prompt!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had waited two years to finally be able to dine at Sage. We were so looking forward to an outstanding dinner as we were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary and were dining with family. Whew, what a mistake. It must have been chef's night off as I cannot believe Lisa would have turned out food like what was served to us.
I had asked the waiter about the Zuppa de Pesce and he said it was outstanding. So I went with that and I ordered it. What a disappointment. The lobster was so overcooked it would not even come out of the shell. As for the remainder of the seafood - if you like mussels, you were fine. However, if you were looking for anything else, it was very, very sparse. And no calamari at all!
The tempura oyster appetizer must have been cooked in the morning and been sitting on the counter. The tempura was like wallpaper paste and the oyster were very, very small.
My husband and other family members ordered pasta which they said was "okay" but not great.
Dessert - supposedly home made. I do not think so. The banana cream pie had something that was supposed to be cream and I was unable to decide what it was. I did not eat it for sure.
Sooooo - think twice when you book you reservation and find out who is in the kitchen. However, if it turns out to be Lisa - think again.
Dinner the previous evening at Domenicos's was OUTSTANDING! Dine around the corner.

1  Thank carol a
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a reservation for Sunday at 5:30 pm, arrived on time, and were seated promptly. It appeared that there were only 2 servers for the entire dining room, but they were polite and they were working the room, though it was hard to get their attention. I should mention that the restaurant is BYOB and accepts cash only. We ordered the Sunday evening 3-course meal for $30/pp (a few items had up-charges, clearly marked on the menu and noted by the server). We enjoyed the meze plate and meatball appetizers. My entree was capellini with jumbo lump crab meat. It was a very large portion, and I took some home. The other entree was short ribs; they were excellent. There were two deserts on the menu, pumpkin bread pudding and tres leches cake. Both were good.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were in Atlantic City on business. So many restaurants there seemed overpriced. So, we started searching in Ventnor, which is just a few minutes drive south, and found Sage. We understand this restaurant is very busy in the summer. But this was Thursday night in September. No problem. They have a great deal in the fall -- $30, three courses from the regular menu -- if you're seated between 5 and 7. (With a few bucks extra for some dishes.) The main courses otherwise are priced in the 20s -- still not bad, especially compared to A.C. The oysters tempura were nicely done. A burrata special was also tasty;the cheese was placed atop a panko crusted roasted tomato. Nice variation on the usual mozz and tomato. I had a California sea bass, topped with crab meat. Very nice. I didn't taste the veal my companion had, but she enjoyed the dish. The dessert offerings were few. But, one was key lime pie -- one of my favorites. It's BYOB (as is the whole town). There's a liquor store at the corner. The place also does not take credit cards. The Wawa one block over has an ATM. Also, the servers were attentive and pleasant, and made us feel welcome.