“Hit or miss!”

Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weymouth Ave.
phila
“Hit or miss!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

had dinner here twice this summer.The first time was a Saturday in June.we were with an other couple and had four great dinners,could t believe had never been there before. went back with my family on the third of July. the restaurant was off the wall busy. We made our reservation on open table,so they knew how many tables were booked.The restaurant was very understaffed. By the time our order was take they were out of just about everything. The food was good but all of us had to eat or second or third choice!!

• Visited June 2013

Mineola, New York
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After driving down this section of Atlantic Avenue for several years, and seeing people sitting outside at Sage, this month we finally decided to make a reservation and check it out. This is first of all a very vibrant food block with Sage being just one of several restaurants with outdoor seating. Just to be clear, you have a view of nothing but Atlantic Ave as the outdoor seating is on the sidewalk, but at the south end of the block there is a liquor store making last minute BYOB purchases so very easy!

The inside restaurant is very nice and as the summer sun was at a harsh angle, we decided to eat inside/ We had a very professional waiter who handed our BYOB wine like it was a $100 bottle which was very nice. The menu was limited but with great choices and we understand that it changes on a regular basis. We started with a very good salad and then decided to go right into our meal. I had incredible short ribs which were among the top 2 or 3 I've ever had. It was a great meal and we will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great restaurant in Ventnor. Lisa the chef does a fabulous job with everything. It is a byob so bring a nice bottle of wine and enjoy the fabulous food. She has now opened a more casual restaurant right next store which is also good.

Visited March 2013
Camden, Delaware
“Still wonderful food and service (previous review 2011).”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visit Sage every time that I'm in Ventnor--which is anywhere between two and six times a year, for durations of two to seven days--and the food and service is always wonderful. My only disappointment is that the available days to go appear to be dwindling. They used to be open just about every evening of the week; now, they're open four nights a week.
The servers, though, were very attentive; doing all the expected tasks: refilling water, asking how the food tastes, is there anything else that I need. Didn't feel rushed to free up a table and was able to enjoy the scenery of the street.
I do wish they were open every evening but I consider it as an opportunity to explore other restaurants in the area. :)

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“BYOB, Italian, outdoor seating option...what more can you wish for???”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I ventured out one night for dinner.
The reason why we picked Sage is its BYOB nature and option to sit outside! Perfect for summer night! Although the kitchen closes at 10pm the manager was very kind and when we called at 9.50pm said they would wait for us! How awesome is that??
The food overall was delicious. My friends ordered veal piccata with olives, capers and mashed potatoes. They said it was delicious.
I got linguini with jumbo shrimp, garlic, tomatoes. It was good. But not flavorful enough as to my taste. But overall the dish was good. Next time i go there will get the veal :)

Overall, i would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited July 2013