“A Gem”

Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weymouth Ave.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went to Sage for a girls night out and were delighted. The menu was fresh, trendy and well executed by Chef Lisa. Although a little pricey, it is a BYOB. The food was superb and the service was very good despite being a little short handed. It is definately worth visiting.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I went to Sage with some family friends and was VERY impressed! Chef Lisa's menu is eclectic and delicious. The focaccia bread is made fresh and in-house, as is the gelato. We ordered fried artichoke hearts, which were amazingly not greasy and served with a delicious sauce on the side. We also ordered the burrata: a twist on the classic mozzarella and tomato fried in Panko bread crumbs and with a creamy filling. The Sage salad is by far one of the best salads I've ever had -- baby greens, pignoli nuts, feta cheese, and a light vinaigrette. I ordered the crab lobster with cream sauce and mushrooms -- wow. Fresh crab tucked into ravioli in a delicious light cream sauce. Desserts are fabulous as well. I had the French Vanilla gelato, which contained actual bits of vanilla bean. The inside of the restaurant is very clean and fresh looking, and the service is incredibly professional and attentive without being overbearing. I HIGHLY recommend visiting this restaurant if you are in Atlantic City. You will get delicious food without the outrageous Atlantic City prices.

1  Thank BeatleGina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A colleague told me about Sage. If you are visiting Atlantic City, you should make the 5 minute drive to Ventnor to this BYOB. What an amazing meal! Without exaggeration, one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had. The place was packed but the staff was very friendly and never stopped moving. I started with fried Gnocchi as an appetizer. Different than any Gnocchi dish I've ever had. Wonderful! Then I went with the Mojo beef short rib. As tender a cut of meat as I can remember. Melted in my mouth. Served with mashed potatoes and asparagus. My wife burrata as an appetizer. This is a panko coated beefsteak tomato with fresh mozzarella. As a main course she had had chicken with prosciutto, mushrooms, green beans and mashed potatoes in a wine sauce. For desert we had banana cream pie and a flourless chocolate torte. Left us stuffed and satisfied at a very fair price. The owner also has a small bistro next door that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will be sure to check that out next time.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

A great small quiet restaurant which is worth a visit. It is BYOB. We had great service and some great food. What more to ask for?

Reviewed March 25, 2012

This restaurant has been around for years in one or another incarnations. The chef is well trained and the staff is excellent.

1  Thank shorevet