“Only come here if you want to say good-bye to a formerly decent restaurant!”
Review of JO Jo's Pizzeria & Restaurant - CLOSED

JO Jo's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night and ordered spaghetti bolognese. When the dish came out, the portion of spaghetti looked as if it was doled out by an ice cream scooper. I asked the waitress if she could bring the dish back to the kitchen for a little more. She did go back to the kitchen but came back saying that the portion was the portion ! I asked to speak to the manager. I expected that when the manager saw my portion, he would wipe his brow in disgust and make sure the cookl didn't make the same mistake with other customers.. But no, he insisted that I received the proper portion, and if I washed to spend another 15 dollars, he could ad another ice cream scoop to it! We have been patronizing this restaurant for years, but last night was our last time. Our waitress then confided in us that we weren't alone in our feelings and that last night would be her last night working there as well! The restaurant went downhill this year after taken over by new ownership. This restaurant will not last much longer with this current ownership, so come here only if you want to say good- bye!

1  Thank Harold G
There are newer reviews for JO Jo's Pizzeria & Restaurant

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have gone to this Jo Jos several times, (and the others although it is different management at each one), but tonight will be my last. The portions are smaller, the prices higher, but what most disappointed us was the manager. We called him over becuase one of the pasta dishes ordered was very tiny, not enough to fill anyone up, and especially compared to dishes ordered in the past, we practically laughed when it was served. The manager could have approached this in many ways, but he simply shrugged his shoulders and said that's just the way it is and there was nothing he could do about it. We could not believe this reaction and told him he is going to lose us as customers, but all he did was shrug his shoulders again and said "do what you'd like."

Our waitress apologized and told us we were not the first ones to complain and be stunned about his reaction. She also whispered she was quitting tomorrow, which goes to show that as nasty as the manager is with the customers, he must be ten times worse with his staff. I was suprised when it was not difficult to get a table for five at 7:00 on a Saturday night of Labor Day Weekend, but now I know why.

Do not go to this restaurant. The host and waitress were very nice, but for the prices you would be better off going to Domenicos or Carmine's. It is ashame this friendly restaurant in the past has now turned into a scathing environment. Goodbye Jo Jos!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had an amazing dinner at Jo Jo's tonight. We had a bread topping made with eggplant. olives and some other treats that was out of this world on hot bread. Then we had some eggplant rollatini that was honestly the best I ever had. It was so light and tasty. Then I had the lamb bolognese sauce on papperdella and it was so full of flavor! The lamb was delicious and very soft and the sauce was perfect. If you are not sure what to have let Vinnie pick for you..you won't be sorry!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We made our first visit to Jo-Jo's this season - the casual side of the restaurant. Not sure if the casual side is casual anymore. I tried to order a very basic platter - spaghetti and meatballs. Can't do that anymore. I had to order the spaghetti ($12) and then order the meatballs separately ($8). The meatballs were excellent, but I'm not so sure about the spaghetti since it looked way to fancy and I'm not sure it was cooked properly. Considering that we're now talking about gourmet spaghetti and meatballs, why would I go to the casual side of the restaurant anymore? People are still coming in to pick up their pizzas, or coming in tank tops and bathing suits to be seated in the restaurant which is now either gourmet or casual - I'm not sure. The price is gourmet but the setting is casual. I'm so confused; I'll just go to Tony's next time I'm in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs.

2  Thank KingAtlanticCity
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This lil' joint has always been the place to go to when your not sure what your want, due to the large variety of choices, from cuttlefish to pizza. Always clean. Vince and his staff are always attentive and courteous. Now, understand this, very busy in the summer, yes, you will wait, is a byob, so pop it open while you wait, as it will be worth it.