“Another superb meal”

Domenico's
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Domenico's is a fine dining Italian, Mediterranean BYOB restaurant.
Libertyville, IL
“Another superb meal”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dined here with my two sons. Last minute reservation on a Monday evening. Owner Maria served us - and was pleasant as always.
Ordered the meatballs (of course!) and arancini. Also wanted to try an appetizer special, but when they came out, Maria apologetically told us they just ran out. However, she brought us a complementary plate of the "Love Boats" -- endive topped with tomatoes, cannelloni beans, lump crab meat in a wonderful vinaigrette. Not that's the way to run a business.

They were out of many of their dinner specials - but we wanted to order our favorites off the menu. We had the Chicken Prosceco, the mushroom fusilli and the shrimp fusilli. All were top notch, and flavorful. I think next time however, I may ask for my pasta a bit more al dente -- just my taste. Other than that it was perfect.

We finished with the cannolis, always fresh and a berry and cream dessert.

This is a place that we will come back to again and again. And it's always consistent and delicious.

Our bill came to $105 with tax.

wynnewood
“Bring Wine, Lotsa Wine”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Finally got around to trying Domenico's in Ventnor. It was either 7 indoors or 8 outdoors. Chose outdoors, a mistake. Neighborhood urchins perilously close on their bikes, people walking dogs, restless people on the sidewalk, clutching their wine, waiting past their reservation time. Service was fine, food was fine, if a trifle pricey, chef made the rounds, seemed sincere. Wife's veal/crab dish came out lukewarm. Chef came back to apologize and buy us a dessert we shared. Ingredients are top shelf, preparation skillful, presentation handsome. IT seems to be the BYOB for Ventnor/Margate beautiful people. If given the choice, choose indoors, choose later in the evening so you won't feel rushed.

delaware
“The best chef in Ventnor, hands down!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The food here is wonderful, and every time we go, the chef comes out of the kitchen, he addresses us by our name, and he asks if we like our food.
There might be similar high end restaurants in Ventnor, but here you gat a more calm, personal experience.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great everything! Hands down best meal we have ever had!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are visiting Ventnor for one night. We made a reservation at another restaurant & canceled last minute. Called Domenicos since reviews were so good. It did not disappoint! They accommodated us with our own private table outside! The entire staff is extremely welcoming & attentive. Even the owner stopped by to chat! The food... Phenomenal! Looked gorgeous too! We are very, very picky... BEST everything!!! Don't hesitate eat here!! Best meal ever!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Why did I wait so long to come here?”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The small, put together room and the friendly welcoming staff of Domenicos make this place a winner from the start. The area has a few different types of Italian, this one falls into the "tiny, byob" type. I will argue that it is the best in that category, even better than some other restaurants much more expensive that are notoriously difficult to get reservations at. From start to finish it was phenomenal, the meatballs may have been the best I've ever had, and I'm still thinking about the crab spaghettini. When my veal came I was so full, but couldn't stop eating it because of sheer taste. If you're in the area and you don't come here you are making a mistake, I just wish I realized it sooner!!

• Visited April 2013