All reviewsbeach tagsatlantic citybeach chairsmain buildingbreakfast was deliciousother guestsoutdoor showeroff street parkinghalf blockshort drivethe location is perfectoff seasonwe've stayedjersey shoreenjoyed my staymini vacationbeach passes
Reviewed July 13, 2007

We have stayed at Carisbrooke for many years and consider it the place to stay at the Jersey shore. The rooms are lovely and the new luxury bedding, most comfortable. Delicious breakfasts and most pleasant and accomodating staff start the day right.. The complementary late afternoon canapes and beverages make for a fun time with many visitors sharing their days adventures and plans for the evening,
The half block walk to the famous Atlantic City and Ventnor boardwalk and beach makes it am most covenient location.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I had a business meeting in Atlantic City - near the Convention Center, and wanted to stay somewhere with more character than a chain hotel. The Carisbrooke Inn looked fine from the website, and the distance from my meeting was calculated at just under 3 miles - a very nice walk almost entirely on the boardwalk from the Convention Center (I arrived from Philly airport via NJ Transit/Amtrak station right at the convention center) .

This place was terrific, and exceeded my expectations. It is located in the first block off the beach, and I had an ocean view from my bedroom - facing east - on the second floor. Away from the casinos and noisy shopping tinsel of the Atlantic City end of the boardwalk. A "happy hour" with snacks and drinks was a welcoming event from 5-6. I arrived on a Sunday and there were few other guests, so I took a drink and snack up to the wonderful second story deck for the ocean view.

Breakfast slots are officially 8:30 and 9:30 am, but when I told my host, John, that my meeting started at 8 (and I had a 3 mile walk to get there -- no car) - he immediately offered to have breakfast for me at 7. If this weren't accomodating enough, when morning came with a light drizzle, he offered to drive me to the meeting. I took him up on it! I did walk back, and walked each way for the next several days - enjoying the sites and major people walking in the morning and afternoon each day. I even went in the ocean (the Inn gives you beach towels and a beach pin).

Great breakfasts, gread host, great accomodation, wine/liquor store around the corner (it's a dry town) for taking something in to any of the nice restaurants in walking distance -- or for the refrig on the second floor for guests. I'd definitely choose this again whether on business or pleasure in the Atlantic City area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2007

This is an amazingly cozy inn right on the beach and within walking distance to the AC boardwalk. We stayed for my boyfriend's birthday and we had an amazing time. Breakfast each day was wonderful and my boyfriend loved the cookies that were always baked fresh and available in the dining room. We can't wait to find time to go back!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2007

What a lovely, relaxing B&B. Stayed here one night while going to see a show at the Borgata. The show got postponed until July and we decided to drive to NJ and stay anyway...glad we did. Christine is a gem, friendly, knows the area and the restaurants. Very nice happy hour, tremendous, tasty breakfast. And Pete on the staff there was terrific as the breakfast server. Try those homemade pancakes. Yum! We'll be back. Less than a block to the boardwalk and a lovely morning walk to burn off those calories. The room was very nice and cleaned to perfection.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed two weekends in a row, and plan to return many times more. Everything about Carisbrooke Inn is top notch. Accommodations, hospitality, breakfast, snacks, location, amenities, beach gear (chairs, towels, beach passes), parking, etc. All this for a great price too. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple