“Never Disappointed”

Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Ventnor City B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at The Carisbrooke before. That is simply the reason we always go back. The friendly warm atmosphere of the Inn itself, the owner John and his lovely staff, go out of their way to make your stay stress-free.
Sadly, this past vacation I took ill and stayed in bed in my beautiful, bright, immaculate room, having my sweet husband try and nurse me back to health. We stayed the entire 6 days and even though I wasn't 100%, being at the Inn was pleasant, stressless and made for as good as someone could imagine if they too took ill. I am happy to report I am 100% better now but sadly can kick myself for missing all the delicious breakfasts John and his most wonderful staff served everyday. You can be sure though, we will be coming back yet again to this gem by the ocean.

Room Tip: The Carisbrooke Inn has two building to choose from. There is the main house where you come directly...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location is excellent and the rooms are very nice. We really enjoyed the breakfast and the friendly staff. We will stay here again for sure, if we are anywhere in the vicinity. The room was very comfortable and cleaned promptly each day. We are both veterans, and the owner gave us a discount for this, which we appreciated very much!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Wigman62
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the inn for our anniversary last weekend. We were so pleased with our accommodations and the inn, overall. Most of the length of our visit the inn smelled like a bakery. Our room was #5, and, although it was of the least expensive rooms, it was a pleasure. Thank you for a great stay. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank FaithieG
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The bedroom we choose was furnished beautifully and was cozy. Loved the jacuzzi in the bathroom. The B & B owner couldn't be more helpful. What I really liked about it was the ocean was only a few foot steps away. Comfort and beauty what more could you ask for and yes, I would go there again! A great little mini vacation that was good for the soul. Thank you!

Room Tip: Take some comfortable shoes for walking on the boardwalk.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have stayed at the carisbrooke before, and will stay again and again. Our stay is always pleasant, peaceful and all around wonderful. This year I found that they have a water ice shop just down the block. Wow. Generously louded with pieces of fruit, these icees are the best we've ever had. John really knows how to make people happy. I love this bnb. Try the palm package. it's a nice addition to your stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmgjoni
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Modest accomodations in the Sea Breeze room across the street, but very clean and cozy. The breakfast was a nice touch and very satisfying. Easy access to the beach (they provide chairs and towels). Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mere8218
Reviewed September 4, 2012

As Ann Y reports, it's easy to be put off by the quirky rules and systems of this place (this is not too different from many places on the Jersey Shore, alas!), even if they do warn you in advance. It's easy to forget, for instance, to sign up for breakfast (something I've never had to do before). But these owners are really trying. And it's very unusual to be given beach tags and bottled water, small gestures that made us feel more welcomed and not so nickel-and-dimed. (That said, it seems unfair to charge guests the same price as those that include parking, just because they're in another building--though we found on-street parking easily.) The room was funky and small but had windows on 3 sides, comfortable beds, and a newly restored bath. The location, of course, can't be beat; we'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building include parking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 49 in Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!