All reviewsbeach tagsatlantic citybeach chairsmain buildingbreakfast was deliciousother guestsoutdoor showeroff street parkinghalf blockshort drivethe location is perfectoff seasonwe've stayedjersey shoreenjoyed my staymini vacationbeach passes
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I took advantage of the sky's the limit package which was awesome. From the time we checked in to packing the car to leave we were always greeted with courteous staff members. The room was very clean, the whirlpool was GREAT. Hope to return in October.

Room Tip: Room nine, great view, private balcony
Reviewed September 18, 2011

we have stayed at Carisbrooke B n B few times. Always accommodating; we brought 2 other couples with us and they enjoyed the stay as well.
we would highly recommend staying there....prefer B n B over any hotel anytime...
on the beach block -- very convenient -- WIFI so we could search for restaurants all over the S. Jersey shore area

Room Tip: various rooms available - select based on what you see on line -- accurate pictures...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn through Labor Day Weekend. I have stayed at the Carisbrooke Inn many many times and have stayed in some of the largest rooms but because we waited too long to book we stayed in a smaller room and found it to be adorable, clean, cool and on the first floor right next to the cookies (an added attraction). This room was definitely up to the usual standards that we have come to enjoy at the Carisbrooke. When we returned home I decided to get a new bed because our bed is not nearly as comfortable as the beds at the Carisbrooke. We spent some time sleeping on the deck this time around because the breeze from the ocean was so great after our long walks along the Boardwalk and back with some stops at the casinos. Glad we stayed at the Inn again and will definitely be back.

View Reviewer Info

1  Thank Lil2
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I loved the Morning Mist Room (#8) with the small kitchenette! The room was very clean and the building was quiet. The other visitors were nice and did a good job of staying out of our way and allowed us our desired privacy for celebrating our 8 year anniversary. The food was magnificent, only thing is the menu didn't call for the blueberry pancakes that were spoken so highly of. I would have loved to try them. :)

The only con was that the bathroom was extremely small and we were grateful to not be people who take up a lot of space, this would have been a problem. We would definitely stay at the Carisbrooke Inn as long as we had a larger bathroom. Next time we know to stay at the main house where parking will be available, we stayed across the street in the cottage and had to find parking on the street which was only block away.

Thank you for a memorable getaway!!!

Mia and Avery Barber

Room Tip: Morning Mist room was nice and bed was very comfy!! Bathroom was small
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Just came back from an August weekend at the Carisbrooke Inn. We were looking for a place to stay near AC, but wanted something with more character and charm.

The Inn's owner spoke to us on the phone several times, to make restaurant recommendations, share info on the Inn, and he even helped us by making reservations for us at The Palm in AC for our Saturday night dinner. Really liked the attentive nature of the owner. The woman who greeted us, checked us in, and served us breakfast in the morning, Bridget, was also lovely and attentive. We liked how friendly and helpful she was to us.

The Inn itself is actually a bit dreary and worn looking, both inside and out. The blinds on our windows were missing the twisty thing that lets you open the slats. The couch in our room was faded and old. The paint job in our bathroom was sloppy--it was obvious that they didn't tape before painting! I just found the place lacking in an elegance that I was led to believe when reading their website. The furniture in the common areas looked like flea market finds, it just didn't have that really interior decorated, pristine, exclusive kind of feel that the web site promised. To me, it was an average bed and breakfast, by no means the most elegant or stylish or exclusive kind of place. Nice, but not out of this world.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveling_Vicki
explorer723, Owner at Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate and take very seriously every comment we receive.

I am very glad you experienced excellent service during your stay. Our very first priority above all other things is to provide good, attentive service and create a good experience. I sometimes worry during this time of year we won't be at our best because we are extremely busy and people start to get worn out.

The comments about the paint job in your bathroom were due to some leaking pipes at the beginning of the summer which required us to open walls and put them back together quickly. Even though we touched up the walls with the same paint, the difference in time did cause some slight variations in the color. The busy summer has not provided time or resources to completely repaint that bathroom, however it will be done once the summer season is finished and we can close the room for an extended period.

I am also very sorry the decor in the house was not what you were expecting. We try very hard to keep accurate photographs of the rooms on our website and we do very little enhancement (mostly just lighting) so they are as real as possible. Most people usually tell us the rooms look nicer to them than the pictures. We tend to buy many of our items from antique markets, but rarely put expensive antiques in the guest rooms. When we do purchase new furniture we tend to use stores like Pier One or Raymore and Flannigan or other local beach funiture stores. Unfortunately many guests do not take care of the furnishings so we end up replacing them or repairing them more often than we would like. We also do tend to keep a more minimalistic decorating style. We do this on purpose because many of our guests have indicated they prefer this. We have had many guests tell us they have been in other B&B's that seem museum like and they feel uncomfortable sitting on things or touching things. Our goal is to provide a simple, elegant, but most importantly comfortable experience for our guests. They are here for a vacation, to relax and unwind. The last thing we want is for them to feel like they can't sit on something.

Again I am happy that your service experience met your expectations but am very sorry our appearance did not. I assure you those items which are in need of repair will be repaired or replaced as the summer draws to a close.