All reviewsbeach tagsatlantic citybeach chairsbreakfast was deliciousmain buildingoutdoor showeroff street parkinghalf blockshort drivethe location is perfectoff seasonjersey shoreenjoyed my staymini vacationbeach passesventnoragnes
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Carisbrooke Inn. Because we booked at the last minute, we got a great rate on the smallest room in the annex. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. In addition, we could see the ocean from our window. The main building is lovely and we visited the rooms there which are more luxurious. The breakfast was great, staff friendly, and it took us less than a minute to walk to the beach. We very much appreciated the towels, beach tags, and chairs which were provided as well as the clean and convenient outdoor shower. At night, we walked around the corner for dinner at one of the best restaurants at the shore, Sage. Then we walked down the street from the Inn to the boardwalk and strolled to Atlantic City, never needing to use our car. We would highly recommend the Inn and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Try dinner at Sage which is around the corner.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I "discovered" the Carisbrooke Inn several years ago and my husband and I loved it so much this was our third trip there!!!! The location is perfect.......you are right next to the beach and you can enjoy a quiet, relaxing vacation right there at the B&B....OR you can walk about a mile and enjoy the "hustle and bustle" of Atlantic City!! It's like two vacations in one! The breakfast is out of this world, the beds are "heavenly", the service is wonderful....my list could go on and on. This time we were in a spa room - which was gorgeous! The only thing that surprised me this visit was that one of our towels had some makeup on it! I put it on the floor so we wouldn't use it but forgot to inform John. I would recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed across the street from the main Inn. at the Oceanside Cottage. It was fine. Rooms were on the small side, but I expected that. The galley kitchen in our two room suite was not the greatest: no microwave and no dishes, The staff was wonderfully accommodating, both when booking the reservation and whenever we needed anything during our three day stay; and breakfast was great. They had beach chairs for us to use and tons of info on other things to do in the area. Location was a mere 100 feet from the boardwalk! I'd definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We've stayed at the Carisbrooke several times and have actually stayed in 5 of their rooms. While some are larger, each room is clean, comfortable and has a different look to it. What is the same is the service. The staff members are all very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast is great! We like the location because the beach is just a block away and the boardwalk is convenient to the activity of Atlantic City as well as the neighborhoods of Ventnor. Great restaurants are in walking distance too!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before.......only 4 and 5 star luxury hotels. I can't tell you how much we loved our 2 night week-end stay at The Carisbrooke Inn. All of the staff is extremely friendly and very accomodating. The rooms are very clean and oh my gosh.......the view of the ocean was great. Breakfast was yummy and there are cookies, fruit, and bottled water available at all times. They also have beach chairs and umbrellas and beach tags. My husband and I will definitely be returning. Oh they also just opened the Oceanside Cottage right across the street with more rooms just as nice and a little less expensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family