“Old word Charm”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
NY, NY
Reviewed April 23, 2004

A charming older woman runs/owns the place, sounded like she's from Eastern Europe.

Anyway, it was quite a charming place, a few steps to the beach, with a really nice porch with a great breeze & view of the water.

In response to the other reviewer, the owner/mgr was VERY nice and treated us like her adopted grandkids. And the continental breakfast was good--bagels, coffee, pastries etc. I'm gonna assume that the last reviewer was a jerk to that sweet woman and got the appropriate response.

The bottom line for me is this: is it the Taj? No. But that’s why you stay in a BnB. It's CLEAN and charming and close to the beach. It was just what I was looking for.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Surrey Beach House

A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 23, 2002

I called the Surrey Hotel, looking for some off-season lodging for a combination work/surfing trip. All I had was a phone number, so I asked the manager if there was any way I could see some pictures of the hotel before I booked a 2-week reservation.

She completely freaked out and screamed at me, "No pictures! We don't work that way! You want to stay here, you come visit! No pictures!"

Whatever, someone else can have my $700. I'm sure hotel guests are real easy to come by in late october for independent, non-casino hotels/motels....NOT!!!

I can only imagine what the continental breakfast is like!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City
Showboat Hotel
Showboat Hotel
#17 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Surrey Beach House

Address: 109 S Surrey Ave, Ventnor City, NJ 08406-2856
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Ventnor City
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ventnor City
Price Range: $79 - $279 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Surrey Beach House 3*
Our newly renovated boutique accommodations are located along the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk, just steps from the beach. Surrey Beach House is nestled in the historic seaside town of Ventnor and offers the perfect place for a romantic getaway, business traveler, family reunion or corporate retreat. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Surrey Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Surrey Beach House Hotel Ventnor City