“Great place and service”
Review of Surrey Beach House

and 1 more site!
Surrey Beach House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ventnor City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place and service”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had a group of 4 men stay here during September before a race in AC. We were surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms and the great job the manager Kevin did with all my questions pre booking and during my stay.
Will definitely recommend the Surrey Beach to all my medical professional friends

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I personally am very happy that I could make your vacation a memorable one. The staff and I would be happy to have you as our guest again anytime. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for your positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I belong to Tan Travel Advantage Club, they have rooms at Surrey Beach House not so nice was not happy,The first room I was put in smelled so bad, so Kevin the manager on duty switch us into another room if it was not for the kindness and understanding of Kevin we would of packed up our bags and went home. Tan Travel Advantage once again you have disappointed us.
Not all rooms at the Surrey Beach House are horrible it s just the ones Tan puts their customers up in.
Now for the people that run the Surrey Beach House: All I can say is Thank you, you guys were amazing especially Kevin because of you is why we stood.... Thank You for being so amazing,
Janet, Toni, Mario, and Antoinette

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Janet S
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I was happy that I could make your stay better, as I want all of our guests to enjoy their stay. We did take care of the issues you mentioned so we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We truly did enjoy you as a guest of Surrey Beach House, and I hope to have you back soon.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited the Surrey Beach House this past week for a one night stay. I had read the positive reviews about it in Tripadvisor and felt pretty confident. Plus, I loved the idea that it was a mere steps to the boardwalk. We arrived and had a pleasant interaction with Kevin, the manager. He gave us our keys and beach tags, but I was not made aware of some of the amenities offered to the other reviewers. I was not made aware of the availability of beach chairs, beach towels, or soda and water. It was prime beach weather when we arrived, so we dropped our bags- observed the clean room that was pleasantly decorated and headed out. The "warts" did not come out until we came back to the room for showers. First, we found it very difficult to turn the shower off. Unlike almost all shower shut off valves this one needed to be turned around twice to fully turn it off. By the time you figure that out, you can practically get burned by the hot water streaming from the shower head. The next major letdown was with the TV. It got virtually no reception. When I asked the only SBH employee I could find in the evening, she told me to look in the black binder they have available in the room for the channels they get. We looked and found that someone had crossed off all of the channels with a pen and after going through all channels with the remote, we found that to be true. There was only one channel that worked clearly without pixels. Needless to say, at that point in the night (10:00 PM). I did not want to seek out the-not so helpful employee-on duty again. A third very negative experience was when I went to use the microwave to heat my coffee. Bottom-line-it did not work. Looking back, I wish I had brought these issues to Kevin's attention. Perhaps he could have helped in some way, however, although he only available part of the time and it feels like a "one man show". I saw him several times in my one night visit, but otherwise there was no one at the desk and it was not apparent who was in charge when he was not there. A phone number to contact Kevin is posted. We were considering staying at the beach a second night, but would not consider staying at Surrey. The rate was certainly too high a price to pay for a mid-week rental and the facilities they offer. Sadly, although we love Ventnor, we will not return and I could not recommend others stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adventurers-PA
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback as it greatly appreciated. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not being there as much as you would have liked. We are a small boutique hotel and have a small homey staff. We do not staff the front desk 24hours like a hotel chain would. However, I am available at all times of the day and wish you would have reached out to me so I could have made your stay easier and more pleasant.
As for the problems you encountered during your stay, I have already looked into these issues myself and they do not exist anymore. Also for staying only one night you did encounter my staff and I on several occasions and we always try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Thanks for your review, as we are always looking to improve our services and amenities for the guests experience. After going over your review I also noticed you did say it was a nice and clean room but we only received an average rating from you for those categories. Any suggestions on that would also be greatly appreciated. Please get in touch with me (Kevin) and I would like to hear your feedback and also maybe you would consider giving us another chance.
Lafayette Hill, PA
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our shorehouse was under construction due to damage from Hurricane Sandy so where to go. We wanted to be in our town of Ventnor and I heard wonderful things about the Surrey. Not expecting more than a clean place to put our heads at night we were in for much more. A wonderful sundeck steps from the beach, an immaculate room, complimentary beach tags, beach chairs, towels, water, soda, snacks and coffee. Kevin, the manager, couldn't have been more accomodating. Whatever we needed he had for us. And what a wonderful surprise when we were ready to go to the beach on Saturday, we came downstairs to a platter of hoagies (subs for those from out of the area) with chips and soda. It really hit the spot. Kim at the desk was there to give us extra towels and water with a smile. The only drawback for some may be the lack of a parking lot. We were lucky to get parking spots within a block of the Surrey so it was not a problem considering it was a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: If you can do stairs, we loved being upstairs with the sundeck. It had an auto awning so when the s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review! It is appreciated that you took the time to help write a review about us for others to read and learn about Surrey Beach House. I really appreciate the kind words that you had for myself. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Absolute gem. Found this thru hotel tonite application. Extremely cute and quaint street. Amazingly close to the beach. Great ocean sounds. Great balcony. Adorable room. Perfect for a weekend getaway. And Kevin is just as stated on all the reviews you read about online. Totally accommodating and awesome!

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are like us: kids who like beach, dog and do not like over crowded beaches. Room are not big, view is not amazing, yes but....
But it takes 3' to go to beach (which is nice and safe), you can take beach toys, you can have a lunch under the porch and if necessary you can check mail since wifi is complementary. On the top of that you can reach in 2' cafe and restaurant which are quite cool. So a very good adress close to Philie.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It truely was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we are happy that you really enjoyed your vacation. We look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great place to stay away from the dirty casinos. I have stayed here one time and will be back every year. By far my favorite location near Atlantic City. Clean, great management, friendly people and just an overall enjoyable trip! Beach is 100 ft away, for the children, or couples- casino is down the road for the adults. The location has Excellent food service locations nearby so you don't get stuck with the (in my opinion) gross Casino offerings. 5 Stars without a doubt!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AnthonyS17
SurreyBeachHouse, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for your thoughts and opinions. I am glad you got to enjoy the area and everything that Surrey Beach House and Ventnor City have to offer, it really is a relaxing and enjoyable location. Atlantic City is always improving and they do have clean and good options also that are just a short walk or ride away. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for your positive feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventnor City
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!