“Stuffed”

Applebee's
Ranked #92 of 150 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Very pleasant restaurant. From the people greeting you at the front door, to the person that seats you, to your waitress and even the bartender they were all very cordial, funny and knowledgeable. I have not tasted a better Piña Colada since I traveled to Puerto Rico. Between the appetizers and my main course meal, the meals were timely spaced. In other words, we did not receive our main course meal immediately after we received are appetizers. We had enough time to eat our appetizers before we received the main course. We were not rushed out after our meal. Our waitress/server Janette was excellent. Kudos to her.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

applebees is ok. its a chain resteraunt that is average. the salads though are very good. its the only place that is close to work for a quick bite

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went here on a Thursday night to watch a football game. We learned that after 10 PM, they have a half-priced appetizer special (except for the appetizer sampler). Service was good, the food is average for a chain restaurant. Kean University is right down the road, so it appears to be a hangout for the students (Go Cougars!).

Reviewed August 24, 2013

In town visiting Kean University at lunchtime, we saw this restaurant and decided to give it a try. I am a vegan but usually find I can at least get a salad anywhere that fits my dietary restrictions. Yes, it's Applebee's so I wasn't surprised at all that the menu didn't have a single item that wasn't loaded with meat and cheese. I ordered a spinach salad with no chicken and asked him to "hold" the cheese as well. The look he gave me was priceless. You would have thought I was from Mars. I explained what vegan meant and told him to tell the chef to be creative if necessary to get me something I could eat. I wouldn't have been so fussy if the restaurant was busy, but there was hardly anyone else there. He had a worried look on his face when he brought me my dish, but the chef outdid himself - it was a glorious meal. I left very full and happy, and gave a generous tip to that confused young man, lol!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I went here on a Sunday afternoon and it was very pleasant. They were very accommodating to kids and the staff was very friendly. The food was very good and we didn't have to wait long for it.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!