“Lox lox lox lox lox ...”
Review of Huck Finn Diner

Huck Finn Diner
Ranked #7 of 147 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Antonio, Texas
“Lox lox lox lox lox ...”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

What English teacher can resist a trip to the Huck Finn diner? She can't, especially when she can order a gigantic plate of lox, eggs, and American fries, studded with onions and red peppers. Also served at our table: outrageously large, fluffy pancakes stuffed with apples & cinnamon, and a proper eggs benedict with lox instead of Canadian bacon (What can I say? We're a lox bunch.) Prices were reasonable, service good, and a nice visit to a Jersey diner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Deb S

South Orange, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huck Finn Diner”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love the Huck Finn Diner. The food is exhalent and so is the service. I eat at the Huck Finn Diner a lot and have never been disappointed. The Huck Finn Diner is one of my most favorite place to eat.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Debra D
New Jersey
“This diner gets the job done, nothing memorable.Nice Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was taken aback by the broken sign out front. Once I entered ,the service was very good, and I made the best of a limited menu. Turned off by all the Wonder Bread toast I saw. I had decent oatmeal with a nice ,ripe banana for 3 dollars. Wish the menu offered more whole grain options. The BEST breakfast is at Raymond's in Montclair. The neighborhood probably isn't a Whole Foods type of clientele anyway!

• Visited January 2013
Springfield, New Jersey
“It's decent”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Huck FInn is your basic NJ diner. The truth is it isn't really special. It's good, but not great. (Great would be the Union Plaza Diner). We eat here once in a while if we've been to the Union Plaza too often. The decor is your basic diner, the menu is your basic diner (large menu, decent portions, nothing outstanding). The staff is friendly and gets your order right.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Huck Finn Diner? Share your experiences!